“in LOVE with this hotel!”

Home Hotel Buenos Aires
Ranked #4 of 447 Hotels in Buenos Aires
New York City, New York
“in LOVE with this hotel!”
Reviewed 20 October 2011

I recently spent two weeks at the Home Hotel in the Palermo area of Buenos Aires. I was on a business trip but the hotel staff made every effort to make sure I felt at "home" during my stay. I recommend the Loft Rooms or the poolside suites if they are available, the basic rooms are pretty small and don't have as much personality. The daily breakfast was fantastic. I can't say enough good things about Home and can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: stay in a Loft or Poolside Suite
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank linda r

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Korean first
Sydney
Reviewed 18 October 2011

The staff at Home were top notch. We had a bit of noise our first night there (crying baby next door), and the staff left a box of chocolates as an apology for the inconvenience. They were great at recommending restaurants and helping with reservations. Very friendly and knowledgeable. The rooms are a bit tiny, but that seems common throughout Buenos Aires. Furnishings were high quality, modern, and comfortable. We agreed we'd stay here again if given the chance.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Long Beach, California
Reviewed 12 October 2011

This was a great place. We were impressed with the staff. They were very professional and Friendly. Sandra at reception was very helpful when I left my Am Ex card at a bar. It is a very modern place complete with a pool. The rooms are reasonable and very well appointed. We will be back!

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 30 September 2011

My husband and I stayed here at the start and end of our elopement/honeymoon trip to Argentina. Initially, we had only booked to stay for our first trip to Buenos Aires, thinking we'd move to a different area of town on our return at the end of the month - however, we had such a good experience during our first stay we decided to come back for round 2!

We loved everything about it: lovely hotel, great location, gorgeous design, excellent bar, nice breakfasts, wonderful staff... all of this made us feel like we were staying in lush accommodation, but could relax like we were at home.

The people who work there are best part of this hotel - everyone, without fault, was just lovely to deal with. On our second day in town I cut my foot while out walking and had to go the hospital for stitches - the Home people were really great about it, recommended where I should go and helping me with phrases I'd need to explain the situation, they also followed up on how I was going days later. Even when we came back at the end of our trip they remembered! We were chuffed.

During our travels we spent a couple of weeks in Patagonia, as we were hiking etc. we didn't need all our luggage and left half of it in storage at Home - it was a relief to leave our stuff (including wedding outfits!) somewhere we didn't have to worry about them.

All up we spent about a week in total at Home and enjoyed it thoroughly. I would highly recommend anyone to stay here on a trip to Buenos Aires.

Room Tip: Garden view rooms are particularly nice, very light and much larger than the standard (we stayed in...
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 30 September 2011

'Home' is a great name for this place, especially if you like your home to be stylish, comfortable, in a neigbourhood full of lovely places to eat, and populated by people who are incredibly helpful and completely unintrusive.

We stayed in a two story loft. Very spacious, well appointed and, essentially felt more like a home than a hotel. So, physically the accommodation is first rate, but the standout here is the service. The owners produce a guide to the area which is updated quarterly. In it are recommendations regarding restaurants, bars, shopping etc. Not one of the places recommended was a disappointment. The staff also helped us avoid some of the less obvious pitfalls for tourists.

Overall, the service standards we've encountered in Argentina have been high - courteous, efficient and friendly in a matter-of-fact way. This place really exemplified that general experience.

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the four (i think) lofts. I cannot comment on the standard accommodation as i d...
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 21 September 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here over Christmas/ New Year (sorry for the tardy review). We have family in and around BA. The hotel is a home away from home (except we don't have the pool or the beautiful garden). Contemporary design without going too minimal. Great rooms. Lovely relaxing garden and pool. I loved the little details, such as the crocheted room numbers plus the wonderful HOME guide to what's to do, eat and see in BA. Breakfast was lovely, again the detail of presentation was great. A totally relaxing place to base yourself in BA. A wonderful find. We will be back.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
New York
Reviewed 19 September 2011

i was hosting a birthday trip for my husband and we had 8 people in total staying at the home hotel. all my guests were so happy with the services, food, deco and friendliness of the staff.
SERVICES:
two people from our group had flight issues in New Zealand and had caused them missing out the connection flight to Rio. Andreas and Sandra at the home hotel helped them resolve the issue by contacting the airline on their behave. within the 8 nights we stayed there, the staff was so helpful on helping us booking restaurants, suggesting places for us to go. the service is impeccable.
FOOD:
the home breakfast is special. well thought out.
DECO:
we stayed at The Other Loft and our friends stayed at The Loft; other stayed in the double rooms. they are all very happy with the design, especially my husband, who loves to barbecue and have the fireplace going, which, The Other Loft offers.
in a nutshell, we will go back and won't consider another hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends