“Canadians Please Stay here!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Babel Suites

Babel Suites
Ranked #264 of 451 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Vancouver, Canada
“Canadians Please Stay here!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

We just returned home to Canada and we stayed at the Babel Suites during our stay in Buenos Aires. I highly recommend this place! Large rooms, balcony, pool, a great breakfast, and great service by the staff! especially Pablo! He is so informative. To all Canadians thinking of spending time in Buenos Aires, stay here! San Telmo is a great part of Buenos Aires, nice and central! and like I said the staff are great and very helpful! For the value, hands down, this is the place to be!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jrogknows

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Polish first
Toronto, Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

We just returned from 12 nights at Hotel Babel Suites (our second visit to BA). The hotel is small, quiet and the feel is casual, hip, modern. And very clean...excellent value. Charming young guys at the front desk, no attitude.
The rooms are as shown in the photos, huge actually, with a kitchenette at one end. Each suite has a balcony. The rooftop pool is rather small, but the deck is quite nice and unlike a lot of other hotel pools, this one gets good sun because there isn't anything blocking the light.
Breakfast is croissants, toast, tea, coffee, fruit, various juices and yoghurt and eggs. The two ladies in charge are very pleasant. It's ok. I'd recommend this hotel, for location and reasonable priced accommodation in a charming, boutique environment.

Room Tip: We were at the back and it overlooks the carpark. I would have preferred a front location overlooki...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

Babel Suites made us feel like we were living in our own appartment. The superior room was huge and comfortable, and very well worth the money. The location is perfect, just 2 minutes from the bus and another 7 to reach the obelisk. We also enjoyed the swimming pool/bar at the roof and the breakfast was good enough for being included.

The reception was nice and helpful by ordering taxi's, booking tables at restaurants and giving us directions by map. A special thank you to Rodrigo!!

Don't mind the bad reviews. If you're gonna complain about a remote control, you should find something else. We are definitely coming back. Highly reccomended!

Alba & Nico

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nicodahl
Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

My fiancé & I just got back from our first trip to Latin America & it was so much more than we ever anticipated. Initially we were planing on staying in two different hotels to get a nice feel for the city and to have options in case we didn't like the first one. That was not the case, we loved it at the Hotel Babel Suites and extended our stay there for the rest of our trip. It's simplicity of design and attention to detail gives this hotel a very understated sophisticated feel. We stayed at the Superior Suite, the room was a perfect size and although the design is contemporary it does not lack warmth. Location of the Hotel is perfect, near the subway and just a few minutes away from 9 de Julio! Though both of us are from Russia and do not speak any Spanish, English was just enough not to create a language barrier with the staff at the Hotel. Lovely service and very helpful with recommendations of where to go and what to see. As it turns out, we came during the hottest time of the year and the heat was taking it's toll on us after a day of walking around, coming back to a cool room and going for a dip in the pool was the perfect medicine. Such a friendly and warm atmosphere all around. The service was very personable and helpful. This hotel is a winner. And it will forever stay in our memories as part of a wonderful pre-wedding vacation, we will be back!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

Hotel location is excellent just block and half from the metro bus area (9 de Julio) and few blocks away from Obelisco. Hotel is nice and clean, there is a beautiful breakfast inside and outside huge balcony, breakfast is poor compared to other hotels but is good enough to morning start, The staff are friendly enough to make your stay comfortable, rooms are huge with a little kitchen and reading area and balcony in some of them. One objection I have is the AC which was not working or very light (not good for summer season stay, and make sure you ask about the charges by using hotel phone on the room. Other that than is a very good !!!

Room Tip: All the room are the same size, outside view some to the street (which are little noise) and other a...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed two nights. Service seems to have improved from previous reviews. They were helpful in setting us up an extra night in the same room. Rooms are big clean with nice bathrooms and a balcony.

Rooms however we're not ready for a couple hours because they were short staffed.

Location is close to many things although surrounding not as nice. Felt safe to walk around though even at night, but there were a few drunk people.

Good value if booked online.

• Stayed December 2013
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

I was one of what appears to be a number of travelers who originally booked Hotel Babel but ended up getting moved to Hotel Babel Suite. In my case, I was notified my reservations were getting moved while I was waiting to board my plane to Buenos Aires.

Hotel Babel Suites is located in a less desirable part of San Telmo, closer to Av 9 de Julio than the weekend San Telmo fair. There are what appear to be residential homes across the street from the hotel and each morning I was awoken by large groups of young men talking and horsing around on the sidewalk across the street. Some of the men would sit around late at night which made me nervious.

Also, I found the front desk attendant either unhelpful or dismissive. Let me give two examples.

When I checked in I realized my room was located next to the elevator. I had a bad experience at another hotel so I immediately asked to be moved. The front desk attendant told me he couldn’t move me without even look at the computer system. I realize they may have been fully booked but considering I was moved from Hotel Babel approximately 12 hours before I checked in this is unlikely. Unless I took the last room in the entire hotel the front desk attendant simply didn’t want to do any extra work.

Later that evening I was thirsty. I went to the front desk and asked where I could buy a bottle of water. He reminded me that there was a bottle of water in my room. I mentioned it caused US$10 and wanted something more affordable. The front desk attendant rolled his eyes and told me there was a drugstore around the corner. I never found the drugstore but did find some bottled water. When I returned with my US$1 bottle of water he smiled and flippantly asked if I found cheaper water.

On the positive side, my room was spacious and clean. Although the rooms are actually quite nice, the forced last minute move, unimpressive hotel location and frustrating issues with the front desk staff you probably want to keep looking.

Room Tip: Ask to stay away from Mexico (the street the hotel is on). There are young men who congregate on th...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo