“AMAZING!!!”

Ranked #4 of 5,227 Restaurants in Buenos Aires
Cuisines: Argentinian, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Palermo
Description: While it's no secret that Argentine beef is worth flying around the world for, visitors to Buenos Aires don't always get the chance to experience an Argentine asado and it's many rituals and traditions. An asado is so much more than a piece of beef on a plate so skip the parrilla circuit and join us for a night of food, wine and sharing as we bring the best of Argentine traditions into an urban, closed door setting. Our 5 course dinner includes a picada (cheese and cold-cut platter), salad, "achuras" (grilled starters), a great steak and if you're able, some dessert. Additionally, each course is paired with a specifically selected Argentine boutique wine. But most importantly you will have a chance to learn what an asado is and feels like.
Reviewed 22 June 2014

What an amazing and unique experience not to mention some of the best food I have ever had. We so enjoyed our time at Steaks by Luis and have already recommended it to others we've met while on our travels! Beautiful location and amazing food. Cannot wait to come again!!!

2  Thank Kellyrod11

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

The food is great, the wines are superb (and there's plenty of it!) and the hosts are great banter and explain everything really well. It felt more like a dinner party than going to a restaurant. Don't miss this when in Buenos Aires!

1  Thank Alexander M
Reviewed 21 June 2014

If you want to experience a typical Argentinan meal (Asado) go to Luiz. The closed oor restaurant is not common in EUrope therefore its strange to ring the bell at a black door.. But once inside a great and warm place. The passion of cooking on an outdoor open fire (BBQ) by Luiz is great to witness. All the dishes are typical and you have the opportunity to let Luiz cook you Steak at exact the right texture. Want to do something different go to Luiz.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

We were fortunate enough to get a Friday night table for birthday.the chefs greeted us and was very nice. The meal took some time to get going, but once it did the pace was ok. Our favorite dishes were the soup, rabbit and sweetbreads and the steak course. The byob is nice so we indulged in three bottles, sending the half empties back to the kitchen. We have eaten all over the world and find this place to be of great quality and value. We will be back.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

My girlfriend and I went to the wine tasting event at anuva wines and was told about steaks by Luis and decided to come to experience it. It ranks as one of our best meals we have had ever.

The night we went we were the only patrons there so that says a lot to me because in North America they would have cancelled the event. Luckily for us, they didn't!

Luis and Maggie were delightful hosts and genuinely nice people. Even though my Spanish is limited and Luis' English is as well we were able to communicate and had great conversations. I was truly intrigued by the whole proces of the asada and he was only too kind as to share details even though he was busy grilling! He definitely loves what he does and it shows!

I must admit, I am not a white wine drinker but the pairings with the white wine were five star! Every course was meticulously prepared and very tasty!

We started with some cold cuts and cheeses which were excellent aand then a very tasty salad. Next there was some grilled meat appies which we thoroughly enjoyed.

We were already full and then comes the steak! WOW is all I can say! I'm a steak lover and this was definitely one of the best I have ever had. I asked Luis what he used for seasoning as it was so flavorful. He replied just salt 3hours before!

As if that was not enough there was desert- cheesecake that Luis and his 4 yo daughter made! It was to die for as well.
The evening ended with us inviting Luis and Maggie to sit with us for a glass of wine! What a great experience.

Do yourself a favor and don't miss this if you are in Buenos Aires!

2  Thank trinidoc94