“Not just a BA but a unique travel experience”
Review of The 5th Floor

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Buenos Aires
The 5th Floor
Ranked #3 of 256 Buenos Aires B&B and Inns
Boston
“Not just a BA but a unique travel experience”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

A lot of vistors have talked about how good the service, value, sleep quality and location of the 5th floor ba is. All of that is true. What is really different is the experience with Miles & Veronica! They did everything with an extra touch which makes a huge difference for seasoned travelers like me and my wife. The breakfast starts with excellent coffee, freshly squeezed orange juice, free range scrambled eggs & fruit salad. Then they would be available to help us with planning our day out in BA. Miles & Veronica are an encyclopedia of all the fun things to do in BA and every suggestion they made was a hit with us! We stopped referencing our lonely planet book. Every evening when we got back to the ba we would be welcome to a social gathering on the terrace. Everybody chatting, enjoying a drink or generally having a good time. This was the best part of our stay here! We stayed here for New Years eve. Miles and his sous-chef organized a closed door parilla dinner! The food was amazing (best beef I ever had) and we had a perfect finish to the night looking at the fireworks from the terrace.

A word of praise for the friendly cab drive Juan who Miles has known for many years. With a perpetual smile on his face Juan picked us from the airport and I will remember all the football conversations we had on our drives!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank karmagrain

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 13 January 2014

As a frequent traveller I had been to many B&Bs and this is by far one of the best. Upon arrival you are welcomed by the charming Veronica and Miles. In a typically Argentine building, very well situated, on two floors you will find a most charming, tastefully decorated apartment. The common places are divided in a way that you can always find a private corner, whether indoors or on the terrace, to read or if you prefer have a drink with the hosts or other guests. Every thought was given to the decoration of the rooms. The walls are soundproof and the rooms well provisioned.
Being an early bird and breakfast not being served until 9:00am, accommodations were made for me so I could have my coffee earlier in the morning. The breakfast is deliciously prepared by Miles and served on the terrace.
The crème de la crème is Veronica, she's a real gem. She was patient with my beginners' Spanish, prepared maps for my daily excursions in town, made reservations for car rental, took care of flight reservations. For each neighborhood a detailed map was printed with a list of museums, coffee shops and restaurants. She and Miles went out of their way to introduce me to their friends so I could get a feeling of the city in the evenings. The recommendations I got from them for restaurants, bars and jazz clubs were all excellent choices.
Will I go back to the 5th floor? Absolutely. Will I recommend it to friends? You bet.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank yvonne067
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We had the pleasure of staying at The Fifth Floor for 6 nights during the last week of 2013. Miles and Veronica give you the feeling that you are at home from the beginning and we would recommend it to everyone who wants to enjoy the real Buenos Aires. The B&B looks beautiful with the art deco style and Miles and Veronica now their way around Buenos Aires clearly.

From a stylish bar where we were received by Danny, a friend of Miles and Veronica’s, with open arms to a simple street restaurant where we enjoyed the best Bife de Chorizo in three weeks (and which beat La Cabrera ten times in quality and fun!).

The concept of having an honesty bar and regular drinks between 7 and 9 PM (for those who would like to join) creates a very relaxed vibe that everybody enjoys. After everybody decides to go out for dinner for themselves or order in some Empanadas for example. In the morning eggs and breakfast as you like it freshly prepared.

They seem to know literally every place in Buenos Aires from bars, restaurants to shops. Juan, their local driver took us out shopping to the best shops in town and negotiated a better price for us.

All in all we had a fantastic time in Buenos Aires and for a big part thanks to Miles and Veronica. If you enjoy a personal touch, want to find the best places in town and meet great people definitely stay here!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michael C
New York City, New York
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We spent three nights here at the end of our honeymoon and wished that wed found out about it earlier. My wife was in design heaven because the furniture so well complemented the Art Deco apartment. We had room 7, the largest and probably the nicest room. Breakfast is on the patio in the sun and cocktails every evening at 8. Miles and Veronica were perfect hosts with a great eye for detail. Would definitely stay again next time in BA.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JustinWod
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Miles & Veronica's home from home B&B is such an excellent alternative place to stay in BA.. Like staying at a good friend's house without any of the obligations..

Highly reccomend it to one & all (and I'm very fusy!)

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank FussyBrit
Mexico
Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

Lovely guests, excellent food, amazing place, great located, finest taste. Loved it. I usually stay at my own place in BA, that I also rent by season, this time I had to find an hotel cause my apartment was occupied. Luckily I found this secret oasis. Thanks!

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Jesus R
Cambridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I was born and raised in Buenos Aires and now live the US. I have traveled back to Buenos Aires dozens of times to visit family and friends and have sampled several "boutique" hotels in Palermo and San Telmo. The 5th Floor, where I stayed with my wife last month, was, hands down, the best I've seen. For one, staying there is like traveling in time to the grand Buenos Aires of the first half of the 20th century. The hotel used to be a family's penthouse and is done in late Art Deco style. The new, and beautiful furniture respects that style. At the same time, the rooms and bathrooms have been updated and everything works the way we expect in hotels in the US (which is not always the case in Buenos Aires). Another big plus to the 5th Floor are Miles & Veronica, who clearly love what they're doing and make the guests truly feel at home. Breakfast, cooked to order, was always delicious and we loved sitting in the large Andalusian-style terrace, listening to the humming of the city while we sipped our coffees. If you can get a room here (they only have 7!), don't miss your chance. It will make your stay in this great city even more enjoyable.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple