“Lovely luxury”

Palacio Duhau - Park Hyatt Buenos Aires
Ranked #15 of 440 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Catching up on our reviews:
Our family stayed here in 2/2013. This is a lovely luxurious hotel in a wonderful area of Recoleta. The staff was attentive and friendly without being obsequious. The rooms were large and well-appointed with a lovely bathroom and nice view. The spa was very nice (the indoor pool area a bit small for my personal taste). And the included breakfast was fabulous.

There was nothing not to like...there's a reason it always seems to pop up in Travel and Leisure's best hotels.

Highest recommendations.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank 5StarDivaFamily
PDParkHyattBA, Manager at Palacio Duhau - Park Hyatt Buenos Aires, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments about your stay at our Hotel. We are pleased to share your comments with our staff!

Please, do not hesitate to contact me if there is anything we may assist you with and we are looking forward to welcoming you soon.

Pilar Pose
Marketing & Communications Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,059)

Reviewed 9 August 2014

This hotel is incredible, my husband and I have been lucky enough to travel all over the world. We usually travel in July to celebrate our anniversary. We have been to many Hyatt’s throughout the world for our anniversary and I must say this one is top notch. The service is incredible, the used our names from the start. They were very helpful. On the night of our anniversary, they send up some champagne and chocolates. We were so full from dinner that we saved it for the next night but the note and the presentation were wonderful. A couple of days later, they sent up a bottle of Malbec that we just could not finish. We stayed there for 3 nights and upgraded to a suite. I will definitely return. The service was everything everyone said it was. We stayed in the new part of the Hotel, next time I think I would like to stay in the old section just to compare.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good ask for one facing the gardens, they are more quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MsLondon2
PDParkHyattBA, General Manager at Palacio Duhau - Park Hyatt Buenos Aires, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Warm greetings from Palacio Duhau - Park Hyatt Buenos Aires!

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We were most pleased to know that you were pleased with the service provided by our team as well as our hotel’s facilities. Thank you for cohoosing Palacio Duhau – Park Hyatt Buenos Aires on this special occasion. Please rest assured we shall share your comments with our team, that each day honors the art of detail.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our house inand if I may be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

I have stayed at the finest hotels throughout the world. I can truly say, my stay at this property surpassed any previous experience. Our 5 night stay was in the Palace portion of the hotel. The staff, service, room and food were exceptional. I am a Hyatt Diamond member and was treated as if the hotel was mine. Everyone from Phillipe (GM), Matias (Butler) to food servers (Carolina) and the entire staff greeted us personally, by name, from the moment we arrived. This is a 5 star property in every way (as mentioned, I stayed in the smaller, main builder, The Palace itself). Our suite was understated elegance. It was very large and very comfortable. Everything I experienced, exceeded my expectations for a Park Hyatt, Four Seasons, Ritz Carlton, Peninsula type property.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jdparker

Warm greetings from Palacio Duhau - Park Hyatt Buenos Aires!

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We were delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for considering Palacio Duhau – Park Hyatt Buenos Aires as "The Best Hotel Experience Ever”. Please rest assured we will share your comments with our team, as it truly motivates us to continue to work towards providing authentic hospitality to all of our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our house in a not too distant future and I stay at your disposal for any request you may have.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

What a property, luxurious, grand and elegant; not surprising given it used to be a palace! It has retained the charm of a palace, but has been tastefully modernised.

The hotel is well located and close to the Recoleta Cemetery and other attractions. I loved my room. It was spacious, had an amazing bathroom and great sleep quality.

I only ate breakfast during my stay, but loved the elegant breakfast room. The staff were so attentive and helpful. I really appreciated that they could speak good English! The gardens outside the breakfast area are an absolute delight and are perfectly kept.

This is definitely THE place to stay in Buenos Aires!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank RosB__11

Dear Guest,

Thank you for take the time to share your experience in our "Palatial Hotel". We are very pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay at Palacio Duhau - Park Hyatt Buenos Aires.

PLease, do not hesitate to contact me should you require any assistance.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Best regards,

Pilar Pose
Marketing & Communications Manager

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I frequently stay at Hyatt hotels on business trips, so we were able to stay at the Palacio Duhau using award points. It was a little more luxurious than our normal family trip hotels, but it was very comfortable with great service and comfortable rooms. The location was central in Buenos Aires, and several attractions were within walking distance. The large garden was great for a glass of wine before dinner. One tip we would say is to not use their recommended car service to the airport, which was fine, but more than double the normal rate.

Room Tip: Make sure you choose one room in the back.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Patrick M
PDParkHyattBA, General Manager at Palacio Duhau - Park Hyatt Buenos Aires, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Warm greetings from Palacio Duhau - Park Hyatt Buenos Aires!

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We were delighted to read you have enjoyed your stay and you were pleased with our hotel’s facilities . Thank you for considering Palacio Duhau – Park Hyatt Buenos Aires as "Refined Luxury”, this is truly rewarding and gratifying. We will share your comments with the entire team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our house in the hopefully not too distant future. In the meantime, if I may be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We visited the Palacio Duhau Park Hyatt at the end of March with our family of five. The hotel is very well located on a quiet street just a short stroll from the Recoleta Cemetery. Our two bedroom suite was pretty fantastic, overlooking the city. The breakfast was excellent as was the afternoon tea. We used the spa many times and the service and therapists were excellent. Our only disappointment was that the hotel did not inform us that they were hosting a large corporate convention during our stay which detracted from the overall experience.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I had a wonderful time staying at this hotel.

The staff went above and beyond to make sure that I had everyting that I needed.

Special mention must go to Ana in the resturant downstairs who was such a great waitress. I can't remember the last time that I had service as good as she gave. She even went to get me more bread after the birds started to land on my table when I went to stretch my legs.

Also Pilar was wonderful at helping to make sure that I had everything that I needed. Thank you both very much.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank David d
PDParkHyattBA, General Manager at Palacio Duhau - Park Hyatt Buenos Aires, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear guest,

Greetings from Buenos Aires!

I am glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay in Palacio Duhau - Park Hyatt Buenos Aires.

We were delighted to receive your positive comments regarding your recent visit, particularly those which commended the professionalism and dedication displayed by Ana, Pilar and the hotel’s staff, this is truly rewarding and gratifying. Your feedback is most valuable for the entire team, as it truly motivates us to continue to work towards providing authentic hospitality to all of our guests, please rest assured I shall pass on your comments to the entire team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Palacio Duhau – Park Hyatt Buenos Aires in the hopefully not too distant future. In the meantime, if I may be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

With best regards,