“Just had a great breakfast.”
Review of Florida Garden

Florida Garden
Ranked #21 of 306 Coffee & Tea in Buenos Aires
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Retiro
Reviewed 5 November 2018 via mobile

We always come here at least once since 2008, whenever we are in BA. Lovely old cafe and top service and food quality.

But cafe con Leche is to die for.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 22 September 2018

I love the look of the pastries so I decided to try a few. Their cheese cake seems to be one their signature desserts and you can get them in miniature. I ordered one small cheese cake, one small chocolate mouse cake and one media Luna (mini croissant.)
The cheese cake was unlike US cheese cake but was still yummy. The chocolate mouse was a bit dense and dry...a bit more like sold chocolate icing on a plate. The media luna in a dirty obsessed with them was a bit dry and lacked the standard flakiness of a croissant. The service was good the atmosphere a bit cafeteria like.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 11 August 2018

I ate here twice while visiting BA in June 2018. The food is reasonably priced, tasty and the service is accommodating, but not intrusive. One evening meal I ordered a pizza which was much more than I could eat in a single sitting and the waiter packaged up my leftovers to go. Another day I enjoyed a leisurely breakfast.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 13 April 2018

We dropped into Florida Garden with a friend and had a hearty meal with all the trimmings. Service was very good as was the wine. Food was standard fare. Nothing to write home about, although the location is great and you're part of the history of Centro.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 11 April 2018

If you/re looking for a break from the busy shopping area, this is your stop! We were treated to the best service along with a great bottle of wine and a nice prosciutto sandwich loaded with tomatoes, hard boiled eggs, cheese & lettuce. By the time we left (2 bottles of wine later), we felt like our waiter was our long, lost Argentine uncle.

Date of visit: April 2018