“Lives up to its sterling reputation”

Arribo Buenos Aires Hotel Boutique
Ranked #242 of 440 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We were intrigued by the excellent reviews at Tripadvisor and decided to give this small friendly hotel a try at the end of our four week stay in Argentina. We were not disappointed. Great location, a very nice room and ample breakfast. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Longmark

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Unfortunately only stayed one night but the room was sizeable with ensuite shower with hot water. A very comfortable bed and quiet nights sleep. The owner was extremely helpful and aided in all we asked.

The hotel is walkable to restaurants, local sights and shopping areas.

We would strongly recommend this hotel

Room Tip: Try to get a rear room as these are quieter rooms
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I had one of my best trips ever in Buenos Aires at the end of May - and it goes down as one of my favorite travel experiences around the world. Much of that I can credit to the warm atmosphere and engaging, helpful owner and hotel staff at Arribo. As a solo female traveler breaking out on my own very impromptu adventures across the Atlantic, I took very seriously how cities, hotels, and people make me feel during my visit - most importantly whether I feel at home. From the deluxe room to the tasty breakfast to the bright sky'lit sitting room to getting to know the people there - Arribo hotel helped me to feel as if Buenos Aires were home ' and I will most certainly be going again!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Crystal D
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 4 nights here, and from the outset the owner was outstandingly helpful. The room was lovely, clean and spacious, and the bathroom was very nice. The breakfast was served in the cafe across the road and was really excellent, plenty of choice. We organised to go to a tango show at the same cafe through the hotel, and this also comes highly recommended. The location of the hotel is absolutely ideal. Finally, one word of advice would be to bring US dollars to pay with, as you will save a significant amount. This applies elsewhere too.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Andrew P
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Very close to Plaza de Mayo, neighborhood feels safe enough, the restaurant across the street where you get breakfast through the hotel is good (they also have a tango show so it's very convenient). Staff was really helpful and very concerned about security. Owner was very helpful for anything we needed. Rooms were basic but nicely made and a great value. Street could be a little loud (more from drunk people Sat night than cars) but I always travel with ear plugs so it didn't bother me. Didn't mind that the bathroom was in the hall for that price - especially considering it was our own bathroom with our own key so we could be sure it was empty when we needed it. Everything was very clean. I would stay there again if i'm ever in Buenos Aires. Also a tip for Buenos Aires - DON'T WALK THROUGH LARGE AMOUNTS OF PIGEONS (especially at "Congress"). Some "smart" theives will use a squirt bottle to squirt feces on you, tell you its from the birds and so kindly help to clean you off. Of course what they really want is for you to take your bags off so they can steal them. We were careful and didn't have anything stolen but needless to say we were very unhappy to be dirty in that way. They even put it in our hair. We went to the police, but chances are they will never be caught.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tab097
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We had a lovely stay here and our room was perfect. We also enjoyed the breakfast at the nearby restaurant in the morning. Both Martin and Damion were extremely helpful and friendly.
Our only remark would be to suggest booking on the reception area floor. Our room was through what we thought was the public lounge (see website photos) but this was actually Martin's living area. We felt a little like we were invading a private space although Martin was always happy for us to be on his terrace too. It would be interesting to hear what others thought. Also, we would have liked a space for guests to meet up and a space to be.
The position of this hotel was perfect for all the sight seeing we wanted to do and we had some great meals down in St. Telmo.

Room Tip: See my review
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PamRossonWye
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed for just 1 night with my wife and her parents.
What impressed me was the owner's generousity. He gave us all information we needed, helped my father in law who got liquid over his clothing by some bad guys in Buenos Aires and provided authentic mate tea for 4 of us.
The hotel itself is very historical building made in 1890s. However the rooms are well maintained and adequately renovated for guests' convienience. The owner explained to us about the facilities one by one. That made me feel he takes care of themselves very carefully.
In addition, the location of this hotel is outstanding. You'll be able to access almost all must spots by walk.
If I could visit BA again I'll definitely choose this hotel. Thank you for everything you gave for us, Martin! Ciao ciao!!

1  Thank Takuro W