“Excellent place, great location, warm staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Casa Fitz Roy

La Casa Fitz Roy
Caceres
“Excellent place, great location, warm staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2007

I found this hostel through reviews on tripadvisor, and I agree with all comms.
4pax dorm.(shared with 2 scotish) was clean, wide, with air con
The house isn't overpopulated, atmosphere always peaceful and friendly, and some volunteers are there for long time (UK girls), they were my natural buenos aires night guides.
The breakfast was good, includes cereals, fruits, some days sausages , cereals and bread.
The beds were very comfortable and the rooms quiet. except those near the wc, Wifi everywhere, broadband internet and 2 very fast PCs, a skypein tel with numbers in Europe-USA.
The staff were all extremely friendly and helpful, a family,and the 2 scotish are now my travelmates to peru!
I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again, and again.!
I will be back!

• Liked — atmosphere
  • Stayed January 2007
1 Thank vnunez

Business
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2006

it`s the best place to stay and to meet people in Buenos Aires, the people that stay there is lovely must of them are students and volunteers from everywhere,
Matias (deskclerck) and Gary (owner) do everything to make you feel at home, i spend 2 weeks in La casa Fitz Roy I was very sad when i have to leave it =(
l`ll be back in dec `07 or Jan `08 CHEERS to EVERYONE!!!

MArco Ponce

• Liked — The service, the location and the good vibe from the people
  • Disliked — the "orange juice"
  • Tips/Secrets — there`s a lot of tips, but the must important is: learn a little bit of spanish, you will get hard time when you try to pay for the subway or taxi, or newspaper. Have fun
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled solo
2 Thank MarcoPonce
Berlin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2006

My husband and I(30-26) booked a week at the Casa Fitz Roy based on the reviews on Tripadvisor.
We were delighted with pretty much everything about our stay there.
The staff speak english and they could not have been more welcoming, or more efficient and helpful towards us.
They were happy to recommend good restaurants in the area and on the morning we checked out, they asked what time our flight was - on hearing that it wasn't until that evening, they said we were welcome to leave our luggage at the hotel until later, if we wanted to spend a few more hours sightseeing before we left Buenos Aires.
The room we stayed in was exactly as described on the hostel's website. Clean, decor, nice cool old pine floor, wood beds with a firm mattress, reasonably priced and working heater/air conditioning.
The bathroom wasn't huge but it was modern, well equipped, the plumbing was modern, and spotlessly clean.
We were suprised by how quiet and peaceful the hostel was, considering it's right in the centre of Palermo.
But we didn't hear any street noise or traffic at all from our room and it was very easy to sleep at night.
We were about 10 mins by metro from the city centre.
Breakfast was served in the dining area . It's self service, apart from coffee/tea/milk/mate, they also had fresh pastries and croissants, toasts, butter, dulce de leche.
You can use an iron and ironing board belonging to the hostel. Little touches like free internet /Wifi ,free inc telephones from europa, for guests .
As the hotel's right in the middle of town(not downtown), it's perfectly located for sightseeing.
Our argentinian family said we couldn't have picked a better hostel, and we agreed
Would definitely reccomend

• Tips/Secrets — Ask for the Thai restaurant!!
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Gyaltsen
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2006

I don't see how anybody could have possibly rated this place excellent. I don't know where to begin. Check-in was fine and it's great that there are 2 computers. That's about where it ends. Nearly all the rooms have an adjoining room to a common room and the walls are paper thin. Our room was nearest to the outdoor patio, but furthest away from the front door. The door to the patio was SO loud that it woke us up everytime anybody opened or closed the door. The other guests were not very friendly (I tried to smile and say 'hello', but everyone just kind of lowered their heads when I walked past) and people were talking at all hours. The room was so drabby and the bathrooms were small and disgusting. We tried to go to bed around 12:30 am, but people kept going in and out of the patio and were talking loudly, plus I smelled cigarette smoke around 1:30 am, which creeps into the rooms from the common areas/patio. Also, the front door buzzer is pretty loud and I could hear it from our room. People were awake and talking in the common areas around 7:30 am, so we slept maybe 5 hours. Neither my husband or I took showers there, so when we woke up, we took one look at the disgusting breakfast, then checked out. You couldn't pay me enough to return.

• Liked — Good location (close to subway), free internet
  • Disliked — Small and smelly bathrooms, lots of noise made it difficult to sleep
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled as a couple
uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2006

what a gem
a small hostel, extremely friendly and helpful. they have a london number friends and family can ring to talk to you at london rates. 10us a bed in a dorm. also has double rooms for 30 us - per room. warm in winter. free use of internet. can store luggage whilst you go off exploring the rest of the country. location good too.

• Liked — friendliness
  • Disliked — could do with a lick of paint
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled with family
1 Thank moonpa
Barcelona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2006

My name is Marc , Im from Barcelona, Catalunya.
Palermo Hollywood seems like Barcelona ath the best 90s.
LA MOVIDA is the way to call an in place, and sure Palermo Hollywood is IN.
And the Hostel La Casa Fitz Roy, is More than a Hostel, and Cheaper than a B&B.
Then 5 stars to Palermo Hollywood, 5 Stars to Hostel La Casa Fitz Roy, and Many Thanks for the first Guys that made reviews.

Marc Granollers

• Liked — This is an Historical House, The place is remodeled like it was 100 years ago.
  • Disliked — Buenos Aires is fully covered with dog [--]
  • Tips/Secrets — Buenos IAres people like very much when you tell them how beuty is the city.
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2006

What can I would say about La Casa Fitz Roy?
I stayed there for 3 weeks
After a hard trip in Bolivia,I loose there about 8 pounds, and I loose(??)also part of my lugagge, they help me, it was like a balsam.
The place is uncommon for South American (Included Argentina) Standards.Big, quiet, clean, uncrowded,well decorated and with plenty of hot water!!!!!
Best Regards to Pablo, Dany, and Valeria + Gari