“Very friendly, but a little dated...”
Review of BA Central Hotel

BA Central Hotel
Ranked #168 of 443 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed 22 September 2012

I stayed here just for one night between my flight into Buenos Aires and out to Iguazu the next morning. The staff was very helpful, even with my poor Spanish.

The room was ok. The bed was comfy, the wifi worked great, and I even managed to find a couple of TV stations that were in Engish (with Spanish subtitles to help me with my Spanish) :)

The rooms are a little dated, and if you're looking for 5-Star, this definitely isn't it, but it was clean and did the trick.

One thing that would have made my stay a little better was if the front desk had a basic tourist map of BA. I arrived on a red-eye flight into BA, so at 10 am, my room wasn't ready, which I was prepared for, but it would have been nice to have even one of those cheesy little cartoon maps to help me get my bearings while I wandered around waiting for my room to be ready.

I did come back at 12, even though check-in wasn't until 3. My room wasn't quite ready but they were very nice and directed me to a couch in the lobby, and my room was ready about 10 minutes later.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank coug_chick18

Reviewed 12 August 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 9 nights. Staff were very helpful and friendly, and although the room was basic, it was comfortable and clean. Centrally located and convenient. Friends stayed in another three star hotel with better room service, but not such friendly staff. Personalized and warm atmosphere. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank MaggsBrisbane
Reviewed 26 July 2012

We stayed at this hotel last May and its possibly the worst hotel we have ever experienced internationally, the rooms were dirty and the bedspreads were smelly, the bathroom was old and in all we had to endure 4 nights! We would not advise it a prefered place to stay, at night the area was very noisy at times felt not safe.
The staff spoke limited english and weren't that friendly. Our standards were possibly to high for what our travell agent had advised us off. Please consider other hotels this was the pitts!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank katie m
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I stayed at this hotel several different times and the staff is ALWAYS excellent, and I also noticed that they are like this with every guest, I only have good things to say about them because they go out of their way to help the tourists, and they make you feel that you are surrounded by a friendly atmosphere! I cannot understand the only one bad review of Snowbird of Costa Rica, but I think he had mistaken this hotel for another, because he refers to the "carpet being iffy" and The Central Hotel Best Western do not have carpeted rooms, they all have shiny ceramic floors!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Valijaslistas
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Only stayed one night and checked in at 1am straight from airport. Reception staff were helpful, breakfast was more than adequate and the hotel is only a short stroll to good restaurants and shopping.
I inquired about booking a couple more nights for when I came back from Iguazu and staff told me it was worth doing it over the Internet rather than face to face - unfortunately they were booked but I appreciated the honesty nonetheless.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank RandolfQuaid
Reviewed 30 January 2012

My wife and I were at this fantastic hotel last week. I have to say about it only good things. Full breakfast and tasty. Wifi not that fast but you have this service in your room at no extra charge. Rooms perfect size for us, very nice decorated, I felt I was right in Argentina since the very first time I opened up my room! Also restaurante around the area, the Subte (subway/metro station) is a walking distance, also the Corrientes street (theaters area) is steps away from BW Central. Casa Rosada, Parlamento, Plaza de Mayo and many sightseeings are close too. Staff very helpful and nice. Also an observation, many reviewers have said is an unsafe area at night but that's not true, we arrived safely 3 consecutive nights with no problem at all. Be more careful instead with taxi drivers who drive you around just to overcharge you. I would definitively stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FEnriqueCV
Reviewed 27 January 2012

It's a very simple hotel but what more do you need when you stay in a town like Buenos Aires: Just a good bed, a clean room and a good breakfast. This is all you need and what this hotel is offering you. The staff is very friendly and is always willing to help at all times. Breakfast is basic but good. We stayed here for 2 nights. Just a 10 minute walk away from the Congress building

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple