“Worn down, unloved rooms”

America Plaza Hotel
Ranked #273 of 446 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Sydney, Australia
“Worn down, unloved rooms”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Checked in late at night, Tienda Lion airport transfer dropped me off at the door. Reception was available. The carpets were stained in many places. Wallpaper was stained in places and peeling. Furniture was dented or peeling in places. The bed was comfortable. Pillows were average. Bathroom was fine. TV was old 51 cm with cable. Free Wi Fi worked best when I sat next to the front door of my room! Thank god for the AC as BA is humid! Breakfast was ok, yogurt, juice, breads, cheese, ham and dry or overly sweet cakes, The best bit was breakfast was served on the roof top so there were views. Some receptionists spoke good English. Location was near a Subte (subway) station and shops off two main roads. The street itself was a bit seedy. Opposite a carefour supermarket. La Americana down the road serves thick 'pizza pies' and is a popular local chain. Overall, you could easily find something better, I allowed my travel agent to bundle this into my trip as I didn't have much time. If you just want to sleep, shower, grab a bite at breakfast and escape to do sight seeing this place is OK.

Room Tip: Higher level floors are quieter
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Mister_Bump

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
Reviewed 30 November 2013

The hotel is at downtown. Good for business. If you like walking, you can go easily to comercial streets, they are not so far. Only 2 problems: no eggs for breakfast and internet connectivity is pretty bad. Unstable wifi connection.

Room Tip: Eat the croissants for the breakfast! They are awesome!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank hannelita
Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

Its a good place to spend an evening when you are running low on budget, however it lacks few basic things. One of them being WiFi. Personally, my 3G phone was way better then their service. Would also want to point out that it does not have Hot Water Kettel, Microwave Oven, Basic Utensiles and an LCD TV.

1 Thank Sachin C
Montevideo, Uruguay
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Keeping in mind this is a basic, budget hotel, I would say it is OK. Sure, an overall refit would be in order, but it is right for the money. Front desk employees were helpful and attentive. The location is very good, near subway stations and some important attractions. Room was plain and a little outdated but clean and reasonably sized. Bath needed some repairing but was in working conditions. Breakfast was also simple but good in its category. I spent there two nights with friends and our room was located in the 5th floor.
A last word of advice, the neighborhood doesn't look very secure at nights. It's a dark, narrow street and the entry of the hotel is not very illuminated. I've been to Buenos Aires many times and I wouldn't say this zone is "unsecure", but I would be careful and restrain my strolling around at nights, except may be for the main avenues nearby (like Callao and Corrientes).

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Marianela_56
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I really enjoyed staying at this hotel. The service was really awesome. I arrived early, so I knew that rooms wouldn't be ready, so I planned to leave my bags, but there was a room ready. Checking in was smooth. They helped me with my luggage to my room. Although language was an issue, people communicate in the best way possible. The rooms are vintage, feels very 1980's but in a charming way. They have wifi, although a little week in my room 406, but really good in the lobby. They were willing to hold on to my bags after check out as I had a late flight.The breakfast is good, fresh and very Buenos Aires. I would stay at this hotel again. A couple of blocks away from train stations. Love this city!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Halle, Belgium
Reviewed 8 June 2013

The hotel is well located to discover BA, subway nearby. The rooms are clean, however need refit. The breakfast is ok. Don't expect much more then a place to sleep, but at good price. If you want to spend a lot of time in the hotel I would not choose this one.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed 14 March 2013 via mobile

I was in BA in january and enjoyed it very much
I stated in Palermo Soho was very nice
This time I tried low budget hotel and was disappointed very much.
When you book this kind of hotel you need to know you pay less but you will get not much
My room was on the 3 floor , old and dusty feeling inside very basic
Had microwave and sink in case to make a sandwich Or something
Bed was like I remember in my grandma house when I was young ... Old not good
Staff was good helpful at the front desk and bell boy
Was able to exchange USA $ at good rate / that was very nice indeed
Breakfast on the top floor
Very basic simple... Just to get a bite for the day ... I did not like the room for the breakfast Old tradhy ...
Like a terrace .... Did not enjoy
The hotel itself is on a small very busy steer lots of notice and tragic going on
I do not recommend the hotel
Use in last possible way
There is no subway very close too
Well it's better pay more and enjoy
That's what I think