“High quality in the best part of the city”
Review of Hotel Madero

Hotel Madero
Ranked #36 of 444 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed 23 May 2014

First of all, I don't usually stay in places like this. I find them very expensive UNLESS you wanna spend a few days with your girl and enjoy the stuff the hotel has to offer.
So, it is not cheap but it is very good and well located. It was not so crowded which was nice when using the pool, sauna and jacuzzi. Service is good as well and the rooms are big and with a modern and minimalist design.
Only "bad" thing I can say about it is that breakfast was kind of a disappointment. Coffee was barely regular, no maple syrup for pancakes and not many fruits.
Overall I'd say it is a good place if budget is not a concern for you.

Room Tip: Rooms with inner windows might be cheaper.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
HotelMadero, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Madero, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

We welcome feedback from our guests because it helps us improve our service and enables us to asses the service we provide. Therefore, we are happy to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We wish to see you again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,866)

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I've stayed several times in this hotel, for business trips. In all occasions the service was impeccable, rooms clean and comfortable, and the breakfast excellent. I’d recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to have a great, problem-free stay in Buenos Aires.

Room Tip: Book early. Standard rooms have a desk, whereas suites are bigger but don't have one.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
HotelMadero, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Madero, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Thank you very much for your kind comments and for reccomending us!

Reviewed 3 May 2014

We were a bit apprehensive about staying here as we had stayed in their sister hotel The Royal Plaza in New Delhi, three months previously and it had been terrible. Fortunately the Madero is everything the Royal Plaza is not. Excellent service, particularly by the front desk, the staff are great and very welcoming. Great rooms, though the first one we had had a better view. Very reasonable room service, though the restaurant is not the most comfortable I have been in, small tables and low chairs. Last time we were in Buenos Aires we stayed right in the centre, The location of The Madero is in a redeveloped docklands area with spacious streets, great walks along the docks with comfortable cafés and restaurants but within easy, safe feeling, walking distance of the city centre.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front, at the moment they have a good view over the docks (until they build on...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ChrisLee1066
HotelMadero, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Madero, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

We are happy to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that your Madero Experience has been successful. We would like to have the opportunity to host you again!

Reviewed 1 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel for the first time. I've been to Buenos Aires other times, but never stayed at this neighbourhood. The hotel is modern. the rooms are clean, large and comfortable. The breakfast has a variety of food, including different kinds of bread, fruits, cereals and pastry. Secure area for walking and a good start to explore the city. Definitely. I'd come back.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank andrea782

Dear Andrea, thank you very much for your kind comments!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Hotel Madero for the last three nights of our trip through Argentina and Patagonian Chile.

I would describe It is a classy, business type hotel, but with a personal and friendly touch, all of the staff we came into contact spoke good English, and didn’t seem to mind that our Spanish is very limited.

Our room was well furnished, with large built in wardrobes, with lots of hanging space and good lighting inside. You don’t often get that I think. Our King Bed was very comfortable, and I must say that the linen was among the best we have ever slept in. I don’t know what type of linen the sheets were, or what the thread count was, but it must have been very high for me to notice.

When I mentioned this to my wife, she looked at me in disbelief almost, because I’m a guy that likes fine things, but I also go camping in the mountains and deserts regularly, so, how could I notice such things she thought. But I did!

The only problem we had was with the room service. On our first night we checked in very late so we decided to eat in our room, but sadly everything that was supposed to be hot was almost cold when it was brought to the room. I don’t just mean not piping hot, it was less than warm
The waiter had gone when we noticed, and we were too tired to complain and wait for something to be done about it, so we just ate what we could and left the rest. It cost them a star that’s all.

We liked the location of the hotel too, pleasant waking to lots of restaurants on either side of the now gentrified dockland, and the several cranes that you can’t miss seeing as you stroll around, are now artistic painted monuments to the dockland of the past. I liked them, but so do roosting birds!

I would stay here again, but eat out.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Drew I

We are glad you have chosen us in Buenos Aires. Thank you for informing us about those aspects that you consider should be improved. Our guests´ opinion is really important for us and this kind of comments helps us to improve every day.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

I've been meaning to write this review since coming back from BA in August 2013, so better late than never. The hotel is fantastic, the service was friendly and helpful and the food in the restaurant was excellent.
The location makes it an ideal place to explore the city and as a solo traveller with limited Spanish that was a bonus. The staff were extremely helpful in providing advice on transport, places to eat and things to do.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Berjalanan
HotelMadero, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Madero, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

We are happy to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that your experience has been successful. We hope to seeing you soon again!

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Location cannot be beat with easy access to business district and lots of nightlife. Safe and secure area for walking. Hotel offers good service across the board. Gym is compact but good with nice pool area for relaxing. Rooms are crips and clean yet getting a little worn as it the hotel but it maintains an urban vibe.

Room Tip: High Floor. Suites are great if you need to entertain or want more space with balconies. 8th has d...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

It is really a pleasure to have you as a guest. We are glad you have chosen us in Buenos Aires City again. We wish to see you soon!