Five Cool Rooms
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
NH Buenos Aires City(Buenos Aires)(Great Value!)
US$192
US$118
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Hilton Buenos Aires(Buenos Aires)
US$401
US$244
  • Restaurant
US$135
US$100
US$853
US$705
  • Pool
Hotel NH Buenos Aires Latino(Buenos Aires)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$86
  • Breakfast included
Alvear Palace Hotel(Buenos Aires)
US$479
US$380
  • Pool
Icaro Suites(Buenos Aires)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$77
  • Breakfast included
Bulnes Eco Suites(Buenos Aires)
US$139
US$125
US$275
US$180
  • Restaurant
Circus Hostel & Hotel(Buenos Aires)(Great Value!)
US$42
US$33
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 January 2011

I stayed 4 nights at this hotel. Despite the checkin time was 2 pm, my girlfriend and I arrived at 6 am at Ezeiza airport. At 7 am I was at the hotel door guessing what would I do until 2 pm to get in the room. To my surprise, the front desk guy said "you room is ready". It was fantastic get rest until noom (early checkin), with no extra charge. I've booked the "Small" room, and so it was. But it was quite confortable, with a nice bed. Many people complain about that, but Buenos Aires is a city to enjoy the nightlife, the boliches, the tango. We spent 4 wondeful nights at Five Cool Rooms and I would get back, for sure.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2011

We tend to use CNTraveller as our hotel guide of choice and were quite excited when our taxi pulled up in what was clearly one of BA's funkier areas. However, on being buzzed through the non-descript front door I was at a loss to understand how it ever made it on to their list, as the hotel has nothing to offer aside from a good location and friendly staff. The rooms are small, and for most the only natural light is the floor to ceiling glass doors that face onto the communal balcony/ open air cement corridor. The effect of this is to make the hotel unbearably noisy. Whilst I am tolerant of some noise, I draw the line at hearing my neighbours discuss their dinner plans, or hearing another guest's choice of pop music at 2am in the morning.
However, even this may have been bearable had the rooms been nice and spacious- but unless you get one of the larger ones- they aren't- and (though I accept responsibility for not reading the fine print close enough) are not, shall we say, amenity heavy- not even a mini bar or even a fridge... and although they were kind enough to provide us with a safe, it was not bolted down to anything, so whilst technically being a safe, it wouldn't be what I would classify as 'safe'. I do, however, recall.reading that they had wi-fi, and whilst this may technically be true, it didn't work- not once.
But it wouldn't be fair of me to be 100% negative as the beds were comfortable, the staff friendly and helpful, and the location great... but for the money they charge, you could get a lot better elsewhere.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank UkJane
Reviewed 12 November 2010

We chose a medium sized room after finding their website, had high expectations but these were quickly quashed. The bathwater came back up the drainage in the bathroom so we were offered a small room for the small room price. Unacceptable customer service in my eyes so I pointed out that also the wi-fi didin't work in our room (another selling point, which to be honest should be a standard offering). We were moved to a medium room which was much better but still no wi-fi. And also after we had been moved the staff told us that the tv didn't work but it was being fixed that afternoon. This took 2 days.
Tried the jacuzzi and was utterly disgusted at the dirt that had been collecting around the water line. We felt sorry for the house keeper who had been sent up after us to clean it. I doubt it had been cleaned since last summer! Don't waste your money here!!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JamieYoung
Reviewed 9 November 2010

I booked two nights and arrived a day earlier.
The day I arrived was a weekday and I expected to pay the same or at least a little more because I had no reservation.
They made no mention of my rate until I checked out and it was 50% more than the other nights.
I didn't like this at all!!!!
They need to be more honest.
I will not come back.
Upset in St. Louis

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Averyfoster
Reviewed 7 February 2010

It's true, the location can't be beat, but I'd have to agree with the reviews that characterize Five Cool Rooms as a glorified hostel. The basic rooms are microscopic, with barely any space to open a suitcase. The cleanliness was not in line with what I had read about: dirty toilet (perhaps someone partied too hard the night before for New Year's Eve - but I don't want to see it), hair on the towels, no shampoo/soap refills unless requested. Having said that, the front desk staff absolutely MADE our stay. Hugo and Andres were so kind and helpful, repeatedly going out of their way to make sure we were enjoying the city to the fullest. They were a wealth of knowledge and recommended the great usual tourist attractions and also their personal favorites off the beaten path to give us a full perspective of the city. We can't sing their praises enough!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple