“Make sure you stay in the garden suite”

Home Hotel Buenos Aires
Ranked #2 of 443 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Hotel Home is a lovely artsy boutique hotel in the heart of Palermo Hollywood. The location is great if you want to explore Palermo and the Home booklet with map and recommendations is extremely helpful if you're new to the city. I'd definitely recommend a night at Ocho Onze, a Puerta Cerrada nearby. The Garden Suite is by far the best room in the hotel, it's private and spacious with its own shallow pool. The breakfast is a variation on the continental theme and is interesting and fresh. Functioning as a bit of a gallery as well, there is plenty of art around the show and if you happen to be in when an exhibition opens you can score some free wine and a few canapés whilst hobnobbing with BA's most pretentious art folk. If you are going to stay in Palermo I'd definitely recommend Home.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Excellent service with a great staff. The hotel itself is so-so and quite expensive for the building and furnishing; however, the staff was outstanding!!! Frankly, the staff made the experience and they are to be commended.

Room Tip: The room overlooking the area in the back of the hotel were nice. Frankly, though, the rooms were no...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CaribbeanDon
Patriciahome, Owner at Home Hotel Buenos Aires, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Dear Caribbean Don

Thank you for taking the time to write your impressions about Home so promptly after your visit. The staff are very happy with your commendation. They are a very dedicated team and we are very glad it shows.
It is such a pity you did not like our architecture and design, but we understand our style is not for everyone´s aesthetic sensibilities. We love it as we designed it ourselves to suit our personality and taste, and it has been awarded several prestigious international awards, including Wallpaper* magazine “Design Hotel of the year.”

Kind regards

Tom & Patricia
Owners

Reviewed 11 February 2014

An amazing small contemporary design hotel in the heart of Palermo Hollywood with a stunning garden and good sized pool. All the rooms are individually furnished and the whole place exudes a stylish, tranquil atmosphere. The breakfast was fantastic consisting of numerous small stylish dishes that changed daily. The bar area looks great at night and is a good start for cocktails before heading out to the nearby bars & restaurants in Palermo. What makes this hotel special is the advice and help from the staff on everything from restaurant reservations to transportation to the best tango shows. Luciano could not do enough for us and gave us some great recommendations that really made our visit to Buenos Aires special.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anthony H
Patriciahome, Manager at Home Hotel Buenos Aires, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Anthony
Can´t thank you enough for such great, descriptive yet succint review. You managed to make us all feel very special as there is nothing more rewarding than getting such wonderful feedback. Luciano is particularly over the moon!
We hope to welcome you back Home in the near future.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

This is a small hotel that punches well above its weight. The contemporary design is very slick and stylish, the rooms and spa are lovely, and it has a gorgeous garden/bar/pool area that provides a tranquil oasis in the middle of Palermo. Definitely the best breakfast I've ever had at a hotel too. We were also provided with a pocket guide book on Palermo written by the hotel owners which proved to be invaluable. I highly recommend this hotel.

1  Thank LaurenDouge
Patriciahome, Owner at Home Hotel Buenos Aires, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Thank you Lauren for such lovely words. Our breakfast was designed by our Head Chef Veronica Yarte and it has become a bit of a BA classic. She is delighted you enjoyed it so.
I personally thank you for your comments on the Home Guide, as it is "my baby" . I really enjoy writing it and discovering new places in this wonderful city that I think our guests will love. I have just finished the new edition with lots of new ideas and a load of new great restaurants and put a few pounds in the process! Thanks again for making time to write this review.
All at Home hope you visit us again soon.
Best wishes

Reviewed 9 February 2014

We loved this small hotel in Palermo. The staff are very helpful and can give excellent recommendations and reservations for restaurants and activities.The garden and pool are lovely. A green oasis in the middle of he city. Our Garden view room was very quiet. The breakfast is unique and delicious. This is a great place to stay in Buenos Aries.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Hi Micjanmontreal
Greetings from Buenos Aires! Big thank you for such a lovely review. Getting such positive feedback always put a big smile on our team.
Hope to welcome you back Home in the near future.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

I visited with my mother for a quick shopping trip to BA a few weeks ago, and i cannot say enough good things about the Home hotel- especially the staff. The hotel itself is charming, immaculately clean, and so welcoming. There is a friendly and laid back vibe that must rub off on the guests because they were lovely too. Great food and drink, and the most fantastic back garden and pool.
The staff of the hotel have thought of every comfort and will go out of their way to give you the absolute best experience. They were patient and gracious to help me with a million questions every day... Giving recommendations, explaining maps, offering advice.... Because it is a small hotel, you feel like you know the staff personally in a very short time. I adore these people and this hotel so much that my husband-to-be and I are thinking of honeymooning there this year.
As a frame of reference for my standards in judging a hotel, I travel often to the far corners of the world and am lucky to have stayed in the very best hotels. Though I do enjoy the Four Seasons, Oberoi's, and Park Hyatts of the world, I am always looking for a gem that isn't the expected luxury hotel. I would choose the Home hotel any day right alongside the world's best. It is a happy place for happy people.. Lovely, comfortable, well appointed, low-key, friendly, and fun.
Thank you, Home hotel!!!!

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Katel0001

Dear KateL0001.
We are so happy to have made you and your mum feel Home during your shopping trip to BA. All our team were delighted to read such kind and thoughful words written about them. And you are right, our guests are trully special people too! I often say guests are the intangible factor that lifts a hotel above the rest.
We are so very excited to have the possibility to welcome you and your husband-to-be on such a special time such as your honeymoon!

Reviewed 1 February 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at Home Hotel for 4 days. When it came time to leave I was almost in tears. Not only is Home a beautiful garden hotel, the service was impeccable. Every member of staff was so friendly and helpful. Especially the front desk. They removed any little stress we might have had by ordering taxis, suggesting restaurants, exchanging money, and making reservations. Without doubt, this is the best hotel we have stayed in, and we have travelled all over the globe. I hope to return soon!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Dear RedHeadSewing,
All at Home have very fond memories of both of you and your time with us and are delighted with your review here. I personally thank you for such kind words about our staff, and I am glad we made you feel you have a Home here in Buenos Aires to come back to very soon.

Until then, all the best!