“Loved it”

Ranked #27 of 445 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Cape Town
“Loved it”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Perfect location in the nicest part of BA, with shops and restaurants in tree-lined streets just waiting to be discovered on foot. The hotel staff was efficient and friendly, the room clean and bright with (oh joy) a small espresso machine included. The price was reasonable too; all in all a very good find. We were sad to leave.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank working-suitcase

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

We arrived early at the BoBo and the receptionist was quite gracious. She allowed us to check in early and immediately noticed we had requested 2 double beds which.... Were not available. My sister and I do not sleep well together so this was a big deal. They tried to shuffle rooms but it was not possible to switch to another room. We were disappointed, frustrated, etc. but after a long day, we just settled in. The room was a bit funky but very nice and in time, we agreed, we could make it work.
The receptionist let us know the manager wanted to compnus dinner for the mix up. We thanked her and then arrived for dinner. It was amazing! Way beyond my expectations. Our food was 5 star and a wonderful surprise. We left early in the am and the staff had coffee and croissants waiting for us when our cab arrived.
Overall, it was a great experience and I would recommend the BoBo for wonderful service.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank incognitodiva
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2014

The BoBo hotel was one of my best ever hotel stays! The exquisite made-to-order breakfast, double jacuzzi bath-tub in our room and friendly, helpful staff made our stay a joy. It was almost a shame to leave the blissful hotel environment and head out to the busy streets! My only regret is that we did not stay there longer (just 2 nights). The restaurant and breakfast was the best I have ever encountered at a hotel.

One thing to note is that Palermo Soho, where the hotel is located, is at least a 30min cab ride away from the centre of town, where most of the tourist attractions are, as well as the bustling La Boca and San Telmo neighbourhoods. Taxis are cheap, but the Buenos Aires traffic is rather tedious.

My one criticism is that the hotel could do with having bigger safes in the rooms. Our safe was too small even for a mini-iPad!

All of that being said, the BoBo hotel is well worth it. An in-room espresso machine, huge comfy bed, the balcony and petit fours in our room were all lovely touches. If I am ever in Buenos Aires again, I would definitely look to stay there.

Room Tip: Room 15 was superb!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dhusrini
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 5 March 2014

My sister and I stayed four nights at the Bobo Hotel in the Palermo district of Buenos Aires. The room was nice, the staff was helpful and the breakfast was top notch. The hotel is on a quiet tree-lined street about 5 blocks from the subte station. It was a quiet neighborhood within close walking distance to many restaurants.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Stayed 3 nights at the BoBo after a Mendoza wine trip. Was late checking in due to a flight delay but nevertheless, staff at Reception was waiting for us when we arrived.

Our Suite 5, themed ‘Argentina’ was exactly what we requested for – a quiet room with view of the street. Initially my husband and I were a bit taken back by its furnishings. It certainly lacked the polish and the ‘newness’ of our room at the Fierro. But it redeemed itself with its charm and huge jacuzzi tub. We also loved the skylight that gave us views of the lovely street trees while lying in the King bed.

Staff were pleasant and helpful with maps and recommendations. Was disappointed with the 3-hour Signature Tour though. Guide was not the best but we got to see a lot of the beautiful city quickly. We were not impressed however with La Boca – seedy and hyped for tourists.

Breakfast staff were very nice but choices are limited. Exceptional though was room service – prepared with love and ample servings. Even our simple sandwich we ordered up late at night upon arrival was delicious!

Location is good, easy walk to shops and restaurants. Our favorite include
• Sabater Hermanos at Gurruchaga 1821. Wonderfully scented soaps with great packaging. Shop assistant Santiago packaged our many orders beautifully.

• Casafilo at Armenia 1971. The friendly Naftilsan brothers craft high quality knives.

• Confiteria Panificacion on Thames. This corner pastry shop serves up lovely treats and service.

Hotel laundry is very affordable (even though we didn’t need to do any) and the hotel was clean and everything worked. No issues with street noise whatever.

It was easy to relax on our last few days in this remarkable city at the BoBo.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank happy2bealive
Nelson, Canada
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We needed a room for one night while in traditional. The Bobo stored luggage for us for 5days while we explored Uruguay.
Upon our return, our luggage was in our very nice room with a small balcony.
We enjoyed an exquisitely prepared special Valentine's dinner of exceptional value.
The following morning the included breakfast was the best encountered this far in Argentina.
All of the staff speak impeccable English and provided for our every need. They prebooked our seats on our flights to Mendoza.
The service in all regards was superb!!
Nelson, British Columbia, Canada

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lazyhs
New York
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I stayed for a total of 3 nights over 1 week.

The staff could not possibly be more helpful. They recommended perfect nearby restaurants and did their very best to work around the kitchen being closed for dinner during remodeling. (It's open for a lovely breakfast.) They also brought hot tea to my room at 6am so I could have it while packing for early departures.

The only caveat is it can be noisy. I was lucky because my daughter was in the room next to me. Very thin walls and noisy floors…and the rooms all overlook the street. I would have been in trouble if I had guests next to me who were not on my schedule!

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the end of the corridor away from the elevators - and pray the room next to you...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family