“Great location, friendly staff, modern hotel”
Review of Hotel Madero

Hotel Madero
Ranked #34 of 440 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel for the first time. I've been to Buenos Aires other times, but never stayed at this neighbourhood. The hotel is modern. the rooms are clean, large and comfortable. The breakfast has a variety of food, including different kinds of bread, fruits, cereals and pastry. Secure area for walking and a good start to explore the city. Definitely. I'd come back.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank andrea782
HotelMadero, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Madero, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Andrea, thank you very much for your kind comments!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,909)

Reviewed 21 April 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Hotel Madero for the last three nights of our trip through Argentina and Patagonian Chile.

I would describe It is a classy, business type hotel, but with a personal and friendly touch, all of the staff we came into contact spoke good English, and didn’t seem to mind that our Spanish is very limited.

Our room was well furnished, with large built in wardrobes, with lots of hanging space and good lighting inside. You don’t often get that I think. Our King Bed was very comfortable, and I must say that the linen was among the best we have ever slept in. I don’t know what type of linen the sheets were, or what the thread count was, but it must have been very high for me to notice.

When I mentioned this to my wife, she looked at me in disbelief almost, because I’m a guy that likes fine things, but I also go camping in the mountains and deserts regularly, so, how could I notice such things she thought. But I did!

The only problem we had was with the room service. On our first night we checked in very late so we decided to eat in our room, but sadly everything that was supposed to be hot was almost cold when it was brought to the room. I don’t just mean not piping hot, it was less than warm
The waiter had gone when we noticed, and we were too tired to complain and wait for something to be done about it, so we just ate what we could and left the rest. It cost them a star that’s all.

We liked the location of the hotel too, pleasant waking to lots of restaurants on either side of the now gentrified dockland, and the several cranes that you can’t miss seeing as you stroll around, are now artistic painted monuments to the dockland of the past. I liked them, but so do roosting birds!

I would stay here again, but eat out.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Drew I

We are glad you have chosen us in Buenos Aires. Thank you for informing us about those aspects that you consider should be improved. Our guests´ opinion is really important for us and this kind of comments helps us to improve every day.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

I've been meaning to write this review since coming back from BA in August 2013, so better late than never. The hotel is fantastic, the service was friendly and helpful and the food in the restaurant was excellent.
The location makes it an ideal place to explore the city and as a solo traveller with limited Spanish that was a bonus. The staff were extremely helpful in providing advice on transport, places to eat and things to do.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Berjalanan
HotelMadero, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Madero, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

We are happy to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that your experience has been successful. We hope to seeing you soon again!

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Location cannot be beat with easy access to business district and lots of nightlife. Safe and secure area for walking. Hotel offers good service across the board. Gym is compact but good with nice pool area for relaxing. Rooms are crips and clean yet getting a little worn as it the hotel but it maintains an urban vibe.

Room Tip: High Floor. Suites are great if you need to entertain or want more space with balconies. 8th has d...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

It is really a pleasure to have you as a guest. We are glad you have chosen us in Buenos Aires City again. We wish to see you soon!

Reviewed 8 April 2014

The location of this hotel is nice, a little to the right when you arrive at Puerto Madero. There are a couple of blocks around it with local stores and a few small restaurants. There is also a Jumbo nearby, a medium sized supermarket where you can find fresh food, a deli and things to add variety to your meals.
The building where is this hotel is nicely constructed, with a nice warm pool on the upper floor. A great view comes with it.
The service could be better at the restaurante though, with missing ittems on the buffet during the breakfast, which did not happen before. You have to find somebody to help you with basic stuff as silverware to glasses.
Coffe is good but a little on the warm side to my taste. Well, bakery is not to the Sofitel standards but I am a little too picky on this. Just not the same wow factor anymore.
Overall, it is well worth it and everything else was good, from the concierge, vallet and cleaning.
Hope you enjoy it!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank FamilyGuyWithTwins

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments regarding the breakfast service, as this is a useful tool in our constant search for excellence in service. We welcome feedback from our guests because it helps us improve our service and enables us to asses the service we provide. Therefore, we are happy to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

For me this is always the beginning and the end of my trip in Argentinia. I love it because the bario is safe and hip. If you want to run the reserve is just a few moments a away. You can sit on the roof in a jacuzzi. That is so cool, I noticed small changes what was needed. One downsite and they do not want to change it. You have to pay for internet. I can understand this is the case for your room but not in the lobby and bar. You can use their pc for internet for free but I like to have when I have a drink in the bar. The bar is hip so I like do drink there but if you are alone als I travel solo it is then nice to have a drink with your own iPad with free internet

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank globaltrotter_carol
HotelMadero, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Madero, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Thank you very much for your comments and suggestions!

Reviewed 12 March 2014

We are a young British couple (both 29) and thought the Madero was a perfect BA overnight stop.

Funky, trendy, minimalist. Great location near restaurants and bars of Porto Madero.

Rooms
We had a Deluxe room which was above expectations (especially for only US 219 p/n). Private balcony, small seated area separated from the bed with a large TV cabinet. Room felt spacious and modern.

Overall excellent. The concierge (Sebastian) gave us some great tips about where to go for dinner (steaks at Cabana Las Lilas) and then tango (El Viejo Almacen - absolutely fantastic, top tip splash out for "VIP" and they will put you right in the front row with a bottle of champagne for an extra $20pp). All of the hotel staff were incredibly friendly and most of them spoke excellent English.

Random tips
Wifi connection is 50 pesos per 24 hours ($5)
Breakfast was good and had buffet style eggs, bacon, chorizo, french toast and a full continental offering
Roughly 25-30 min drive from both international and domestic airport

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Boyce_London
HotelMadero, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Madero, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your experience in this website!
We welcome feedback because it enables us to asses the service we provide. So, we are happy to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us!