“Definitely a great place to stay!”
Review of ChillHouse

ChillHouse
Ranked #4 of 257 Buenos Aires B&B and Inns
Toronto, Canada
“Definitely a great place to stay!”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I'd be surprised if you were disappointed by staying here! I was a solo female traveler....hadn't traveled outside NA in ages...never been to SA (don't speak Spanish)...and lucky me I got to stay at Chillhouse! I even had some rains of spring, and it still remained a really good experience. Sooo glad I went.

Quick list of good things:
-the staff is amazing! (kind & knowledgeable ...and I felt looked out for with tips of where/when not to go this one time when about to explore with another new female friend :)
-cute character of the building! I stayed in a dorm room (great way to meet people)...but the private room I saw at a glance is super nice! (private modern bath, tv, character...beautiful)
-hot showers, multiple (lockable private bathroom time)...they offer a towel & soap!
-and the place was simple, but clean. I really appreciate this.
-communal room with computers/wifi & great place to visit
-I landed at 2am (let them know ahead of time)...then arrived in the rain...a bit concerned as I don't speak Spanish....and they ready to answer the door
-little breakfast offered, if you want it
-reasonable pricing
-grocery store/ mall (BA style) 5 min up street
-great creative area...many places to check out the local vibe close by
-easy access to many key 'tourist' items....I love, love a walk. So, 20, 30, 40 plus minute walks are enjoyable to me. But really I think still relatively close to those
-close to public transport, once you are comfortable with that (more like any bigger city, you need to be smart about how you carry your stuff)

Summary: I can't wait to go back. I would have loved to stay longer. If not specifically return to Chillhouse...Buenos Aires for sure...SA for sure....and I would go back to say hi to those working there.

Travel, have fun, be safe.

Room Tip: Dorms have up to 8 people. I liked I wasn't on the main floor (less traffic). Couples or people...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Helena, Montana
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Nice hostel with good location and helpful staff. High ceiling rooms and 3rd floor patio. Esteban and partner have done great update. Booked on line and worked fine. Good restaurant recomendation at authorino's near by.

Room Tip: Room 6 was very nice but heavy street noise
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Voorburg, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
Reviewed 28 July 2013

This place is the best!! From the moment I arrived I received this very warm welcome that lasted till The last day!!
The Chillhouse was my BA(se) camp while travelling through Argentina! The owners, staff and travellers in this hostel made my Stay and journey in BA and Argentina unforgettable.
From The first moment you are there you meet up with The Nicest and social people from all over The world.
The staff is great! They Will do everything to make your stay amazing, comfortable and unforgettable. They can give you the best advice on where to go in BA for restaurants, highlights, going out. I have stayed in 4 rooms (chillhouse was basecamp during travelling) and all 4 where great. Great showers, spacious rooms. Everytime you leave and Come back you Will be kissed goodbye or welcomed back as if you are family!
If you are Lucky Roberto Will play guitar and sing The whole night in The livingroom....amazing....priceless moments!!
I love this place!!!!!! Stay here, you Will have à great time! The chillhouse Will put à big Smile on your face!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Asia
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Booked a dorm for three days, but turned out they forgot about my booking. No problem - Esteban upgraded me to a comfy private double room with a private toilet that was weirdly outside the room. I really loved the room (had the most amazing sleep) and when I asked whether I could stay for another night there, they even offered me a discount, which I thought was pretty thoughtful. I then changed to a dorm room for the final night and found it rather messy and perhaps needed a little cleaning up. There was no raised area in the bathroom to contain the water when showering, making the bathroom a little unpleasant to use, especially since the toilet was inside too. One of the staff was also constantly on the phone and I found it a little hard to talk to him when I needed help. But others were very friendly and helpful in general. However, they could perhaps be more informed about the free walking tours in Buenos Aires, which they were rather clueless about but which were of excellent quality. The breakfast was simple - just a few rolls, butter and coffee, but there was a huge supermarket nearby anyway, so I could grab some more food to fill myself up. The hostel was also conveniently located next to a mall and the metro station.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Berg
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Great hostel with spacious dorms (stayed in a 6 bed dorm), clean bathrooms with great showers, awesome roof terrace and average breakfast (at least they serve real butter and pretty good coffee).
The hostel is quite social and it was easy to find people to do stuff with and go out at night without it being a party hostel where it's not accepted if you don't feel like going out all the time.

It's just a few blocks from the metro station, close to a mall and a big supermarket. It's super easy to get to the centre by metro or bus and you can walk to Palermo in less than 30 min.

Everybody I met working there was super friendly and helpful and all of them knew my name.

I would definitely go back!

Timbuktu, Mali
Reviewed 19 June 2013

The best hostel i ve ever been!
The location is amazing as well as the people working there!! They alway have good reccomandations about what to do in BA!
5 minutes walking to the subte and close to everything! i will definitely reccomend ChillHouse to anyone!
Everything is clean, and they have a great roof terrace where you can play ping pong or make an asado with your friends!

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2013

I have stayed in 3 hostels in B.A. and this was definitely the best. As the name suggests, it has a really nice relaxed atmosphere. The staff are all lovely and really helpful. On my first night I stayed in a double en-suite and it was more like a hotel than a hostel, with your own towels and soap. I then changed to a dorm room as I am travelling alone. There is never a problem with bathrooms as there are 4, which is a lot for a fairly small hostel. Everything is always really clean; the bathrooms and the rooms. I have trouble sleeping but it was fine in this hostel. The one downside is the breakfast: 2 really small rolls isn't sufficient, but on the plus side there is freshly squeezed orange juice. I think the location is good too; close to the Subte. When I return to B.A. at the end of my trip I will definitely be returning here. It feels like home!

Room Tip: For light sleepers: if you are sleeping in a dorm try to book the one on the first floor rather than...