“Excellent Location”

Ranked #110 of 451 Hotels in Buenos Aires
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2008

I stayed here for 5 nights in late March and enjoyed my stay immensely. The hotel is in a fantastic location for the bars and restaurants in Palermo Soho (as well as obvioulsy being in a great location for the bars and restaurants in Palermo Hollywood - Olsen, for example, is just around the corner). Palermo Soho is about a 5-10 minute walk across the railway that runs to nearby Palermo station (overground line not the subte). This is an automated level-crossing and is perfectly safe. The inside of the hotel, particularly the reception area, the inner courtyards and the breakfast room are beautifully decorated and the staff are very friendly. Although there were a couple of minor quibbles I had with the hotel, these are very minor in detail and didn´t detract from a very pleasurable stay (despite receiving a email confirming my 5 night stay, the hotel thought I was staying for only four nights and that I had turned up a day early! This was resolved very quickly though and the hotel was quite apologetic: it was simply a data inputting error; I also thought that the standard room was a bit on the small side, although this may be attributable to the enourmous and extraordinarily comfortable bed in the room). I notice that some other reviewers have given extremely critical reviews of the hotel. I, however, would happily stay there again and would recommend it to anyone else.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — The hotel´
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Greek first
New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2008

I stayed at the Krista on a recommendation from the Home Hotel which was fully booked at the time. It was a decent location in an area with some restaurants and bars nearby, around the corner from Home. The hotel itself was fine, I probably would not stay there again though. The common areas and the room were nice, although I didn't feel the bathroom was clean (and lacked tissues, which I thought was strange). I was suprised after reading other reviews about the helpfulness of the staff to find them rather unhelpful and abbrasive. I felt like I was putting them out when I asked questions, maybe it was because I didn't speak spanish. If I were to return, I would stay at the new Park Hyatt or in Palermo Soho. Palermo Hollywood (where the Krista is) is farther away from the nice shops and you have to cross the train tracks to get to Palermo Soho.

• Stayed March 2008, travelled solo
1 Thank 532rome
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2008

This is a guest house rather than a hotel. It's very small but cute and has an intimate feel. Staff are very helpful and speak good english. Location is excellent for bars and restaurants and although it's a taxi ride into the centre I'd definitely recommend staying in this area.

• Liked — It's querky
  • Disliked — It's a bit quiet & reserved and doesn't have a buzz
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rosecottageLondon
California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2008

I had booked a room for a 5 night stay through Krista's own website. From the website the hotel appeared charming, and I was really looking forward to our stay there. I received an e-mail that the room class we requested was unavailable, but that they did have a room available that was only a bit more expensive. I responded that we would like to reserve the upgraded room. After a couple of e-mail exchanges where I had some questions about whether we could have an early check in and what there policy was--none of which mentioned that I wouldn't be receiving the room--I received an e-mail stating that they were sorry but the room was already booked "1 hour" ago. Which is funny since I had booked it way over "1 hour" ago. I do understand that sometimes mistakes happen, but I don't think the Krista handled their mistake well.

I read another review on tripadvisor (after the fact) where someone stated they had booked 6 days and were told upon arrival that they had only booked 4 days...and I am not surprised; perhaps, Krista did me a favor by treating me badly. However, I think this type of service is unacceptable, and I would hesitate to make a reservation at a place that is so disorganized. Thus, I am posting this warning--don't get your heart set on Krista--they are very unprofessional.

Save yourself a headache...and book somewhere else.

Stayed February 2008, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Stilettolawyer
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2008

Stayed for three nights in December. Location is excellent in the Palermo neighborhood -- there were plenty of bars and restaurants in the vicinity and was merely a 5-10 minute walk from shopping and restaurants I had received recommendations from BA friends: Bar 6 and Freud& Fhaler.

I booked at Krista on the recommendation of another boutique b&b that was full for the time of my stay. Rate was about $100 a night which I thought a touch expensive based on guide books, but I came to see was probably the going rate. Room booking through the website/email with the hotel. They also arranged for airport transfer in a hired car for me which was much appreciated after a long flight into B.A.

Effectively this "hotel" is a house that has been converted into a bed and breakfast. Other than the breakfast room and main sitting room where there was free internet access, I spent very little time in the common space. Breakfast was included and was more than satisfying -- fresh juice, coffee/tea, croissants, toast, cereal, eggs made to order.

The bedroom was clean, comfortable bed, clean bathroom--generally on the smaller side (by US standards).

The hotel staff was very helpful with directions, booking taxis, suggestions for dining.

• Liked — location, helpful staff
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled solo
1 Thank mlgallag
Amsterdam, Holland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2007

Great location in one of the streets of Palermo, beautiful, nicely decorated rooms. Very friendly girls who run the small hotel. They are willing to give advise anytime.

• Liked — location, room and staff
  • Disliked — breakfast
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled with friends
1 Thank MarijkeP
NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2007

I booked a stay for 6 nights. I gave a credit card as a deposit for the stay. When i arrived they had only booked me for 4 night and i had to find accommodation on the spot for the 2 days that they screwed up. The hotel itself is very nice , but whenever I tried to talk to the staff about the mix up they were very blaze. When we went to pay for our 4 day stay they assured me that the credit card was only for holding the reservation and no money had been charged on it. So we paid the bill in cash and now I have returned to find a charge on my card . I have written to the hotel and have had no response. I do NOT recommend anyone stay at this hotel. They need to improve their attitude and competence level to be consider themselves at international standards.

• Liked — the hotel itself was clean and nice
  • Disliked — the staff are incompetent and dismissive
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled with family