“Wonderful and peaceful”

Palacio Duhau - Park Hyatt Buenos Aires
Ranked #11 of 443 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Palacio Duhau - Park Hyatt Buenos Aires was the absolute best hotel experience I have had. The location is perfect in Recoleta, the hotel is charming and elegant, the staff/concierge are wonderful and courteous, and the restaurants are top notch. My wife and I will always remember the serene breakfasts we had on its terrace. Since we have never been to South America and do not speak Spanish, the staff's recommendations and overall help allowed us to relax and truly enjoy everything Buenos Aires has to offer.

Room Tip: Ask to face the courtyard.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mike D
There are newer reviews for Palacio Duhau - Park Hyatt Buenos Aires

Reviewed 31 March 2014

This was my third stay at the Palacio Duhau. Each time they have not only exceeded my expectations, but also managed to wow me with the customer service, attention to detail, and their simply stunning property.

Great location in recoleta
Beautiful public spaces, rooms, and grounds
Amazing customer service

Hands down the best 5 star hotel in Buenos Aires

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank SkiBumChris
PDParkHyattBA, General Manager at Palacio Duhau - Park Hyatt Buenos Aires, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much choosing Palacio Duhau – Park Hyatt Buenos Aires for your recent stay.

We are truly appreciative with your positive feedback about our staff in this wonderful review. It is my pleasure to find out they exceeded your expectations! I am sure they will be more than honored to hear these words as they hardly work to provide a service of authentic hospitality to all of our guests. Thank you for considering us "the best 5 star hotel in Buenos Aires".

We really look forward to receiving you back in a near future!

Best regards,

Reviewed 21 March 2014

It really is almost perfect, all but for that new building across the old main building. It is like going back in time, the decor, the ambiance, all just beautiful. The cocktails on the patio, heavenly! They do make some of the THEE best cocktails I have ever had, and I have had many. I have not stayed as a guest at this hotel, but visiting even if its just for cocktails, or to enjoy afternoon tea, it really is quite something. I found the staff extremely friendly and the manager equally friendly. I chatted to him about that new building across the old historic building. To contrast the old with the new he told me. Big mistake! When sitting outside, if you love and appreciate beautiful buildings, old buildings, then just lose yourself in the garden and forget all about the new building.

It really is one of THEE most beautiful hotels I have seen, and that's also because they are not snooty, which is common treatment in these luxury hotels.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I was surprised with the excellent reviews about this hotel on tripadvisor because I had a different experience. My room (1308) was not external sound proof. At 5:00 a.m. I woke up with the noise of aircrafts taking off. Room service was average. The gym was good, but not its access, obliging guests to walk in front of reception and the main entrance, and walk through a series of stairs and an underpath. I had to repeat the same walking adventure at 11:00 to invite a customer for coffe only available at the other building of the hotel, called the palace. The staff however was very friendly and efficient.

Room Tip: Avoid room 1308 or similar facing the opposite side of the elevators.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ALEX R
Reviewed 17 March 2014

The Hotel is unique with a beautiful European classic building at one end connected by a indoor corridor (with a lot of art pieces to enjoy as you walk) to a beautiful contemporary building at the other. In between there is a terraced landscaped area with outdoor seating on different levels for the three restaurants. Absolutely stunning to look at.

We stayed in a spacious lovely corner room in the newer contemporary building over looking the center area and throughly enjoyed it. The bath was nicely layer out with a separate shower and a large soaking tub.

The service and food at all three restaurants were winners. There is a excellent wine and cheese bar for fun. A very good breakfast buffet was included in our package. Service at all the restaurants was excellent.

The staff wants to please their guests and cannot do enough for you. Always with a smile.

The quiet location is in an upscale neighborhood near shops and restaurants. Taxi service was very easy throughout the city.

I believe you will enjoy a stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the newer building over looking the center interior outdoor area.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
PDParkHyattBA, Manager at Palacio Duhau - Park Hyatt Buenos Aires, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor and for your thoughtful feedback.

It is our pleasure to find out you enjoyed the features of our property and that you speciallly enjoyed the creations of our Chefs.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind regard,

Pilar Pose
Marketing Manager

Reviewed 16 March 2014

If hotel grounds are important to you...this hotel is hard to beat in Buenos Aires. We chose this property because of its magical garden and were not disappointed. All of the restaurants face the garden and have the option of outdoor seating. The Duhau restaurant was excellent....
If you are staying in the Pasadas Tower try and get a room facing the inner courtyard....the rooms in the Palacio Duhau are outstanding.

On the negative side....we found the service very slow.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing Palacio Duhau – Park Hyatt Buenos Aires and for taking the time to share your opinion with us.

We feel honored to know you define our gardens as “magical”. I will share your comments with the staff of the Duhau Restaurant who I am sure will be very glad to know you described it as “excellent”.

I personally take note on the comments about our service, to hardly work on this, so as to provide a faster attention to all of our guests.

We look forward to welcome you in a near future.

Regards,

Pilar Pose
Gerente de Marketing

Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

So many nice things have been said about this property that I can only confirm that they are accurate. Great location, nice rooms and good service from the staff. They even called to find out if there is anything else they can do to make our stay more comfortable which is rare nowadays. Breakfast spread is good and wifi is free with strong signals.

• Stayed: March 2014
PDParkHyattBA, General Manager at Palacio Duhau - Park Hyatt Buenos Aires, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us the feedback of your recent stay at Palacio Duhau – Park Hyatt Buenos Aires.

It is my pleasure to find out you enjoyed the features at our hotel and that the service provided by our Staff, who work for enhancing art of authentic hospitality.

We hope to welcome you back very soon!
Your sincerely,