Waldorf Hotel
Duque Hotel Boutique & Spa(Buenos Aires)
US$156
US$99
  • Breakfast included
Alvear Palace Hotel(Buenos Aires)
US$452
US$350
US$165
US$136
  • Restaurant
Melia Recoleta Plaza(Buenos Aires)(Great Value!)
US$328
Legado Mitico(Buenos Aires)
US$194
US$155
  • Breakfast included
Alvear Art Hotel(Buenos Aires)
US$337
US$161
Travelocity
  • Pool
Mine Hotel Boutique(Buenos Aires)
US$179
US$142
Priceline
US$160
US$132
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsclose to florida streetclose proximitythree nightsspent two nightsspoke englishyogurttaxiargentina
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Wow, for 3 stars I thought this hotel would look like a Motel 6 or a Best Western- no frills but clean. Yikes! Our double room was teeny-tiny, with a scalding hot shower (almost burned myself!) and the bedspreads were stained- big stains!

The room was pretty clean otherwise, though it needs a serious update. The walls are paper thin and we could hear everything outside (we needed the window open because it was boiling hot in our room!) and everything anyone said in the hallway. This was especially disruptive when people starting showing up for some kind of conference.

The hotel advertises free wifi, but this is only in the teeny tiny lobby, which has 2 love seats and 4 chairs to accommodate guests. To get wifi in your room, you have to pay for it. This was a big issue for my friend and I, who were counting on the free wifi in both hotels we were going to stay in.

There was no safe to lock our belongings in, and given the amount of people coming in and out of the hotel daily, we definitely wanted to do that. We ended up locking our luggage instead.

There were practically no outlets in the room for us to both use to charge things- one was in the bathroom and that was it, unless you unplugged the TV.

The hotel staff was ... kind of scowly. The lady managing the breakfasts (which were very good) never ever smiled! And most of the staff sort of tolerated my friend and I and our questions, at one point giving us incorrect info about a tour that was going to depart. Thank goodness I asked the tour guide to clarify. The night manager who helped me on the 8th, when I locked my luggage lock key in my bag, is an exception. He was very friendly and helpful.

Stepping outside the hotel, we were a few blocks away from many good restaurants and a park, and we were able to spend a day walking to and around the Recoleta district and back. I wouldn't be out on the street there at night, however. Same as New York City, really.

Room Tip: Ask for one away from the elevator!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 June 2013

The hotel is just ok... The magnetic keys give me troubles everytime i have to use it, (room 609 BTW) no one came to do my room the first day till 4 pm, and I have to beg for... At night was noise coming from the other rooms, music, loud talk, and like someone said no privacy, open the courtains and you are inside the next room, but you can't expect much for the price, but the worst was the guy (tall, black hair, I don't know his name, he was in the morning shift...) behind the front desk, very rude like I never seen before in a hotel...
After I checking out, I ask him the phone to do a local call (I need to call my ride to the airport) and of course I was ready to pay for, he answer me that he was not allowed to facilitate the phone to me, but if a really need it, I can found a street telephone anywhere around the hotel... I'm pretty sure he thought I will not tip him, which of course I didn't, I do tip very good to Leandro, the doorman or whatever, he told me I can ask for the phone to Martha, a very nice lady who has a next door, leather stuff business.
I piece of work this guy...I never be back to that hotel because of him.

Room Tip: Don't go there!!! Is a trap!! You have 100's of hotels around and I doubt any worst than this... I do prefer spend a night at the "Bates" or Transylvania" hotel than come back to this one, not at least till Quasimodo is out of there... For real...Don't go There!!!!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 April 2013 via mobile

This hotel was a great location! Close to an awesome steakhouse and a few bars. About tens minutes away from a nice shopping mall. There were great outdoor bars and restaurants to have a drink and people watch. You are within all the action if you stay here. The rooms were clean! The maids did a great job cleaning and pressing our clothes. The front desk people were very friendly. Ok now to my complaints, there aren't many though. The street noise was loud a couple nights, we could hear people talking out on the street from our room.
There was one afternoon before it was even dark, that we saw a guy steal a woman's backpack. He did it so cleverly and stealthy that she didn't even notice. So watch your bags! It's a big city, so that should probably go without saying. But some people can be very trusting.
Other than that, we do recommend staying there because of the great location! We even walked around at night and felt safe but probably not the best idea.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 21 March 2013

My recent travel to South America involved 6 hotels-this hotel is the worst in terms of room facilities. We had to keep the window curtains on all day as the windows of opposite rooms were just 30 yards away. The beds meant mattress on folding frame,which moved sideway if you happened to jolt on them. A motel could be much better!
The hotel is located in the nice central area with restaurants and shops all around. The front desk service is very good in terms of taxi and direction service and other needs. Breakfast is also satisfactory with good choices.
Conclusion: software--4 stars
hardware-1 star

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Just spent two nights at Waldorf hotel. Location is excellent, for shopping as malls and lots of other shops are in close proximity, restaurants are also close by with an excellent choice, from meat only restaurants, coffee shops with gorgeous cakes, to the normal restaurant which caters for all tastes. Reception area is very nice and staff polite and helpful. If I had any criticism I would say that tea and coffee making facilities in rooms would be useful, also I was not very happy that whilst Internet was free in the lobby, you had to pay to use in your room. Rooms were clean and adequate.

Room Tip: We were in a back room on second floor, with a window but view was of internal courtyard, maybe room on front would be better.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends