“This Food Is So Good”

Ranked #549 of 5,336 Restaurants in Buenos Aires
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Palermo
Description: El Tejano is a BBQ PIT (Bar - Restaurant/Sport Pub) located at Uruguay 1175. We are a small, influencial BBQ Joint (the southern most BBQ Pit in the Americas) that offers many types of smoked products. El Tejano provides catering and event possiblities in house or at your house. In addition to private events and catering, you will have the opportunity to try and buy my premier hot sauces and BBQ sauce here at our location in Recoleta
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I've been to El Tejano three times now over the past year. Every time, the day of I get really excited to eat awesome Texas BBQ and every time I have not been disappointed. Larry is not only an expert when it comes BBQ, he is also a great guy. He let us stay late to play music for a farewell party we had there and was quick to give me a glass of milk and bread when I ate a habanero pepper by accident. There is no place like this in this city.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I wholeheartedly recommend this place. The totally bilingual/bicultural owner/chef/waiter Larry served up a mean plate of smoked chicken, and as well gave us samples of some things he'd been experimenting with - a fried pork rib, fried bits of pork, French fries, and some of the best onion rings I've ever had. Our beer glasses were never empty, and Larry passed by often enough to make sure every diner was having a great time.
The space itself is clearly a labor of love, with lots of wood and stainless steel paneling, giving off a rustic Texas vibe, and I can't wait to go back to try the brisket and ribs!

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I couldn't stop eating :) the ribs were perfect and the bisket was incredible. I would totally recommend this place to anyone looking for ab awesome meal.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

This is truly an unique experience in Buenos Aires, nothing like the same old boring pizza pasta and parilla places. Slow smoked meat, and fine craft beers.

It makes me feel homesick for Texas, and I've never been there!

Reviewed 14 March 2014

A few friends and I were on our way home from having a few drinks and as we passed by this place, we could hear the sound of laughter and conversation from the inside. One of us saw a man of about 80 in the window with BBQ sauce dripping down his chin and a huge smile on his face. Seeing that, we knew we had to find out what this place was. To our surprise Larry, the owner, popped his head out of the window. After a quick dialogue exchange, he invited us in for a beer. And it was all over. As we drank some local brews, he started handing us some of the best BBQ ribs, fried pickles, and fries that I'd ever had. I skeptically said to my friends, "If this is good BBQ, this meat should just fall off the bone." As I bit into the meat, the entire rib fell apart. It was perfect. We tried to pay him, but he said it was just some extra he had from the night. He kept us after all the other patrons left, after the staff had left, and even invited us out to a different place afterward.

A couple weeks later, we rented out the place for all of our friends, and had one of the best nights we spent in BA. The spice was spicy, the pickles were pickly, the beer was beery, and we were in BBQ heaven.

Larry was a great guy also. He entertained, he drank, and he had some of the best stories of expats in Argentina. A complete joy to have around and I intend on visiting this place any time I'm back in Buenos Aires.

Hands down amazing.