“Nice Hotel in the Heart of Buenos Aires”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of 248 Finisterra

248 Finisterra
Ranked #188 of 451 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Wiener Neustadt, Austria
“Nice Hotel in the Heart of Buenos Aires”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

The Finisterra is one of my favorite Hotels in Buenos Aires. Compared to the other ones I have stayed at, it is the best so far. The rooms may be old fashioned but they are always clean. It is a great Idea, that they add a bottle of water to your room daily. The breakfast buffet is the same as in most hotels, but the quality is better, and you can order scrambled or fried eggs extra. You just have to know about it. The staff is very friendly and they are available around the clock. We have never had any problems getting into the hotel at any time of the day (or night). Some of the rooms may be very loud, because they face the street which is very very busy, as it has a lot of restaurants and bars.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the backside of the hotel, they are quieter.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Garet J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

I'm sitting in my room at the 248 Finisterra hotel as I write this review. I just couldn't wait until I got home. I started this trip with three "strikes" against me; I've never been to Buenos Aires before, I'm traveling alone and my Spanish is simply awful. I walked into the door of the hotel...tired...already sick of traveling (had been 4 days in Sao Paulo) and just wanting to shower and rest. Wouldn't you know it...thanks to a lack of communication from my travel agency, my reservation had been cancelled. I shouldn't have worried. The absolutely lovely woman at the front desk (along with the very kind manager on the phone) quickly and sympathetically got everything taken care of. And that has been the kind of service that I've experienced the few days that I've been here. A friendly, familiar greeting when I walk in the door, and what I believe is genuine interest in my well-being and satisfaction. I feel more like a guest in someone's home than a customer. And everyone's English is WAY better than my Spanish :). On top of that, it's a great, safe-feeling neighborhood, with plenty of restaurant options within easy walking distance - good for a girl on her own - and also within decent distance of other "to see" barrios. I don't know if I'll ever be fortunate enough to come back to Buenos Aires (I hope so!) but if I do, I'd definitely consider staying here again.

Room Tip: I have a room in the front, facing a very active street. With a good set of earplugs, I'm sleep...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Montreal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

I could not imagine a better experience in a hotel.
The staff was helpful to all my needs. I did not speak Spanish and they made all arrangements for me.
The rooms can only be described as "less in more." The renovation was so tasteful and sophisticated--simple and at the same time elegant. Everything felt clean--and the room was cleaned daily by friendly and trustworthy staff.
The common area, where breakfast was served daily, was again simple and elegant. The table was set properly with table cloth and napkin and the finest pastries, fruit, yogurt, cereal and milk were offered. I was even offered eggs, if my American heart desired, for breakfast. But after all the croissants and dulce de leche, there was little room. Over the top!
I had no problem with the free wireless--it worked all the time.
There were tons of restaurants and cafes just on the street.
I'm coming back soon. And my 17 year old son, who joined me for the weekend, said he will too (but without me!).
Regards to all at the Finisterra, Alyssa

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Dallas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013 via mobile

I thoroughly enjoyed my four nights at Finesterra. The hotel has a very welcoming décor.

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Every morning, they assisted in planning my day to visit various parts of town (e.g. Puerto Madero, Metropolitan Cathedral, Caminito, etc). They were specific about which public transportation to take, so I never went on any organized tour during my stay.

The location is convenient. It's near many restaurants and bars in Palermo. The hotel is about a 10-minute walk to the Ministro Carranza subway, or 'Subte', station. From this station, it's a straight shot to the Cathedral downtown. It's also close to a major intersection (Dorrego & Luis María Campos) where many bus routes go.

Summary, if you're looking for a continental-like boutique hotel in a safe part of town, definitely check out 248 Finesterra.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank David Y
Hengelo, Overijssel, Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2013 via mobile

Very nice clean cozy place with very friendly staff.
The internet connection is good (needed for work).
The location is nice with bars and restaurants and a big supermarket close by.
The rooms are not big, but sufficient.
In the weekends it can be a little noise because of the popular area, but for me not very disturbing.
The only thing what is missing is a minibar, or something to cool your stuff in.

Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013 via mobile

Great location. Fantastic staff
Nice breakfast. Clean rooms. Allowed us really late check out
Had the 2 room suite and the 3 of us were quite comfortable
Only downside is the wifi that requires to log in every hour and had some intermittent issues
Otherwise perfect stay and will definitely consider it again

• Stayed March 2013
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2013

We stayed at Hotel Finisterra for 3 nights on our trip to Buenos Aires! Nice clean rooms, friendly staff and a great value! Located in the cozy neighbourhood Las Cañitas close to Palermo.
I'll stay there again next time:-)

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple