“Totally First Class”

Ranked #101 of 445 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Houston, Texas
“Totally First Class”
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I love boutique hotels that provide excellent service and an authentic experience when I travel. Palermo Tower was a home run. Location is fantastic right between Palermo Hollywood and Soho, a block to the Palermo Subway station and close to everything Palermo has to offer. The service was amazing with Dagmar and Isabel always smiling and making me feel welcome after a day out. Their restaurant tips were spot on, especially Osaka.
Rooms are huge with excellent amenities and extremely large beds. I even asked since they seemed so large and they are 2 meters by 2 meters which are bigger than king. The beds were very comfortable and I really appreciated the extra large bath sheets.
I also loved the free daily water bottle and the coffee in the lobby. (They proved coffee and a coffee maker in the room but they have coffee made in the lobby 24-7)
Small gym which I used daily on the 7th floor. There was also a small pool on the 7th which I did not use but nice views from the terrace.
Breakfast was great and very cozy in the terrace lounge.
I used the taxi Manuel service to and from the airport and it was well worth the extra 10 bucks over a standard cab. They were waiting for me outside of customs and got me to the hotel quickly and safely.
Overall truly a fantastic hotel and a great value.

Room Tip: I was on the 4th floor facing the terrace lounge. Very quiet.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Charles R
Palermo Tower P, Gerente at Palermo Tower by P Hotels, responded to this review, 12 January 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to post about your experience with us. We certainly appreciate all of the kind words about and the staff. Our vision at P Hotels is to provide personalized service and a real connection with out guest. We thank you kindly for your words and look forward to seeing you at one of our hotels on the future.

Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 8 January 2014

This hotel is situated on a quiet street at the edge of Palermo. Easy access to nearby Palermo subway station, decent selection of restaurants within walking distance and a local supermarket a stone's throw away for basic groceries. Its a small hotel but the rooms are huge, clean and well appointed. Free use of washing machine and dryer. Pool is nothing to shout about - a glorified tub, really. Think of it as a more of a luxury B&B than a full service hotel. Great value though, so I have no qualms about recommending this place! Very friendly staff makes the place worthwhile.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Thank you so much for taking the time to post about your experience with us. We certainly appreciate all of the kind words about and the staff.We look forward to seeing you at one of our hotels on the future.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

Best location, super cool and clean, excellent service, great people! Very nice area. Very helpfull persons. If tripadvisor let me rate this hotel as excellent superb, I would do it.
If you go to BSAS this is the place to stay.
El mejor hotel! Se portaron de maravilla con mi familia, lo recomindo sin pensarlo! Si vuelvo aqui me quedo!

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Hernan H
Thank you so much for taking the time to post about your experience with us. We certainly appreciate all of the kind words about the staff. They all work very hard to insure our guest have a terrific stay.We look forward to seeing you at one of our hotels on the future.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

Nice luxury boutique hotel in Palermo just a short walk to Subte. Very clean room, great service and concierge. Excellent breakfast! We even got a free bottle of wine. Excellent daily treats in lobby. Laundry service was fast and they ironed everything. Very affordable stay.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for choosing Palermo Tower for your stay in Buenos Aires. We certainly appreciate the time you have taken to write about your experience with us. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Very unique, glamorous. Outstanding. Service was impeccable. We had dinner at the restaurant of the hotel but meat was overcooked even if we specified that we wanted it medium rare. Beside this incident, I truly recommend Palermo Tower for your stay in Buenos Aires.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
We certainly appreciate the time you have taken to write about your experience with us. Thank you for the kind words. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

Pasadena
Reviewed 26 December 2013

This hotel is in the Palermo Hollywood neighborhood of the larger barrio or district known as Palermo. There are only 23 units all suites with balconies and kitchenette. A breakfast is included with the stay and is very adequate. Pictures on the internet are accurate. Staff were all very helpful and spoke good English. Having a concierge 24/7 was a plus. Isabel was especially helpful as were Dagmar and Daniel.

The neighborhood is in transition with some construction and some questionable areas. If you take the time to walk the neighborhood streets there are good restaurants and boutiques scattered. TA has developed a nice map showing the various attractions, restaurants and shopping in the areas which we found very useful. Palermo in general is a happening place if you search out Palermo Viejo and Palermo Chico.

The hotel is quiet in general. I would suggest that they upgrade the amenities. They looked a bit "cheap". The bed was fantastic if you like a firm mattress. The hotel is about one year old and is already showing some wear especially in the bathroom.

We did not use the fitness center or the lap pool on the roof.

There is a huge super market calle Jumbo nearby which was convenient. I recommend this hotel with the understanding that the neighborhood is in transition.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to post about your experience with us. We certainly appreciate it. We look forward to seeing you at one of our hotels on the future.

Santa Fe, NM
Reviewed 26 December 2013

The Palermo Towers is a Buenos Aires find, as everybody has remarked. Hard to add anything to the glowing reports about the staff and the rooms – all are excellent, the staff, in particular. I liked the location – reasonably quiet and plenty of places to eat within walking distance. I used a taxi to get around town so I don’t know much about public transportation connections. Couple of things I’d like to share, however: the furnishings are of a lesser quality than I would have expected in a year-old property. The laminate used to construct the surprisingly cheap looking closets is already peeling off. The stall shower is also built of very inexpensive material; I cut myself on the aluminum door frame. In the stall shower itself, there is no mixing valve for hot and cold water. I solved the problem by turning on the hot water, getting under the “rain shower” head with my hand on the cold faucet, ready to add cold as the hot water temperature increased. The free wireless connection – at least, in my room – would regularly drop to a very low, unusable signal; when that happened, I disconnected from the Palermo router and immediately reconnected. That would bring the signal back for a while before I had to go through the process again. Very important: ask one of the lovely women at the reception about the “blue dollars.” At the moment in Argentina there are two exchange rates, at least for US Dollars. There is the official one and the unofficial one. Use the unofficial one and receive fifty percent more Argentinian Pesos for each US Dollar exchanged. They can help you obtain the better exchange rate. There is nothing illegal about this; both rates are published in the daily newspaper. Just be sure to exchange your money from an honest broker. Also note that when you use a credit card, your credit card company will use the official exchange rate so you are effectively paying a lot more than you would if you exchanged your dollars and paid in cash. Anyhow, I had a great time at the Palermo Towers and you will, too. Lots to recommend it, especially the reception staff...and the free breakfast…and the free wireless…and the large rooms…and the location…but especially the staff…!!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to post about your experience with us. We certainly appreciate all of the kind words about and the staff. We look forward to seeing you at one of our hotels on the future.