“UW - Madison MBA Love NOLA” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #231 of 4,661 Restaurants in Buenos Aires
Price range: US$45 - US$70
Cuisines: American, Brew Pub, Cajun & Creole, Gastropub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, After-hours, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Neighbourhood: Palermo
“UW - Madison MBA Love NOLA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

One of the best meals I have ever had. They were very willing to accomodate some special dietary restrictions, as well. Every course was fantastic and the wine pairings were carefully selected. Pork shoulder with grits was delightful. We would recommend this place to anyone.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Easily one of my favorite meals during my vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

What a wonderful dining experience at NOLA. Chef Liza Puglia and her craft beer making, budding sommelier, Argentine boyfriend Francisco have created the perfect blend of food, wine and atmosphere. As each course is brought out Liz explains her inspiration behind the dish as well as the flavors we can expect to taste. Francisco then explains how the selected wine pairs with the food. The food, wine and music created a memorable night. The hip location should also be mentioned. Thanks for an awesome evening. Your food is simply beyond.

• Visited May 2014
CT
“Beer Night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

We went to NOLA for beer night. It was a fun and lively atmosphere with communal tables. The fried chicken was amazing- super juicy and crunchy. I'm still dreaming about it.The potatoes & biscuit it came with were good, but not great, and same for the dessert. We would have liked an appetizer as well. The beers were all really good- the best we had in Buenos Aires, and we tried a few different breweries. Overall, it was a fun night and I'd go back for the chicken & beer alone. I'd like to try a regular night too if I'm ever back in Buenos Aires, as it's clear that the owners can cook!!

Visited May 2014
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Good food and fun atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

I have been to a regular dinner night and the beer night. Both were great. The food was all very good and the service was nice. It is a pretty fun atmosphere. There have a large communal table and some other small / medium sized tables throughout, which seem to always be filled. Its also a fun way to meet others at your table who enjoy good food. Definitely would go again for the great food!

• Visited May 2014
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Wonderful, different, cute!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

I am quite late to this review as I visited NOLA in January, but better late than never, right? I enjoyed every part of our dinner at NOLA, starting with the service: I went with three friends and we were coming from a small town in the province of BsAs. We technically had plenty of time to get there for 21:00, but as happened many times in December and January, the highways were cut off by people protesting the continued lack of electricity in the hot summer months. So first we were stuck in traffic and then we had find our way on surface roads. It was at least 22:30 by time we got there but Liza and Francisco didn't bat an eyelash! We had emailed along the way and we felt really bad, but they were so sweet.

The atmosphere is lovely, it is a private home but it doesn't feel cramped, just nice and comfy (the tall ceilings help.) We had a private table and it was really cute, I enjoyed the little details. We were promptly served bolillo (very, very tasty Mexican bread) with a delicious lemon butter (my friend was crazy about this butter!) and some sparkling wine that I really liked. I actually liked it so much that I asked to stay with it for the rest of the meal and that was totally fine.

We started with ceviche, very, very good, the marinade was maybe a tad heavy for my taste but so good. Then the gumbo, which was probably my favorite - the flavors were just so amazing! By the third course, the pork and grits, I was really very full and happy, but of course had to have some of that as well. Tender fall-off-the-fork pork that was to die for! Wish I had a bigger stomach!

The dessert, blueberry pie, was my second favorite, I think. Flaky and yummy, sweet but with great berry flavor. Big fan! My friends enjoyed the different wine pairings while I still drank sparkling.

We totally loved our evening at NOLA and will definitely go back, want to try the beer night! The cool thing was that each one of us had a different favorite dish, which was pretty cool I thought. The atmosphere, the food, and the very good and personal service made it a night to remember.

• Visited January 2014