“great pulled beef-n-shroom sandwich!”

El Tejano BBQ & Sauce
Ranked #562 of 5,396 Restaurants in Buenos Aires
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Palermo
Description: El Tejano is a BBQ PIT (Bar - Restaurant/Sport Pub) located at Uruguay 1175. We are a small, influencial BBQ Joint (the southern most BBQ Pit in the Americas) that offers many types of smoked products. El Tejano provides catering and event possiblities in house or at your house. In addition to private events and catering, you will have the opportunity to try and buy my premier hot sauces and BBQ sauce here at our location in Recoleta
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We arrved at 9:45 PM on a Friday night: my wife, my parents, and my two kids (ages 6 and 7). In a short time a cavalcade of plates began to appear. French fries, homemade sausage, brisket, pulled beef, a cornbread dish, more sliced beef and finally pork ribs. None of us had desert because the adults were stuffed and the kids were asleep.

All of the plates were tasty and of a noticably good quality. My favorite was the pulled beef with mushrooms and bell peppers (melted jalapeño jack on top would have been the bomb). The ribs were a slight disapointment for being a little dry. I like 'em greasy.

In general, the meats had a strong smoke flavor... The smoked brisket was too strong for my liking. I understand that the most readily available wood is quebracho - the prefered wood for "parrillas" in Argentina. The wood has a pleasent, but dark flavor. Too dark for low-temp smoking in my opinion. To be clear, I ate everything on my plate, as did my family.

The next morning I awoke with a wood taste in my mouth. I had some water and then I saw the desert that we brought home. Cheesecake! I had a slice found it to be excellent!!

I have been in Argentina 9 years, and found the prices to be very resonable for Argentine standards. (A steal for greenback tourists.) I will return if only for the pulled beef sandwiches and cheesecake. The cheescake changed my rating from 4 to 5.
I can only hope that the grillmaster keeps tweeking his dryrub recipie in order to better balance the wood flavor... Or start using fruitwoods.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Had a great evening with my husband here last night. Larry, the owner was really friendly and welcoming and cooked us up some great food. We'd never been to a closed door restaurant before- you have to book and then you're sent the address and let in. Very cool and fun experience with some good music and a fun, lively crowd. Definitely a whole evening experience with food coming out as it's ready and drinks flowing. Nice to have some great American food and I loved that there was a wood burning smoke oven! So cool. A fun, intimate experience not to be missed in Buenos Aires!

1  Thank ELondonTraveller
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Went to a private event at El Tejano and could not believe all the delicious food that we ate there. BBQ ribs, brisket, fries, corn, brisket empanadas, BBQ sauces, hot sauce, and mini pancakes with powdered sugar. Would definitely recommend El Tejano if you plan to visit Buenos Aires! Larry, the owner is from Texas and brings the best Texas BBQ with the meats that are a tradition here in Buenos Aires.

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

I went with a friend and didnt know what the menu was that day(Wed night).We got some smoked lamb with coleslow and it was awesome. The meat was melting and the sauce was almost like a rich and flavoured soup you just couldnt stop eating. I was already satisfied at that point, but we were just starting. We had a briskett sandwich with fries and added some bbq sauce(light and very tasty, and you can actually purchase it and take it home!). For dessert we had a strawberry
Cheescake. It was so good I had to buy half a cake and it home. Just when you thought this couldnt get any better we got mini pancakes with powder sugar and some kind of maple syrup that were to die for. It was an outstanding dinner I probably had 5 or 6 times here in BA. I definitely recommend it. BTW, the prices were VERY reasonable.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I've been to el tejano a handful
of times - it's great!! I can't get enough . if you are going make sure u go on an empty stomach because there's lots of food.

try the chicken- it's sooo juicy!!!