“Go there, eat that!”

The Hidden Kitchen
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Taiwanese
Dining options: Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Buenos Aires closed door restaurant featuring Asian flavors in a casual fun environment. Perfect for a unique Buenos Aires dining experience.
Reviewed 17 November 2012

The Hidden Kitchen (http://thehiddenkitchen.thelostasian.com) has been one of my best BsAs finds. A golden little secret that won't be a secret long.

The food, presented in courses, is elegantly arranged and super, super tasty. From the very start with the lime-chili-ginger peanuts I was sold. From there we got to watch as Frances and her side-kick dished up these incredible scallion pancakes, followed by a spicy veggie soup with pork stuffed napa cabbage rolls, spring rolls and more... THEN dinner. It's a slow, sit and enjoy and soak up the awesome onda experience. It catered well to both a romantic evening for two, friends out to make more friends, or a large group looking for a great place to eat and relax.

Also, you can bring your own wine making it a more affordable option than many that I've encountered.

(More) bonus points: the food is spicy, the staff fun, and the chef very personable and interactive.

2  Thank PageBuono

Reviewed 9 November 2012

After a few days of visiting BA I was looking for something different than the typical advertised tourist restaurants. I am quite an Asian fan no matter what city or country I am visiting, so I was happy to find a place that was not only amazing for BA, but better than probably any other asian restaurant I have tried. The atmosphere was really classy, but relaxed and the waitstaff was wonderful. Really personal and prompt, and knew a ton about the different dishes. The blends of different flavors and herbs was completely unique and everything was totally fresh! From start to finish our experience was fantastic, I will definitely be going back! Absolutely recommend for anyone!

2  Thank Damian W
Reviewed 7 November 2012

The Hidden Kitchen was a really fun night out and a delicious meal! The atmosphere was fun and casual and the service was great!

I really liked the street-food inspired theme, and being able to see the chef's process in the kitchen. The hand roasted peanuts on the table, and the crispy pancakes with house-made sauce made an awesome appetizer. I had a spicy tofu dish which was incredible! This type of food is almost impossible to find in Buenos Aires, which made it a real treat! Save some room for dessert - they really know what they are doing!!

2  Thank vrathbon
Reviewed 7 November 2012

I´ve traveled quite a bit and have experienced food all over the world... and I can say that the hidden kitchen is most definitely in the top 5 places that I´ve ever been to. Not only is it a savoury experience but an adventure all on its own. You are sent the location the day before your reservation... a location which in my case was an elegant and chique dining place (winery during the daytime) with a large balcony, and great mood lighting. You are served quite a few appetizers and a main course all of which are a flavor bombshell... think thai meets chinese meets french meets any fine cuisine you can imagine around the world.

I would definitely recommend going to the Hidden Kitchen for a cool date, a hang out with friends, I would actually even go alone because its just that good.

2  Thank SGOMO
Reviewed 3 November 2012

The Lost Asian has created a fun, friendly and delicious experience for those that are smart enough to book ahead. The atmosphere is great, the service - including the chefs - interact with the dinner guests, and the ability to bring your own beverages helps to sweeten the deal. We enjoyed a complete meal without leaving feeling bloated and stuffed, and each item was unique, tasty and well prepared. We will be back again and again...assuming there are reservations available!

1  Thank Dawn G