“What a great little place”
Review of Le Petit Palais

Le Petit Palais
Ranked #5 of 256 Buenos Aires B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 April 2014

If you like personal attention, small environment and excellent price you will love this place. Gilles is a wonderful host, very accommodating, excellent cook and decorator. All the rooms are done in mid-century modern he's collected throughout the city with splashes of french antiques. He has a lovely patio for breakfast or inside dining table. All the food he serves is fresh and mostly organic. He bakes fresh bread every morning with fresh squeezed OJ, fresh fruit, local jams and eggs upon request. He also makes his own yogurt and provides granola or cereal. On top of all of that, croissants/danish!!!!
He's very helpful with directions, maps, reservations, and suggestions for dinner. This B&B is in Recoleta area but borders Palermo Soho which is the new "cool" place! Very convenient!

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the street. Our room had a larger bathroom but it was across the hall. O...
1  Thank Cathy C
Gilles G, Owner at Le Petit Palais, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2014

Dear Cathy and Scott,
Thank you very much, it is not hard to be a great host when you have great guests!
I will come and say hello if I ever go to California ;-)

There are newer reviews for Le Petit Palais

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Le Petit Palais is a wonderfully comfortable and peaceful B&B. The location is great, it allowed me to see the majority of central Buenos Aires on foot but is also handily placed for bus routes. It is also close to plenty of good restaurants.
Gilles was a great host and his hints and tips on visiting BA combined with his fabulous breakfasts were both invaluable ahead of a day exploring the city.
If visiting Buenos Aires again I would have no hesitation in returning to Le Petit Palais.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

I will be very honoured if you ever come back in Le Petit Palais, and you will be more than welcome.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

Forget staying in some regular, boring hotel, this is THE place to stay in Buenos Aires. My boyfriend and I were lucky enough to spend a week with Gilles in his wonderful B&B and even that wasn't enough time! Our room was beautiful, spacious and had a lovely modern bathroom. Breakfast on the roof terrace was absolutely delicious - pastries, fruit, homemade yoghurt, and Gilles fantastic scrambled eggs. What more could you want?!

The B&B is in the Palermo area of Buenos Aires and this quickly became our favourite area to spend time in. We could walk to some great boutique shops, restaurants and cafes in the soho area and felt very safe walking around at night. To get around the rest of the city we could easily jump on the subway, bus or grab a taxi.

As for Gilles, he was the most amazing host and went above and beyond to make our stay in Buenos Aires a really special one. He recommended and helped us book restaurants, gave tips for how to spend our days and even treated us to a bottle of champagne on my birthday!

We really couldn't have asked for anymore from our stay and are so glad we chose 'Le Petit Palais' for our trip to Buenos Aires. We really hope to see you in London soon Gilles!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

I am really happy that you enjoyed your time in Le Petit Palais, as I enjoyed having the four of you here.
I hope to see you next time I go to London.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Thank you Giles you have a wonderful home that you share with travellers. We had a brilliant time & your travel advise was first class. Breakfast on the roof a must and the cats so friendly. We will definitely return some day.

Michael and Jennene

Room Tip: 1st floor front room overlooking entry garden
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Gilles G, Owner at Le Petit Palais, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2014

Thanks Michael & Jennene.
It was really nice meeting you and having you those few days in Le Petit Palais, I will welcome you again, and if you don't come back in Argentina, I will probably see you in Australia.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Le Petit Palais is a cozy place to stay in Palermo District. Gilles is extremely helpful. He also provides a great breakfast including fantastic eggs and homemade yogurt. The building is old but has all of the comforts such as modern bathrooms. Beautiful windows and wood floors. You can walk or catch a bus to everything. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Front room gets some noise early in morning from delivery trucks going up the street.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Gilles G, Owner at Le Petit Palais, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

How wonderful it was to have you here in le Petit Palais.
I really hope you will come back.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

We spent 5 nights in this small boutique hotel. The hotel is in and old very nice house and all the public areas are very tastefully decorated. The room which we got was less impressive and very small but very clean. The breakfast was very elegant with many self made components, but it seem that someone could do better with the quantity. (you do not feel like asking for more butter or jam). The place is in Palermo, excellent neighborhood. The owner is very nice and very helpful.This small hotel is very recommended if you do not mind small room.

Room Tip: Ask the owner Gilles, maybe other rooms are bigger.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

It was really nice having you at Le Petit Palais.
It is a shame you didn't feel like asking,I prepare and serve the breakfast myself and I am 4 meters away during the breakfast, guests usually ask when something is missing on the table or when they want some more coffee... I like it that way as it is a house, not a hotel.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay

Reviewed 18 February 2014

I stayed at Le Petit Palais for two nights and wish I could have stayed longer. Gilles is a wonderful host and makes the best breakfast. The house is gorgeous and I was very comfortable in my room. I felt very much at home there and Gilles was very helpful in providing information about Buenos Aires. I hope I get the chance to visit again! (Also, the cats are so sweet).

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Gilles G, Owner at Le Petit Palais, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

I am happy you enjoyed your time at Le Petit Palais, and the cats ;-)
It was really nice meeting you, I hope you will come again soon.