Che Lulu Guesthouse
US$329
US$230
Hotels.com
Hilton Buenos Aires(Buenos Aires)
US$177
US$163
US$119
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Awwa Suites & Spa(Buenos Aires)
US$147
US$201
US$161
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Melia Recoleta Plaza(Buenos Aires)
US$340
US$179
US$708
US$585
  • Pool
Bulnes Eco Suites(Buenos Aires)
US$168
US$136
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 September 2013

To all readers, please AVOID THIS PLACE!
Why? 1. Unsafe 2. Dishonest staff 3. Dirty 4. Disgusting
My belongings were stolen! I found my lock broken and bag opened!
My cash was taken! Upon telling the staff, they did nothing to rectify it.
DO NOT GO UNLESS you don't mind your belongings taken!

Also, the facilities are poorly maintained. Taps have rusted and bedsheets are stinky.
The photos are exaggerated. It may be a good neighbourhood, but really it is not worth the risk!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
9  Thank genhxa2707
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Being very excited about BA, Chelulu sure has the ability to take the excitement right out of you. I have stayed in many hostels before but this one was dirty and one big disappointing experience. The showers were full of body hair and it seemed to me that they have not been cleaned in ages. The bedding was stained. Other than for its great location, I cannot say much more. It is definitely not the best that BA has to offer. I would miss it for any future travels to BA.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
6  Thank kates_diary
Reviewed 16 May 2013

My partner and I stayed here for 2 nights while in BA. It looked nice from the outset and then got progressively worse. We got a last minute deal so it was only $60 USD per night, but even this was too expensive for a shared bathroom and TINY bedroom. The decor of the guesthouse is funky but nothing else stands out. The owner of the guesthouse was very arrogant and rude and made up an exchange rate of 8 ARP to 1 USD. The current rate was 5.22 on the day. I argued it and showed him the policy from the booking site we had used which states that you pay the current exchange rate on the day. He got angry stating that the hotel has their own. I informed him we would stay elsewhere and then he backed down and honoured the REAL exchange rate, as he should've. I also explained that this is the FIRST time I've had such an issue after 3 months of travelling through South America.
Besides the rude staff, the room was very small and VERY noisy. We could hear people cleaning up in the kitchen until the wee hours of the morning, all the street traffic, and constant noise outside our bedroom window.
To top it off breakfast was below average - stale bread and another unfriendly staff member manning the kitchen counter.
We are now back in BA and have found much better accommodation down the road for a fraction of the cost!
Do not stay there - there are better options for better value in the same suburb.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank DRIW_10
Reviewed 7 May 2013

My first time there was arround 2008, the place was very nice, with design stile, artsy, but very interesting. Now the managment must have change, since it is no longer stylish, and the room was a bit dirty. The rooms are small and crampy, especially the bathroom.
I dont't recommend it for people above 25 years old.

Room Tip: Double rooms are not worth the cost.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank aka_Beller
Reviewed 4 January 2013

The place is definitely not worth the money, absolutely NOT a hotel. The room we had (double) was extremly small and very dirty (pubic hair on sheets and a moldy smell). The shared bathroom was disgusting.

We booked five nights but wanted to leave after two as we couldnt bare staying longer. Thats when the greedy staff became rude. They charged us another rate than stated on hostelbookers, a made-up exchange rate. When trying to explain they got rude and more or less shouted at us . Suddenly nobody was responsible.

Do NOT stay here.