“Superb”

Home Hotel Buenos Aires
Ranked #2 of 443 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed 13 October 2008

We can't recommend this hotel strongly enough. We stayed for four nights and were thoroughely delighted with the staff, the accommodation and service. This was by far the best hotel on our trip.
The staff were especially superb happily working with us to book excursions, dinner/lunch recommendations, tango trip, numerous taxi's and shopping recommendations. Breakfasts are very nice with a different imaginative menu each day. Our room which was a suite was very spacious with a large balcony. We saw one of the double rooms through an open door and think that the suites are worth the bit extra.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank BGillman-202
There are newer reviews for Home Hotel Buenos Aires

Reviewed 16 September 2008

I honestly cannot say enough about my experience at the HOME hotel in Buenos Aires. The hotel is brilliant in decor and architecture - the restaurant and bar offer amazing drinks, tapas, breakfast and snacks - and the backyard pool / garden is a relaxing haven. But the reason I would (and have) recommend the HOME hotel is because of the amazing staff of employees that make you feel like a part of the family. Everything was made easy for me and my friend during our first ever trip to Buenos Aires. In fact, the amazing service started before we even arrived via the responsive emails received in answer to any question (no matter how silly). Upon arrival the service just improved - Cecilia, Miguel, Alejandro, Mayra - and everyone that helped us made our trip a total success. This hotel, added to an amazing culture filled city, made for a first in a lifetime trip to BsAs... in fact I can't wait to book my return!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 September 2008

Awesome staff, beautiful pool & spa, comfortable rooms, wi-fi, near shopping, restaurants & bars - as close to a perfect vacation experience as possible, we love Home.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2008

Brilliant location for enjoying a few days in BA while lucky enough to be sent here on business. Had work on at the Marriott downtown but decided not to stay with my colleagues and headed to Palermo to try Home. I gloated over them for three days in their grubby little faded palace! Like most of the portenos I met, the staff here could not have been nicer, great recommendations for food, bars, shopping, running routes... Nice little sauna area to relax in, lovely little garden, very pleasant and airy bar. Rooms are pretty cool too. Loved it at this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 September 2008

We just returned from our stay at Home and it was very nice. The hotel had great reviews so I had very high hopes. I have to say I was not disappointed. Often you read about a place and have very high expectations and then everything comes crashing down once you arrive. Home did not do this. We booked the basic room and it was very nice. My only complaint (and not really a complaint because that is why the room is cheaper) is that there was not as much privacy. The window to the room opens onto the open air hallway so when people are walking by to get to their room they pass by your window. None of the other rooms were like this. If I returned I would book the room above. I am always a budget conscious so that was why originally booked it.

The service was very good. They were attentive and answered all your questions--not overly nice but very professional. The bar and pool area were also lovely. The various cocktails offered were very good. Not too impressed with the breakfast. It was a continental breakfast and frankly I don't like to waste a meal on bread and yogurt. You can eat so well in BA that I hate wasting a meal on something I can eat at home. We ate brunch on Sunday at Olsen which was great. Other good restaurants were Oui Oui, Cluny and Christophe. All within walking distance.

Home is in Palermo Hollywood not Soho so it is not in the thick of things. It is much quieter and more subdued but I prefer this to the noise of Soho. There are plenty of places to eat in Hollywood and Soho is about a 10-15 min walk.

• Stayed: August 2008
1  Thank tulsau
Reviewed 31 August 2008

We stayed at Home for our last 3 nights in BA and absolutely loved it. They had been impressive from even before we arrived - sending information about what was happening that month in BA, taking in our luggage so we could travel to Iguazu with smaller bags. Their great service continued for the duration of our stay.

The cocktails were great and so were their meals. Rooms were cleaned twice a day and I had the best facial I have ever had with Cynthia in the Home Spa.

The room, music and ambience were great and we would highly recommend this place and will definitely stay again when we go back to BA.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2008

My husband and I stayed at Home during our honeymoon in October 2007. We could not have been happier with the service, staff, location, and generally friendly vibe at Home. I had high expectations after reading multiple reviews of Home, and my expectations certainly were met. I also had the best massage of my life (hot stone massage) at their spa. The breakfast was always delicious as well, and a great start to the day.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple