“Great Little Sports Bar”

Shoeless Joe's/El Alamo Bar
Ranked #39 of 181 Nightlife in Buenos Aires
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We were looking for a spot to watch Texas A&M play the first game of the season. I had searched online and read that it was a good place to watch US Sports. I also asked a few people on tours when we arrived in Buenos Aires and they also recommended it. We headed over on Saturday and found that it is located in a nice neighborhood and is a cute place. Dark, dive bar feel with a great bar menu (mostly mexican food) that is homemade. We had the wings which were pretty good and nachos. The Salsa was really good..like Texas "texmex" good. I was pretty surprised. Really affordable, amazing service and tons of big screen TVs. I would highly recommend if you are looking for a spot to watch US Sports!

2  Thank ccctravels

Reviewed 23 July 2013

I really like the bar.
If you pay 50 pesos you will drink beer all night at Alamo.

For those who doens't like to smoke I do not recomend, cause it's ok to smoke inside the bar...

It's always full of people, many tourists.
I liked and recomend.

3  Thank Danielle P
Reviewed 25 June 2013 via mobile

A great American sporta bar hidden off the street. A good place to meet other Americans traveling along with what seemed to be fluent Argentinians, making it easier to communicate. (Or at least for non Spanish speakers like myself) The smoke aspect is something you will find in just about any bar in BA so dont be intimdated. The food is good and relatively cheap. Great place to catch some American sports, or any for that matter!

1  Thank Colton C
Reviewed 14 January 2013

Really fun went to El Alamo on a weekend night -- was one of my favorite nights out in BA. As long as you don't mind crowds, El Alamo is definitely worth a visit! They have awesome discounts and really cheap beers. Can't remember exactly their drink promos, but when I went we hardly paid anything and drank a ton! The food isn't very good, but if you're looking for just a place to drink pretty cheap and meet people from all over (there were tons of foreigners) El Alamo is perfect!

1  Thank Porsha M
Reviewed 25 October 2012

I have been to El Alamo a few times. Working with mostly expats, El Alamo seems to be the place of choice for a lot of foreigners/Americans. It gets extremely crowded, but if you can manage to snatch a table, it's pretty fun. The beer isn't too expensive and you're always guaranteed quite a few people showing up (I hate going to bars with no one there). Great too if you are looking for a place to watch sports from back home!

2  Thank Herschel A