All reviewsother guestscroissantsspent a weeknice breakfastarielpalermotango
Reviewed 29 October 2007

My Mother and I stayed here for 4 nights then returned after travelling to Mendoza for another 5 nights.
The owner Ariel helped us with EVERYTHING & ANYTHING!
From booking Tango shows, coach tickets, taxis, restaurant & bar reccomendations, even advice on where we could buy nice leather boots! He spoke English fluently which helps when my Spanish is so minimal! and even bought me a surprise birthday cake on my birthday at breakfast!
The B & B is in an excellent location and our room was immaculately clean with very comfortable beds and wonderfully powerful hot showers.
The breakfast is the best i have had since leaving UK to travel 8 months ago. Fresh fruit, yoghurt, freshly squeezed orange juice and even delicious home made breads.
On top of all this Ariel is a charming host who is never too busy to share his wealth of local knowledge with you.
The best B & B i have stayed in!

• Stayed: October 2007
2  Thank stephy777
Reviewed 28 October 2007

What not to talk about?

It was the first time my girlfriend and I were traveling together, so
I had to choose a great place. The fact that she is very well traveled, and quite high-maintenance to be honest, made it much harder.

Although the reviews were all quite impressive, as you probably have seen, it's hard to really know what to choose judging from the web. But the service offered before booking was sooo helpful, that made my
choice feel as if I was going to a place I had already been to.

Not only was the place one of the best I had ever been to, my girlfriend thought so too!

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
5  Thank totan
Reviewed 3 October 2007

As others have said, this B&B is a great place to stay in BsAs. Though Palermo Viejo is a little outside of the main touristy areas in the City, cabs are cheap. There are two subway lines within about a 15-20 minute walk, and the Palermo Soho neighborhood is very interesting, with trendy shops and restaurants.

Owner Ariel is a great resource for all sorts of things, from where to get your laundry done to local clubs and restaurants. The breakfast here was the best of the four places I stayed in Argentina: coffee and tea, orange juice, yogurt, fresh fruit (a real treat), cereal, great breads with dulce du leche and jam, and warm facturas, the Argentine equivalent of Danish but much more interesting.

The location is a little noisy, but the rooms are off the street, which helps. Each is decorated in a different color and there's a common breakfast room with internet access.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled solo
4  Thank Dan G
Reviewed 12 September 2007

We stayed here for an entire week at the end of August. It was my boyfriend and my one-year anniversary, and Ariel, the owner, set up chocolates and flowers in our room, so sweet!

The rooms are very nice, with tall ceilings, local art, and painted brick walls, and each has its own personality. They're very clean, with hot water (and I require very hot water to be happy) (no baths I don't think, tho, just showers), and the rooms line a cozy courtyard. They're quiet since it's just a three-room place in Palermo Viejo, which is truly the best neighborhood to stay in while you're in BA. Breakfast (croissants, fruit, bread, jams & yogurt, coffee, tea, good helpings) is more flexible than at most hotels so that you don't have to worry about getting up at 10:00 am after a night of late BA-style dining.

Ariel is a charming host, and definitely you should rely on him for restaurant, tango, museum, airport transport, for everything recommendations -- when we did, we were always happy!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
4  Thank jen7703
Reviewed 21 August 2007

I really enjoyed my stay at this small B&B. Ariel was very kind and helpful. The B&B is in a good location in Palermo Viejo. I warmly recommend this establishment.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled solo