All reviewsother guestscroissantsspent a weekrooms are cleannice breakfastarielpalermobatango
Reviewed 29 August 2008

Palermo Viejo B&B was a perfect home base for exploring Buenos Aires. Ariel, the owner, was incredibly helpful and friendly. The rooms were clean and stylish. The location in Palermo Viejo couldn't be better. Breakfast was tasty and low-key and provided a good start for each day. I recommend this establishment without reservation.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 August 2008

I stayed 5 nights at PVBB. It's very close to lots of restaurants, bars, and shopping, including the leather shops on Murillo.

Email communication with Ariel prior to arrival was great.

What I apprecited the most was the extra care from Ariel and Nelly when I got food poisoning from a pricey restaurant in Palermo during the last few days of the trip. For a couple of days that yummy home-made bread was all I ate.

I hope to return to see fully what Palermo has to offer.

Stayed: August 2008
Reviewed 4 July 2008

My husband and I live in Rio de Janeiro, and although Rio is closed o Buenos Aires, we had never had the chance to visit that marvelous city.
Our children gave us the tickets as a present for our silver anniversary and we would be in charge to find accommodation.
The booking process at Palermo Viejo B&B was very easy. This was important to me because I’m used to book everything through travel agents, so this time I had to be in charge!
Ariel, the owner was very helpful by email. All our previous doubts were answered by him. Also he told us which room we would be in, and ours was “the green” one (each room has a different colour).
When we arrived at the beautiful B&B the reception of the staff was great. After welcoming us and the check in process we were given all the information from Buenos Aires, like attractions, restaurants, night lifeshows and many more. This was very useful for us to begin to plan our journey in BA.
Palermo is a very elegant neighborhood. There are a lot of fashion stores, furniture design and restaurants with foo from all over the world.
The B&B is located in the heart of Palermo Viejo . A quiet area but close to the attractions points like Serrano Square, the Botanical gardens, etc.
The B&B facilities are very good and also it’s an interesting place. It’s an old traditional house of Palermo Viejo that has been renovated and redesign with a minimalist touch, that makes it charming without loosing its essence.
Each corner is decorated with paintings from local artists which are also for sale.
The rooms are big enough, the ceilings very high and the most important thing to us, it’s very clean.
The courtyard has a lot of plants, with rosemary and lavender and that very special “lady of the night” which its parfum came into the room. Loved that garden!
Breakfast is good enough to start the day with energy. It includes coffee, tea, fresh orange juice (it’s made at the moment), fresh fruits, home made bread, yoghurt, croissant, ceral, etc.
For us, to travel at this very moment was special, and to have visited this beautiful place that made us feel like being at home and with family.
Thanks Ariel, Ivana and Nelly taking care of us.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2008

My boyfriend and I spent eight nights at Palermo Viejo B&B and we both highly recommend it. I found the previous reviews on Trip Advisor to be very accurate. I loved the way the rooms were set around a small interior courtyard. I really liked the décor, which was simple, stylish and modern.

Ariel, the B&B owner really made the experience special. My boyfriend and I had gotten a few suggestions of things to do while in B.A., and obviously came equipped with guidebooks, but Ariel really made us feel like we had gotten much more of an insider’s experience in Buenos Aires. He steered us away from the over-priced tourist-trap restaurants and helped us find the best local restaurants and the holes-in-the-wall that we were looking for.

Breakfast was simple, but fresh (fresh squeezed orange juice every day!). I was impressed that we could get breakfast at whatever time we rolled out of bed (which was usually fairly late, since the nightlife is late in B.A.), and Ariel or Ivana would greet us and help us figure out where to go for the day.

The location was great – a block away from a shopping street full of outlet (clothing and shoe) stores…and just a few blocks away from the heart of Palermo Viejo, which is such a fun neighborhood to explore - tons of great restaurants and boutiques. We ended up taking cab rides most of the time instead of taking the metro, since the walk to the metro takes about 20 minutes (walking to the metro is certainly do-able, but we were running late most of the time!). However, I don’t think we ever paid more that 20 pesos to get to any of the main tourist destinations (about $6) and by taking cabs we got to see more of the city!

We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2008

We had a wonderful stay at the Palermo Viejo B&B. The location is great !! We stayed there for a week.

Ariel is so helpful and very thoughtful and offers great recommendations on what to see and do. I would highly recommend this lovely B&B!!

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple