“Refined Luxury”

Palacio Duhau - Park Hyatt Buenos Aires
Ranked #11 of 443 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I frequently stay at Hyatt hotels on business trips, so we were able to stay at the Palacio Duhau using award points. It was a little more luxurious than our normal family trip hotels, but it was very comfortable with great service and comfortable rooms. The location was central in Buenos Aires, and several attractions were within walking distance. The large garden was great for a glass of wine before dinner. One tip we would say is to not use their recommended car service to the airport, which was fine, but more than double the normal rate.

Room Tip: Make sure you choose one room in the back.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Patrick M
PDParkHyattBA, General Manager at Palacio Duhau - Park Hyatt Buenos Aires, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear guest,

Warm greetings from Palacio Duhau - Park Hyatt Buenos Aires!

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We were delighted to read you have enjoyed your stay and you were pleased with our hotel’s facilities . Thank you for considering Palacio Duhau – Park Hyatt Buenos Aires as "Refined Luxury”, this is truly rewarding and gratifying. We will share your comments with the entire team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our house in the hopefully not too distant future. In the meantime, if I may be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

With kind regards,

Philippe Frey

There are newer reviews for Palacio Duhau - Park Hyatt Buenos Aires

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We visited the Palacio Duhau Park Hyatt at the end of March with our family of five. The hotel is very well located on a quiet street just a short stroll from the Recoleta Cemetery. Our two bedroom suite was pretty fantastic, overlooking the city. The breakfast was excellent as was the afternoon tea. We used the spa many times and the service and therapists were excellent. Our only disappointment was that the hotel did not inform us that they were hosting a large corporate convention during our stay which detracted from the overall experience.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I had a wonderful time staying at this hotel.

The staff went above and beyond to make sure that I had everyting that I needed.

Special mention must go to Ana in the resturant downstairs who was such a great waitress. I can't remember the last time that I had service as good as she gave. She even went to get me more bread after the birds started to land on my table when I went to stretch my legs.

Also Pilar was wonderful at helping to make sure that I had everything that I needed. Thank you both very much.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank David d
PDParkHyattBA, General Manager at Palacio Duhau - Park Hyatt Buenos Aires, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear guest,

Greetings from Buenos Aires!

I am glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay in Palacio Duhau - Park Hyatt Buenos Aires.

We were delighted to receive your positive comments regarding your recent visit, particularly those which commended the professionalism and dedication displayed by Ana, Pilar and the hotel’s staff, this is truly rewarding and gratifying. Your feedback is most valuable for the entire team, as it truly motivates us to continue to work towards providing authentic hospitality to all of our guests, please rest assured I shall pass on your comments to the entire team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Palacio Duhau – Park Hyatt Buenos Aires in the hopefully not too distant future. In the meantime, if I may be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

With best regards,

Philippe Frey

Reviewed 19 July 2014

This hotel is stunning, the interior has been updated but still captures the classic upscale experience. The staff is exceptional to the point of being psychic, knowing what you need before you think to ask.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank awinlb
PDParkHyattBA, Director of Sales at Palacio Duhau - Park Hyatt Buenos Aires, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us.

It is my pleasure to read you had a memorable stay with us. We were delighted to receive your positive comments regarding your recent visit, particularly those which commended the professionalism and dedication displayed by the hotel’s team, this is truly rewarding and gratifying. Please rest assured I shall pass on your comments to the entire team.

I stay at your disposal for any request you may have and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in a not too distant future.

Best regards,

Lucía Bo
Sales & Marketing Director

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I rarely give out an excellent review on tripadvisor, but Park Hyatt Palacio Duhau definitely deserves it. Not only is the property itself as grand as it comes but the services rises to the same level.

Palacio Duhau is actually a real palace that was transformed into a hotel. The main palace holds a small amount of rooms and a newer building across the courtyard holds the rest. TIP: make sure to request a room in the actual palace. Not sure if they honor requests but definitely worth a shot.

The neighborhood is very nice and feels very safe. It's walking distance from a bunch of cool restaurants and shops. Do note that the hotel has two entrances, one on the palace side and one on the newer side. Both sides are connected through a tunnel but you can avoid the hike if you make sure you get dropped off on the right side ;)

Room Tip: TIP: make sure to request a room in the actual palace. Not sure if they honor requests but definitel...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Jonathan F
PDParkHyattBA, Manager at Palacio Duhau - Park Hyatt Buenos Aires, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear guest,

Warm greetings from Palacio Duhau - Park Hyatt Buenos Aires!

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We were most pleased to know that you were pleased with our hotel’s facilities.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our house in the hopefully not too distant future, in the meantime, if I may be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

With kind regards,

Pilar Pose
Marketing & Communications Manager

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Best hotel I've stayed in Buenos Aires (including Four Seasons)! The hotel compound is located in a palatial mini-estate in the best part of town. So:
Pros:
- superb service (even turnover service done with great detail)
- excellent food (3 restaurants on premise)
- elegant yet chic setting
Cons
- expensive

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank JC19782014
PDParkHyattBA, Director of Sales at Palacio Duhau - Park Hyatt Buenos Aires, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing Palacio Duhau – Park Hyatt Buenos Aires and for your attentive feedback.

Your lovely comments are very much appreciated and we are glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our house in a not distance future and I stay at your disposal for any request you may have.

Yours sincerely,

Lucía Bo
Sales & Marketing Director

Reviewed 27 June 2014

This hotel is located in Recoleta, a more upscale and safer part of BA. Didn’t feel unsafe during my stay in BA (although the locals here seemed a bit more concerned and did advise me to exercise a bit of caution and be more wary of your surroundings). Notwithstanding that, BA is a beautiful, exciting and fabulous city to visit.

The Florida pedestrian street (shopping area) and other iconic touristy areas are within walking distance away. Taking taxis in BA is not difficult at all and is inexpensive. There is a good selection of restaurants in this area and the food in BA is absolutely marvellous and inexpensive. Try out El Sanjuanino for authentic Argentinian cuisine, which is very near to the hotel.

This hotel oozes with luxury and elegance and comes with classic early 20th Century influenced interiors with contemporary design and décor. Reception and lobby wasn’t big or grand. But when you walk into the courtyard located at the back of the hotel, you will be greeted with Classic style and beautifully landscaped gardens with cascading water features. Would recommend having your breakfast or drinks at the terrace by the gardens here. It was so serene and tranquil.

The service from the staffs was excellent - polite, very professional and they spoke very well in English (which is not too common in BA). Housekeeping service was amazing and very meticulous – my phone charging / laptop cables were rolled neatly and my shoes were rearranged perfectly in the closet.

The room was modern, clean, spacious and functional with a superb layout. It came with a separate wardrobe area, separate rain shower and bath area. Complimentary wifi is available in the room and lobby area. Bed was comfortable and sleep quality very good.

Breakfast is continental type with high quality selection of cold meat, fruits, pastry, cheese and cereals with eggs are made to order.

This beautiful hotel is certainly highly recommended especially for its superb location, excellent quality of stay and service. Possibly one of the best Park Hyatt hotels I’ve stayed in!

Room Tip: Choose the room facing the gardens. Or get higher floors to have great views of downtown BA.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank rafalution_2009
PDParkHyattBA, Manager at Palacio Duhau - Park Hyatt Buenos Aires, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Palacio Duhau – Park Hyatt Buenos Aires.

Dear guest,

Greetings from Palacio Duhau – Park Hyatt Buenos Aires!

We were delighted to read your positive comments regarding your recent stay with us. Your feedback is most valuable for the entire team, as it truly motivates us to continue to work towards providing authentic hospitality to all of our guests.

Thank you very much once again for taking time out of your busy schedule to provide us with your input and we look forward to welcoming you back to Palacio Duhau – Park Hyatt Buenos Aires in the hopefully not too distant future. In the meantime, if I may be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

With best regards,