“True Texas BBQ in Buenos Aires”

El Tejano BBQ & Sauce
Ranked #566 of 5,179 Restaurants in Buenos Aires
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Palermo
Description: El Tejano is a BBQ PIT (Bar - Restaurant/Sport Pub) located at Uruguay 1175. We are a small, influencial BBQ Joint (the southern most BBQ Pit in the Americas) that offers many types of smoked products. El Tejano provides catering and event possiblities in house or at your house. In addition to private events and catering, you will have the opportunity to try and buy my premier hot sauces and BBQ sauce here at our location in Recoleta
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I was in Buenos Aires for 6 months and only regret that I did not find El Tejano till the end of my stay. Went on my last night in Buenos Aires...and must say that is some of the best BBQ I have had. I was born and raised in Dallas, Texas.....so have had my fair share of Texas style BBQ. Can't wait to come back down to Buenos Aires to visit Larry and Daniela again. The food, the beer, the atmosphere....and of course the wonderful people there made this a great experience. It's a must while in Buenos Aires!!!!

1  Thank Francisco R

Reviewed 5 March 2014

I have been enjoying the cooking at El Tejano for many months now and I have never left disappointed or hungry. Larry (El Tejano) is passionate about his work and is continually trying little changes to improve a taste or a presentation. The food that comes out of that little kitchen is some of the most authentic Texas style BBQ I have ever had and Larry and his staff look after the patrons like family. That is what is great about El Tejano. You share a table with a group of strangers and leave knowing a lot of new people who have all just shared a great meal together.

But you need to pace yourself. You are about to come face to face with some awesome smoked BBQ and it is hard to not try one more piece of everything he offers and you need to try it all.

If you haven't gone yet...you should.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

We came with an appetite and were not disappointed. The pork bellies, brisket, and ribs were delicious and the portions ridiculous. Even the cole slaw was good. And the freight for the evening was not unreasonable. Plus, the owner of the joint was very personable and hands on.

I'd go back.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

This is the real deal people. Larry smokes the meat for hours and pairs that up with artisan beer on tap as well. Everything screams quality here and it shows. He even makes his own BBQ sauce and hot sauces as well. This is hands down, one of the best BBQ´s I have ever had and I have been to several places in the States.

You have to make reservations and you could also order food for pick up that would be vacuum sealed so you can enjoy later at home. Don´t hesitate. If you want to try authentic BBQ while in Buenos Aires, there is only one place.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

If you're craving some variety, and want to enjoy some great Texan BBQ, El Tejano is the place. Four of us went there last night for our first time, and had a really good evening. Larry, the owner and BBQ chef extraordinaire, treated us wonderfully. We had a great home-brewed IPA, pork belly (very tender), eggplant casserole, homemade cornbread, BBQ ribs and another great wood-smoked beef (the name escapes me). We had all the food we could eat (and more). Really high quality Texas barbeque.

Plus, the four others who showed up for dinner were great company. Nothing like the closed door restaurant experience for great company and a great meal. We'll be returning.