All reviews top floor shared bathroom quiet street friendly guests common areas of the hotel croissants shower area affordable hotel sube card restaurants and bars juice and coffee this lovely hotel palermo area some great restaurants spoke excellent english great location in palermo small room
Reviewed 2 April 2018

This hotel has so much charm, and has a great location in the hip district Palermo. It's close to some really nice restaurants and shops. My friend and I liked this place so much that we decided to both start and end our Argentina adventure here. Therefore we tried to stay in two different rooms - both of them we really liked. They were nicely decorated and had big spacious bathrooms. If you are a light sleeper I recommend you to bring earplugs though - it is a busy city after all.
I loved the staff as well, they were so helpful and kind. They are great at speaking English too.
So if you like the urban/hip lifestyle or are a foodie like me, then I would highly recommend this place as it gives you a great starting point to explore the best part of Buenos Aires. It's a really good value for money!

Stayed: February 2018
Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

This hotel is in a nice area of Buenos Aires and is beautifully decorated. The staff were friendly and helpful at every interaction we had with them. The room was spacious, clean and well appointed. No tv or hair dryer but, for us, this wasn’t a problem. The king sized bed was comfy and the shower was large with good water pressure. The main downside for this hotel was the breakfast. It was advertised as a continental breakfast but was only a croissant, juice and coffee. No condiments for the croissant nor any fruit or other bread. We ended up going to a local fruit shop to buy fruit for breakfast.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
escapade_bsas, Gerente at Hotel Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2018

Thanks for sharing your experience. We are delight that you enjoy our Hotel.
We have hairdryer at the recepcion if you ask for ite. Good to know for next time.
We agree that our breakfast offer only one option has you mentionned but it's optinal and at a very very competitive price.
Hopefully we see you again.
Best regards. Yann

Reviewed 28 February 2018

I like this hotel. The owners and their staff and helpful and friendly. It's located in a great safe neighborhood with shops, restaurants, easy access to busses and a short walk to the subway. There's a small bar and lobby area part of which is open to the sky. It's great for meeting up or getting to know the other guests. There are some small, out of the way sitting rooms and an open roof area. The rooms themselves are small and basic, but OK. You'll want to be out exploring the city rather than hanging in your room, anyway. However, access to the upper rooms is by quite a lot of narrow, stone and concrete steps. The steps are unsuitable for elderly people, or for young children to navigate on their own. It can take some effort to get a suitcase up there although the staff will gladly help you. There is no elevator. So, if you're OK dealing with the steps, then I recommend Hotel Costa Rica.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank hlovell2018
Reviewed 20 February 2018

I stayed at this hotel between 11th and 14th January this year. I was made most welcome by Sylvina upon my arrival. Sylvina spoke excellent English. The reception area was clean and tidy and there was compact little bar area opposite. All the staff were excellent and friendly. The rooms are basic but comfortable and clean. Although my room wasn't ensuite the showers and toilets were just along the corridor and these were also cleaned regularly and the showers were warm. There is tidy outoor area on the top floor where you can sunbath or even cook your own BBQ. The location of the hotel is ideal being on a quiet street only 5 minutes walk away from the popular and lively Palermo area. I would definitely stay at the hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

Friendly, English speaking staff made our first stay in Buenos Aires a breeze by giving us a map and telling what was best to do with our two days. The location is perfect for an idle stroll into Soho for breakfast or dinner (Don Julio is an amazing steak place nearby). The room was small, but comfy and the shared bathroom was functional. Only downside would be the WiFi, which barely worked at our end of the top floor. Saw a lot of the other rooms in the building though which looked really nice, so probably worth spending the extra money for a bit more luxury. Absolutely no complaints from us though considering our stay was an absolute bargain. Would happily recommend.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple