“Bright and modern hotel”
Review of Hotel Madero

Hotel Madero
Ranked #36 of 444 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Hotel Madero is well run with mulitlingual staff. Its clean and modern in amongst the apartments and restaurants of Puerto Madero - the most modern part of BA.
Tip - the open top tourist bus stops not far from the hotel although the reception staff don't seem to know this.
Its an easy walk into the city centre from the hotel and generally the area is very safe both day and night.
Good tasty breakfast.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the hotel have a view of the restored and redeveloped docklands area.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
HotelMadero, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Madero, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2013

Thank you very much for sharing your experience!!! We look forward to seeing you soon again!

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Great experiencia, internet works better than months ago. Quiet, clean and nice hotel.
Only minor complain is that some rooms may need updating since furniture has scratches and getting old.
Good hotel and would recommend.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
HotelMadero, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Madero, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your suggestion, as this is a useful tool in our constant search for excellence in service. Therefore, we are happy to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that your Madero Experience has been successful.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

Breakfast was amazing - dulce de leche in cakes and in a little pot at the table - wonderful! Chocolate milkshake alongside the orange juice - bliss! ... and all the other good things I like at breakfast.

Arrived in late morning on Air France flight. Hotel let me have early check-in. Hotel is in a safe and modern area of Buenos Aires not far from the business district.

At the weekend I (being my usual self) went on a little jaunt miles away from the Hotel and strayed unknowingly into the most dangerous part of BA. Yep - I was easy prey for a gang of street robbers. After they stripped me of wallet, phone and backpack I went straight back to hotel. Concierge were most helpful & called police, sorted out a police interpreter and sent me to exact location to report the crime. Thank you for your assistance!

The room was spacious and clean and the bed was huge.

The only downside was a bath that, despite being dry to step into, sounded squelchy underfoot, as if it had a leak and water had got trapped underneath the bathtub. Also some of the bathroom fittings were a bit rattly. Although in my experience, even in upmarket hotels, rattly bathroom fittings are common place.

I didn't have dinner at the hotel because in Puerto Madero there are lots of good places to eat out in the evening.

Breakfast was the highlight for me!

1  Thank Tim D
HotelMadero, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Madero, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

We really appreciate your comments. All our guest comments are of our most interest and concern. It is nice to know that you have felt comfortable and that you have appreciated our service. We hope to host you in the future once again.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

Stayed 1 night July 25th for Business

Good
Great and safe location
Walking distance to many I mean many restaurants on the water.
Lunch was surprisingly good and the Sushi looked great.
They went out of there way to find me a power adapter :)

Bad
Nothing

Overall a great hotel in BA for the Business or vacationing Traveler.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
HotelMadero, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Madero, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2013

Thanks for highlighting the service we provide. We are glad to know that we have exceeded your expectations!

Reviewed 30 July 2013

I loved staying here for 2 weeks. The staff was always helpfull and very attentive. It's very clean, classy and modern. Plus great amenities.. Good breakfast... Great location! Nothing bad to say... I will def return!!

Room Tip: Get a room with a view! Great night view!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
HotelMadero, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Madero, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Thank you very much for your lines! We look forward to seeing you soon again.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

I stayed for a week in Hotel Madero at the end of June and was very pleased. This was maybe my tenth holiday in Buenos Aires and I have previously stayed in many different areas, mostly Recoleta. Puerto Madero used to look like the most sterile North European suburb but now that all shops and services are in place it has become a safe and ideal base. A new large supermarket is just two blocks away.

The hotel has a contemporary decor and attracts a smart clientele. It used to be a Sofitel and still looks like one - and I mean a nice one. My room was really spacious and had a balcony overlooking a garden court with a water feature. Bathroom design a bit bland but still classy.

Breakfast buffet was delicious and the breakfast waiters cheerful and charming. Some extra costs surprised like one for espresso.

On my trip I had luggage trouble: Air France - a very different airline than they used to be - chose not to deliver my luggage for my entire stay. The staff acted above and beyond the call of duty in helping me with my problem. The concierge used pratically his entire work shift trying to contact the (unsurprisingly) overburdened Air France lost luggage information. Air France rewarded me with bumping me off my overbooked return flight but that's another story. I also fell briefly ill during my stay and an english-speaking doctor knocked on my door literally within minutes after I informed the staff.

So if you are looking for a trendy hotel that also has the resources and professionalism to help when things go wrong on your trip the Madero is the real deal.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
HotelMadero, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Madero, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

It is truly a pleasure for us to have had you among our guests. First of all, thank you very much for your warm words! We are glad to know that you have enjoyed your visit at our hotel and that our staff has exceeded your expectations. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 17 July 2013

I come to Buenos Aires 3 times a year and have been in many different hotels until the beggining of 2013 when I was suggested Hotel Madero. What a fantastic surprise. It is in a perfect location with all great restaurants around, modern, clean, great staff, perfect gym and other amenities.
It is a classy place which includes also a restaurant with grat variety of choices (you can also find a "Bife de Chorizo" grilled to perfection.
It is the best and affordable option if you come to BA no matter if it is for p,easureor Business.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Dear Ricardo, we are glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that our staff has looked after you as you deserve!