“Best hotel in Buenos Aires”
Review of 248 Finisterra

248 Finisterra
Ranked #188 of 443 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed 26 May 2009

They say that this greatboutique hotel located in the Heart of Las Cañitas, the neighborhood chosen by those who love excellent cooking!

I dont really know what they meant, as I never deemed cooking to be excellent! - I always enjoyed other people doing it for me! there are some great resturants close to the hotel - and for that reason i loved it!

The fact the hotel only has 9 rooms is another plus, you feel like your more in a house than a hotel, my travel advisor Greg at Chimu adventures told me this was the best place to stay in Buenos Aires, and he is right! - good attention to detail and they will cook your breakfast for you on request - no menu, whatever you like!. Rooms are a little on the small side, but the rest of the hotel (especially the rooftop jacuzzi) more than makes up for that!
One of the better hotels I have stayed in!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for 248 Finisterra

Reviewed 24 March 2009

Loved the neighborhood, super convenient, nice boutique hotel. Very clean, helpful staff, and great price. Free internet, decent breakfast, but location for bars and restaurants is hard to top.

Stayed: December 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 January 2009

Dear travellers,

Pleave avoid this hotel at any cost. In my experience, the owner Pablo, is dishonest and deceitful.

Here is what happened: many months before booking my travel plans in Argentina, I called to reserve rooms here. A week later, I changed my plans and called to cancel. I was told by a representative of Finisterra that my reservation was cancelled. No problem. Or was it...? When January 09' rolled around and I was in Argentina, I realized that 3 nights at Finisterra had been charged to my credit card - AND I NEVER STAYED THERE. When I called to address the situation, the staff was unreceptive. When I finally did reach the owner, Pablo, the owner, refused to return my money. Suffice to say: he is a crook. He bilked me out of several hundred dollars because he could, because he knew I had little recourse to the Argentinian legal system as a tourist.

Argentina is a lovely, lovely country and I hope to return. But avoid this hotel. The owner is a "ladron," as they say in Spanish, a crook.

Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
248Finisterra, Owner at 248 Finisterra, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2009

All our reservation and cancellation are written, as told in our web site, confirmation pages and emails. This is to avoid problems with the misunderstanding and miscommunication. We did receive the writtem info for booking but we did not receive the written info for cancellation. We have sent all this proofs to the Guest and we have billed according to our policy stated in our website and confirmation pages.

Pablo

Reviewed 31 October 2008

My boyfriend and I stayed at the 248 Finisterra for 3 nights at the start of our holiday to Argentina and it was a great way to start. The hotel is in a great location on a quiet, pretty street with lots of bars and restaurants. The staff were excellent and spoke good English and even provided umbrellas when it started to rain while we were using the hot tub!! The breakfast was beautifully presented and very plentiful and the complimentary drink was a nice touch. Rooms were very clean and the hotel on the whole looked good with free internet access.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2008

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for a week on our first trip to Buenos Aires. For weeks, I had combed reviews on TA and elsewhere trying to decide on the best hotel choice. This proved to be the perfect hotel and location for us.

The hotel is charming: a modern renovation of an old house in Las Canitas. The new portions of the building are open, light and airy with a lot of greenery and two outdoor decks. We had one of the larger rooms in the back of the hotel. The room was good sized and nicely furnished in a simple, muted-color boutique hotel style. An outdoor patio was just down a flight of stairs from the room. The bathroom was modern and functional.

I particularly appreciated the public area of this hotel. The breakfast/sitting room was large with a fireplace and T.V. This is the true center of the hotel and we often sat on the couches or at the tables drinking coffee and planning our day. Just off the lobby there was a computer with a fast internet connection.

Breakfasts were excellent: a full array of pastries, cold meats and breads with cooked entrees available on request. Coffee and drinks were provided by the staff throughout the day.

After all my worries--which neighborhood to choose--Las Canitas proved to be ideal. It was full of shops and restaurants and a wonderful place to walk and experience the city. Transportation was relatively easy: taxis (inexpensive) were always available in front of the hotel; the subway was a ten minute walk. Most evenings we just returned to the hotel and picked a local restaurant for dinner. Others have noted that there are a lot of people out on the street near the hotel at night. It's just part of the lively street scene in this part of Buenos Aires and our room (at the back of the hotel) was actually quite quiet.

The hotel staff was wonderful. Everyone went out of their way to be helpful. I couldn't have asked for anything more.

1  Thank jeffdoc
248Finisterra, owner at 248 Finisterra, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2009

Aside of the abusive insult (ladron,crook), this information is completely false.

Pablo

Reviewed 8 May 2008

This is a lovely little boutique hotel in an area of BA called Las Canitas. It is off the tourist's path and right in the middle of a street bustling with restaurants and nightlife. The hotel feels like a little oasis in the midst of this lively street. It was fun staying here because it really felf like we were staying in a neighborhood.
Our room was very pleasant, but very small. It had room for a queen sized bed and an armoir and nothing more. The bathroom was also petite. This was not an issue as we spent very little time in our room.
The hotel has a great breakfast in the mornings with eggs, bacon, pastries galore, fresh fruit, etc.
The staff was really sweet and helpful and everyone spoke very good English.

Reviewed 19 April 2008

firstly i dont think this a good hotel for your first trip to BA as it is a fair distance (1/2 hour taxi ride) from downtown situated on the edge of Palermo (but hotel don telmo is a great choice if you want to stay downtown).

we stayed here for three nights, and arrived at 11pm, first of all we were a bit put off by the fact that the street right outside the front door was full of people dining and drinking, the first room we got offered was right above this noise, so we asked for and got changed to a quieter room.

apart from this initial complaint, everything else about the hotel was perfect.

Room - good shower, nice bathroom, good tv, big comfy bed.
Breakfast - excellent, eggs cooked to order, nice selection of fruit, and cold meats and cheese, plus loads of nice pastries.
Staff - really friendly and helpful, all spoke english which was great for us, and they put up with our terrible spanish!
Location - just great for eating out, drinking and partying, great restaurants literlly 20 metres from the front door, plus loads of other options near by. there is free internet access in the lobby, but no wifi in the rooms

1  Thank gregandcath