“Great value - everything you will need!”

Pestana Buenos Aires Hotel
Ranked #74 of 447 Hotels in Buenos Aires
NJ
“Great value - everything you will need!”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I was greatly impressed with the Pestanas Hotel. The rooms were fantastic: 1) extremely comfortable king bed; 2) great price ($107); 3) large, nice bathroom with excellent shower / pressure; 4) fantastic breakfast buffet; 5) half price happy hour at lobby bar!. The room furnishings were a bit worn out, but so what!! The bed was immaculate and very comfortable, the flooring was tile and laminates - no ratty carpets; nice flat screen TV; large closet and safe; also - the room was very quiet. Overall, I cannot think of anything to improve, especially considering the reasonable rate. Lastly - the location cannot be better - right in the heart of Buenos Aires - a few blocks from Obelisk and Florida St., etc. I easily walked to San Telmo and even to the Rocelleto area (I like to walk). I found the neighborhood safe. If I'm lucky enough to get back to BA, I will stay again!

Room Tip: I was in room 911. A few feet from fast elevator -
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Gabriel H, Gerente at Pestana Buenos Aires Hotel, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear guest,

Thanks for choosing Pestana Hotel Buenos Aires!
We appreciate your positive comments about our hotel and we are glad you liked our facilities and enjoyed our great location.
We hope to see you again very soon!
Kind regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel for my last night in BA, after two hard weeks of volunteering! Best idea I had! One night of luxury. The pool and sauna etc are fantastic! The staff were so helpful moving me to a room with a view, ordering me a taxi to the airport. The dinner in the restaurant was so worth the money, but not overtly expensive! The room was sooo big and lovely and incredibly clean! The breakfast was fab! :) brilliant hotel. Can't recommend it highly enough!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank S0phi_19
Gabriel H, Gerente at Pestana Buenos Aires Hotel, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Mrs Sophi,
Thanks for choosing our hotel for your stay in Buenos Aires. We are very glad to know that you enjoy our spa, our breakfast, our restaurant and the most important our Staff. We appreciate your recognition. We hope to see you soon in our Pestana. Regards
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed in this one in may for 4 days. I liked buenos aires as I always do but with president christina fernandez the coutry is on her way to a terrible faith. Prices skyrocketed in 4 years and it really is not worth a visit anymore.....the hotel used to be 70% less in 2010 ,in us dollars ...lol...
The rooms are modern, clean,the staff really tries to be nice and helpful but 40 us a bottle of soso wine and 120 us a set menu for 2 is ridiculous in south america.
Do not go outside after 22h because the area is not safe at all.
Cabdrivers are more than doubtful and will try to give you faked 20 and 50 peso bills! Be cautious and do not show ipads ,iphones etc. Leave them in the safety box.....
Ask for a suite or deluxe room...
Too expensive for the money

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DRLuxury
Dear Mr. Frank Thanks for choosing the Pestana for your stay in Buenos Aires. We are very glad that you enjoy our facilities and our friendly staff. I am sure that other travelers will take advantage about your comments of our Argentina. I hope to see you soon between our guests again. Sincerely
Sao Paulo De Olivenca, AM
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The hotel is located on 9 de Julio which is busy street. The location is ok but we learned that recoleta or Palermo would be better for us in future. Room was ok, not very big and need refresh. The service was regular although staff smile a lot. Breakfast was average breakfast for hotel but ok considering the price. My friend and I stayed 2 nights.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Renata R
Gabriel H, Gerente at Pestana Buenos Aires Hotel, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing the Pestana Buenos Aires Hotel, and for your feedback regarding your stay. Your comments are being analyzed, and the necessary improvement measures will be taken. Kind Regards,
London, England
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with a couple of colleagues for a two week business trip.
Check in was quick and efficient and rooms were ready early (which was a huge bonus as we'd just had a long flight). Reception were friendly and helpful with directions and continued to be great throughout stay - booking things for us, printing things, answering queries etc.
The room itself was nothing to write home about - view out the back isn't spectacular - but spotlessly clean every day, and with two double beds, more than adequately sized for a small me. There was also a desk and chair in the room, along with a safe. The wifi was a little patchy in the room, but not too bad - definitely had worse!
Breakfast was a good spread, not many hot options but lots of bread and sweet stuff, and all the usual stuff you'd expect.
As an added bonus the restaurant downstairs also served very nice food for the few occasions we stayed in.
The gym facilities were nice, the pool was a nice temperature and never too crowded.
On the downside (it may be my fault for being tasty) but the mosquitos in the lobby were awful. Every time I stood still in there for 2 minutes, I got another bite. Not sure what they can do about this, but I didn't get this issue elsewhere in restaurants etc. Maybe some kind of repellant is in order??
The second thing was the price of the laundry service. Now I know it's a captive market and there's always going to be a premium, but £3 to wash a pair of knickers is just insanity (at least for a person who owns knickers costing £1 each). In 2 weeks, my colleague spent 2 nights stay (£150) on washing. I washed things in my sink and got a passively aggressively placed washing bag on my bed as a gentle hint ;). Honestly think they're doing themselves out of business here, but I just couldn't bring myself to pay what was being asked... Rant over!
All in all, would I stay again? Yes, absolutely. With ankles coveted in deet and the address for a nearby laundry service!

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Rach_L_UK
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for sharing your detailed experience with other travelers. We were pleased to know that you had enjoyed our service and facilities, and we thank you also for the comments about the aspects of your stay that were not so positive, they´re an important improvement tool; they will be considered an analyzed. We hope we could welcome you back if you come to visit our country again! Regards,
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 26 April 2014

This hotel is all about Location and a above-average quality of your stay. it is less than a block away from Teatro Colon and a handful of other tourist locations and it sits in a very accessible place Hotel is clean and well kept. Rooms are spacious and well equiped. We did not see any spot in this hotel that looked dirty or not maintained and we felt very relaxed here. Room service and breakfast are really good and the value is great. we stayed for 4 nights.

PROS:
- Spacious rooms
- Pool and Spa
- Location, Location, Location

CONS:
- Internet is consistently offline
- Staff service is not consistently quick or available.

Room Tip: When you book your room dont pay the extra bucks for the executive rooms. They are exactly the same...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank taioli
Gabriel H, Gerente at Pestana Buenos Aires Hotel, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your preference and for sharing you valuable comments with other travelers. We are glad to know that you enjoyed our location, that our facilities made you felt relaxed, and that you enjoyed our breakfast.
About our weaknesses; we are changing the internet supplier, as we realized that the growing demand has made that our actual service is not efficient and we will be ready to give an excellent service very soon.
At your next visit to our country it would be a pleasure to welcome you back at Pestana Buenos Aires! Regards,
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed 7 April 2014

The Pestana hotel is located at the widest avenue of Buenos Aires, some say even of the world.
The Avenida 9 de Julio guarantees heavy traffic but you’re not affected by that in your room. On the contrary it provides a magnificent spectacle.
The location cannot be beaten and is perfect to explore the different parts of the city.
Rooms are comfortable and don’t have carpet but a (cleaner) laminate floor instead. There’s a surprisingly nice swimming pool, spa and (small) fitness area in the basement.
They call the few seats in the lobby the ‘Tango Bar’. That’s perhaps a bit too optimistic. I did not eat in the restaurant (= breakfast room) as there are so many better options in Buenos Aires to have diner. Breakfast itself provides plenty of options to have a good meal. Only slightly negative point is the fact that the staff does not always looks to have pleasure in the work they do.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Christof V
Gabriel H, Gerente at Pestana Buenos Aires Hotel, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your preference for Pestana Buenos Aires at you recent visit to our City. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our location and facilities. Thank you also for sharing your experience at our Food and Beverage area, your comments will be shared and analyzed to improve our service quality, although experiences like yours are not common at other guests’ experiences, and not accepted at our service standards.
We hope to welcome you back at your next visit to our Country! Regards,