“Sublime”

Palacio Duhau - Park Hyatt Buenos Aires
Ranked #13 of 444 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I have had the opportunity to stay at a number of extremely fine hotels around the world. Palacio Duhau will be my most memorable among them. From reception to departure the staff were efficient, personable and obviously very invested in "their" hotel, and keen to ensure that my stay was perfect. They succeeded. The Oak Bar is a delightful place for a cocktail, and the bar staff are knowledgeable, friendly and unobtrusive. The food is exceptional, the ambiance very relaxing, and the property an architectural delight.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Stephen C
Write a ReviewReviews (2,000)

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed four days at the Park Hyatt in Buenos Aires at the end of a two week tour around Argentina and liked every moment of it. It is conveniently located on the elegant Avenida Alvear in the heart of the French heritage district of Recoleta. Thanks to my Platinum card, we got upgraded in a beautiful junior suite in the fantastically renovated Palacio Duhau. We have been eating in all three restaurants and each and every time had fantastic food and outstanding service. We liked the garden and the SPA, it features all the latest Technogym equipment you like plus a great 25 m indoor pool. As I used to be a Hyatt Diamond card holder, I have seen many Hyatt Hotels, but this one was just perfect in every sense. I can highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the Palacio Duhau if you like well renovated old style hotels, the suite 204 of...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Swisscheck
Reviewed 26 April 2014

An ideal place to stay when visiting Buenos Aries. Restaurants, rooms, and service were all top notch. The courtyard is a lovely place to escape the hustle and bustle of this big city. I was definitely impressed with this property and location.

Room Tip: If you are able to get a room with a balcony it will add to your enjoyment.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 5camps
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We just came back from Buenos Aires, where we stayed 5 nights at the Park Hyatt, 4 days at the beginning of our Argentinian trip and one last night before flying back home. The property is in Recoleta, an upscale neighborhood in BA, the hotel is in a beautiful building. Personnel was great, from housekeeping, to front desk, bell boys, concierges, everybody provided us with excellent customer service since day one. We got an upgrade at check in both times. We will definitely stay there again while in Buenos Aires!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank VenezolanoFLL
PDParkHyattBA, Public Relations Manager at Palacio Duhau - Park Hyatt Buenos Aires, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for choosing Palacio Duhau – Park Hyatt Buenos Aires and for sharing your feedback.

We are thrilled to hear that you had a memorable stay at our hotel. I will share your comments with our staff, who will more than pleased to know you standed out their service.

Thank you for confidently recommending us and for considering our hotel for a next visit to Buenos Aires.

We look forward to receiving you in a near future!

Best regards,

Pilar Pose
Marketing & Communications Manager

Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

This is a true 5 star hotel. If paying for the room it's a bit expensive, over $450 a night, but at only 20k hyatt points per night for an award it's a great value. We stayed 3 nights, the hotel is centrally located, 3 blocks from the Recoleta cemetery, a short 50 peso cab ride from everything else. The room and whole hotel is very modern, amazing spa pool and hot tubs. The wine bar offered a cheese and wine pairing that we didn't have time to do but it looked great. There isn't much else to say other than I travel a lot and this is one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in. If you can swing the $450 plus a night do it or if you have some hyatt or chase ultimate rewards points to burn I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank andrewrclay
PDParkHyattBA, General Manager at Palacio Duhau - Park Hyatt Buenos Aires, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with the feedback of your recent stay at Palacio Duhau – Park Hyatt Buenos Aires.

We really appreciate your comments on this wonderful review. It is an honor for us to be considered as one of the nicest hotels you've ever stayed in.

We really look forward to receiving and serving you in a near future. I hope next time you can enjoy a wine & cheese tasting at the Vinoteca, as it is a unique experience at the Palace.

Yours sincerely,

Philippe Frey

Reviewed 19 April 2014

I was lucky to stay at this property because of the Chase credit card promotion Hyatt has where you receive two free nights at any of the Hyatt properties. That being said, let me just preface this review with that I would never stay at this hotel on my own dime and think it's outrageously expensive.

That being said, you get what you pay for. All the hotel's facilities are new, modern, and nice. The staff is absolutely perfect. Their English is very good and they helped with directions, and other tourist information. Every staff member I came in contact with from the bellhops and cleaning ladies, up to the front desk staff was nothing short of helpful and courteous to their absolute best ability.

There are three restaurants on property and all seemed very good. Though, I only had a chance to sample the Italian one. The restaurants on property are a bit on the expensive side, but this is to be expected. Overall the food was very good. Through out the entire day the Italian themed restaurant has a buffet that changes and coincides with the meal time. I had a chance to sample the breakfast, lunch, and dinner buffets. I did not like the breakfast there to be honest. One day I ordered off the regular menu, and was given just a meager portion of eggs and potatoes for about $20 and left the restaurant hungry. The also have a dessert buffet with lunch and dinner which was some of the best desserts I have ever had. Again, the wait staff was very professional and pleasant here as well.

The rooms themselves are very nice. Our room was located on the 16th floor with a garden view in the new tower and it was wonderful. It had floor to ceiling windows, comfortable bedding, a spacious bathroom with a great rain shower. The room was cleaned whenever I wished and fresh towels were always given. Newspapers were delivered every morning in English.

I only had two minor complaints about the hotel. One complaint was the location. It is really in a residential area, and while this makes the hotel quiet, it can be kind of boring with virtually no restaurants or bars nearby. Depending on what you are looking for, this can be a good or bad thing. My second complaint was the crowd who was staying at the hotel. Maybe I'm just jealous, but they all seemed a bit snobby, and gave off an aura that they were some kind of royalty. For example they would make some ridiculous requests and demanded to be waited on non-stop at the restaurant. I'm not trying to say the hotel guests were bad people, but just that one should be prepared for this type of crowd if they do end up choosing this hotel.

Overall I enjoyed my stay at the Grand Hyatt, and it was a special treat to be able to stay at a hotel I would normally not be able to afford through this promotion.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank 148abel
Reviewed 18 April 2014

When we arrived at the Palacio side of the hotel and checked in we all agreed, this is the right place. Then they took us to our room which was not what we booked, a garden view room! with no availability of what we had requested we upgraded to a much larger room with no view but lots of trees at an additional cost. After unpacking and settling in for a nap I tried to open the bedroom window and it almost fell on top of me! Now keep in mind this is at least a 4x6 window that hinged 2 different ways and looked as if it had problems before. After getting the housekeeping manager involved engineering relatched and locked the window. I told him I was very upset and wanted a new room, the room I originally wanted!!! To his Credit he was very calm and said he would be back to me shortly with an option. About an half hour later he showed me the room we finally settled in, a beautiful suite on the Palacio side overlooking the garden with windows that opened. They made our move effortless and my wife happy! the rest of our trip went off with no issues and we enjoyed all the Hotel had to offer, the gorgeous spa, wine and cheese bar, fine cigars and scotch in the bar, breakfast and lunch in the courtyard and room service that rivaled any other hotel! The bottom line; there were mistakes at first but they more than made up for them and this is a place that I would not only return to but recommend highly!

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the Palacio and gardens on or above the 8th floor
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple