“Good Hotel with warm services”

Regal Pacific Hotel Buenos Aires
Ranked #35 of 440 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed 18 August 2013

The Hotel is very nice. It is a very good hotel. the only problem is that this hotel is located in a street that is a kind of conner street. But, my friend said that it is easy to access the walking street there.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anton P
Maria Julia C, Revenue Manager & reservations at Regal Pacific Hotel Buenos Aires, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback about your recent experience with us.

We always do appreciate to receive feedback from our clients as it helps to improve our service and quality standards.

In regards to your comment about the hotel location, we would like to inform you that this year our Street will become a pedestrian Street, this will be better for our guest.

We are looking forward to welcoming you as our guest during your next visit to Buenos Aires.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

Regal Pacific is a very good hotel at a reasonable price. Rooms are spacious, have good furniture and are well equipped. The bad thing about the hotel is the Internet. It is not included, expensive and in the time of my stay not so fast. Also for workout enthusiasts the fitness room is just good enough. Too small and old devices.
Location is great, at Microcentro and close to Puerto Madero. The restaurant is also very good, and even late at night there are good meals available at the bar. The service is helpful and I had no issues. I recommend to anyone travelling to Buenos Aires and looking for above average hotel at USD 150 or so.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MarcBez
Maria Julia C, Revenue Manager & reservations at Regal Pacific Hotel Buenos Aires, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Thank you for your comments about your stay at Regal Pacific Buenos Aires.

We are glad you enjoyed our spacious and well equipped rooms, as well as our excellent location and service.

Regarding the Internet access, the Systems Manager will revise the connection with our provider. Whereas, the Hotel Management has decided to discriminate the Wi Fi price from the room rate as many guests do not use this service and it is more accesible this way.

We thank you sincerely for the time you spent sharing your experience and we can assure you that every aspect evaluated will be professionally handled for your benefit and that of other guests that continue visiting us.

Reviewed 7 July 2013

Easy access to the ferry port. Subte station about 2 or 3 blocks away. 15 minutes or so on foot to Florida and Microcentro. Streets a bit quiet at night but didn't feel unsafe at all. The front desk staff were helpful and accommodating. They allowed us the earliest possible time to check-in at 11 and an hour late in check-out. Room is very spacious, well-equipped and comfortable. There is a reasonably good gym. Big buffet breakfast spread. Internet and printing available at the lobby. Not a top end hotel but all the service and amenities you'd expect from a 5 star hotel business hotel are there. I don't know what is the rack rates but it was exceptional value with the deeply discounted rates when I booked with a third party hotel booking website.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lcw-indietraveler
Maria Julia C, Revenue Manager & reservations at Regal Pacific Hotel Buenos Aires, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at Regal Pacific Buenos Aires.

We are happy you liked our great service as well as our central and safe location, our spacious rooms and our helpful staff.

Revenue Manager & reservation

Reviewed 27 June 2013

This hotel offered a pleasant experience in Buenos Aires. We had two stays there and got to sample two different rooms. The staff was friendly, especially the concierge. The front desk staff was stern at times, but overall pleasant.

Depending on what you are planning on doing in BA, this could be a great location or a poor one. The city is fairly large and it takes a while to get across town. Seems like there's always traffic. The subway station was not close to this hotel and required a decent walk. The streets are very dusty in most places in downtown and the sidewalks are in need of repair.

The hotel is in somewhat of a business area, so most places are closed at night around it. A short 15 min walk will get you to Puerto Madero where you will find a lot of great restaurants. The location is also good if you are planning on taking a boat ride or ferry, as the terminal is across the street. From there you can take a ferry to Uruguay and visit Colonia del Sacramento, which I highly recommend.

For shopping, visit Galerias Pacifico and Florida Street. I would also visit the Recoleta Cemetery as it's quite a unique experience.

It will take longer than expected to get around town, so plan accordingly. Also make sure to allow plenty of time to get to the airport as it will take longer than expected and they are not very accommodating with late checkin.

Hotel:

PROS:
-Location was great for us since we walked to Puerto Madero several evenings for dinner.
-Rooms were large and clean. I would get a room that faces the back rather than the front, as it is very noisy with the street traffic.
-Breakfast was decent. We liked the pastries and fruit. Skip the mystery eggs.
-Concierge staff were fantastic.

CONS:
-Wifi had connectivity issues. Have to login every time you want to access it. This was very annoying on the iphone.
-No flexibility on late checkout.
-Pool was closed

Room Tip: Get a high floor room facing the back
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank advoc8

Dear Guest:

Your opinion will allow us to follow up on every issue you evaluated, reinforce service strengths or take immediate action where weaknesses may have been observed.

Each comment received becomes a very important tool for us in our constant effort to measure service quality or improve any service omission. All of them are analyzed with our Executive Staff and after determining the corresponding course of action, we keep statistics and records which enable us to plan the introduction of renovated methods, further employee training, or update technology.

Regarding the check out time, we inform you that check out time is at 12 midday, but if we have availability we offer late check out free of charge until 1 pm, and after 1 pm late check out has an additional charge of USD20+tax per hour.

We apologize for the inconveniences you suffer during your stay, as regards the Wireless Connection, the Systems Manager will revise the connection with our provider.

We can assure that every aspect evaluated will be professionally handled for your benefit and that of other guests that continue visiting us.

If you have plans to visit Buenos Aires and stay with us in the near future, it will be my pleasure to take care of your reservation needs and look forward to meeting you personally upon your arrival.

Reviewed 13 June 2013

The hotel is in an excellent location for Puerto Madero and the Galerias Pacifico shopping mall, as well as Florida (shopping street). The reception and concierge staff were all very helpful and the breakfast buffet reasonable although I never did quite work out what the scrambled eggs were made from. The bedrooms are a generous size and well appointed as well as being quiet. The $9 Evian was excessively priced but this is not unusual for large hotels anywhere (and there are convenience stores within three minutes walk that will sell you water for normal prices). The gym is reasonably equipped and enough for the average hotel guest. All in all it was a great place to stay for my first visit to Buenos Aires.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank bucharesta
Maria Julia C, Revenue Manager & Reservations at Regal Pacific Hotel Buenos Aires, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2013

Dear Guest;

Thank you for your comments about your stay at Regal Pacific Buenos Aires.

We are glad you enjoyed our spacious rooms, as well as our excellent location and our helpful staff.

Revenue Manager & Reservations

Reviewed 15 May 2013

We stayed at the regal pacific between May 11 and 14, and I must say I did not experience the 5-star service I expected, but first the good things: great buffet breakfast with lots of options to choose from; good hotel location with walking distance to Puerto Madero, and Galerias Pacifico shopping mall.
Now, the bad things: I booked a special package in a corner king executive room, but when checking-in I was told we had a regular executive room prepared instead the one I requested. The receptionist changed the room immediately but of course when we arrived to the room, this one was not yet prepared with all the amenities offered in the package (bathrobes, the basket of fruits, the bottle of champagne, etc.) so they completely blew the birthday surprise I wanted to give to my boyfriend.. Later, I was told to inform them when leaving the room so they could prepare everything accordingly for our return, but I must say this came too late !! the room was also really dark since it faced the "25 de Mayo" street, and just across the street there is another hotel which blocks all the view!. Given this location, the room was also really noisy since that street is too narrow and it gets really crowded during rush hours, so if you are of a light sleep, you should not stay in rooms facing that street.. They should not charge that much for that room, it is just not worth it!
The package also included a daily tea service, and spa ammenities, however, all these were almost nonexistent!.. the basket of fruits was just a plate with some pieces of fruits; when requesting the daily tea service, I was informed this was not daily but only for one time... I could managed that they delivered some tea to the room (which came 45 minutes later!) and they arrived with only one cup of the tea, unbelievable!!! when complaining to the front desk, the answer I received was " I will tell the guys" and later I was explained that according to room service I had only requested one cup of tea, which of course it was not true!!
As for the spa amenities for the hot tub, we only had them for one day since they did not replace them daily! At first I thought they forgot and wait for the next day but then, same thing..
The package also included 15% discount in their restaurant, however when asking the front desk how to make this discount valid, I was told they did not know anything about this discount. I explained the front desk clerk that I had received an email from the hotel confirming this discount, but she asked me to show her the email so this would be clear, so I had to went back to my room and bring my laptop down so as to show her the email...
The day prior to our departure I requested some help at the front desk to call a taxi to pick us up the next day, and she said I must call from my room (with charge) but since I did not have the number I needed her to make the call, so she did it but "as an exception"…
I have stayed in 5-star hotels in the past and I must say this was far from being a 5-star service!! I wanted to have a special weekend but If I had knew this was going to be the service, I would have chosen another hotel.. The few amenities we had were because of the package booked, but other than that: the wifi in the room had a fee (it was only free in the lobby); no complimentary newspaper in the room; no coffee for the coffee machine in the room; a bottle of water with a note indicating the price USD9,00..
The front desk staff (except for Yamila) were unfriendly and not so much helpful.. I was certainly expecting for a 5-star service, which I did not get (despite their ISO certification and the opinion of other reviewers)
Overall, I was very disappointed so I will definitely not come back..

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Alejandra_73
Reviewed 11 April 2013

As a business man, traveling alone I always look for a minimum comfort with good price. I have been using the hotel for the last 3 years at least twice a year. It is not the cheapest and not the most expensive. but it is Well located, have very good services, nice rooms and the food is good. You are close by very nice restaurant, Puerto Madero, florida street and Pacifico Galeria Shopping Mall. The Internet is quite expensive and I have made a deal with them to get it free, but the system to have a VIP Internet valid for 24 hours is make live hard, for those working...

Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank igormborges
JULIA C, Revenue Manager & Reservations at Regal Pacific Hotel Buenos Aires, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2013

Thank you for your comments about your stay at Regal Pacific Buenos Aires.

We are happy you liked our great service as well as our central and safe location, and our spacious rooms.