“great time :-)”

Ranked #35 of 274 Buenos Aires B&B and Inns
San Diego, California
“great time :-)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2010

ideal location, fantastic staff, comfy bed, awesome shower, yummy breakfast, what else do you need?

Thanks guys! We had a great time.
Scott & Ana

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ana Q

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
ARMENIA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2010

I flew 21 hours from Yerevan, Armenia and when I arrived at Solar I knew I could really kick back, relax and enjoy my stay. The rooms were terrific and the beds and pillows were truly high quality. Breakfast was a healthy variety of fruits, croissants, yogurt and fresh squeezed orange juice. It was ideally located close to bars and restaurants and every other part of Palermo just a $2.50 U.S. cab ride away The staff Santiago, Juan and Ernesto were polite and courteous and always ready to help in any way they can. I would recommend Solar to anyone wanting to visit Buenos Aires.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank Rolinstone
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2010

Solar Soler is well located on a calm street in Palermo Hollywood, and offers very good amenities (although the bathroom was a little iffy, no water pressure...) and service, with incredibly helpful staff. At that price point, though, we eventually found better alternatives in the area.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MtlPhil81
North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2010

I stayed at Solar Soler for 3 nights and loved it. The location is within walking distance to the subway, there are tons of great restaurants in the neighborhood and it's not far from more restaurants and bars in Palermo Viejo. My husband and I ate almost all of our meals in either Palermo Hollywood or Viejo and walked to all of them. We stayed in one of the rooms that overlooks the street and had no problems with noise (as some others have complained about). The staff is very friendly and breakfast is great.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SAfan16
usa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2010

We spent out last 3 nights in Argentina at Solar Soler and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Nicely located, with a lovely central area, good breakfasts, and very helpful staff. We especially enjoyed Juan's recommendations for anything from a restaurant to a tango show to Argentinian music. We would stay there again!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank edmichel
Seattle, WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2009

We stayed at Solar Soler at the end of our tip in Argentina and it was great. The staff was friendly and very helpful and the hotel was clean and quiet. The rooms were small but nicely decorated and had everything we needed. There was a small breakfast served downstairs every morning and a kitchen that was available to use all day. The location was great, lots of restaurants and shops within walking distance and close to public transportation as well.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank cecurry54
San Francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2009

I had a fantastic experience at Solar Soler and I will definitely stay at the bed and breakfast again the next time I'm in Buenos Aires.

I arrived at Solar Soler after a two week trek through Patagonia. All my expectations were not only met but exceeded.

ROOM: My room, located off the patio, was spacious and airy, very clean, had a ton of natural light and was very quiet. I slept well during my stay. My bed was very comfortable and all the linens/towels, etc were clean and good quality. Patio was darling! Decorated with flowers and plants, I had a pleasant time sitting at one of the tables out there, reading in the early evening.

SERVICE: Saying the Solar employees were attentive is an understatement. They were consistently friendly and helpful. I only stayed three nights but I think most of them knew me by name or at least by "room" by the end of my stay. Staff was always on hand to answer any questions and give advice. I requested a taxi to take me to the airport at the end of my stay and it arrived on time (not the case with other places I stayed in Argentina).

One member of the staff, Victoria, went out of her way to help me with a personal issue - I lost my medicine while in Patagonia and arranged for a family member to send some to Solar so I'd have some medicine upon my return to BA. Long story short, there was a question of whether Argentina would allow random "drugs" from the US to be simply mailed into their country. Without being asked, Victoria took the time to call the proper authorities to find out how what we needed to do to get the package delivered. And this was still a week and a half out from my checking into the hotel. I feel this is a good example of how the Solar staff treats its guests - as valuable clients.

LOCATION: I loved the location. Yes, Solar is not located near the typical tourist hubs in the center of the city (i.e.: Plaza De Mayo), but that was why I chose Solar. When I first arrived in Buenos Aires two weeks earlier, I stayed in a hotel in the Retiro area. I believe the hotel charged higher rates than Solar and, to be honest, the service wasn't all that great, plus it was noisy. Two weeks later, I enjoyed visiting Florida street and the Plaza De Mayo but was relieved to leave the throngs of tourists at the end of the day and return to Solar in the charming (and quieter) residential area of Palermo. Solar is located near the cute shopping/pub district of Palermo Soho, the expansive BA park/museum area and the posh Ricoletta neighborhood (which includes the weekend Ricoleta street fair and also the must-see cemetery). When I wanted to visit Plaza De Mayo, etc, I walked to the Palermo subway station, located about 10 minutes from Solar, and took the train. It was easy, I swear :).

BREAKFAST: I stayed in quite a few hotels/hostels during my time in Argentina and Solar's breakfast was the best. Sliced fresh fruit, cereal, yogurt, toast, tea/coffee, croissants and I'm sure I'm leaving some items out.

Many thanks to the staff at Solar – I hope to see you again soon!
-E