“Bad and good things”

Ranked #61 of 442 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed 28 December 2012

Moreno Hotel is a mix of perfection and defects. Very good locarion and a beautiful building, with pottery on wall and a nice terrace for breakfast and leisure. It's noisy, just around its corner there is a popular club, where people stay inside and outside with high volume music and sometime screaming. My room was at second floor and cars in Moreno street don't save me from noise. The room was huge and beautiful, as well as the bath, but a stink come from the drainage. Staff is friendly, even they weren't able to reserve a taxi for me on dec 25th. Breakfast good on roof top. During my four nights staying on december 2012, I place my documents and money in the safe. I did forget I left some 'emergency' notes in my baggage, that anyway was locked. Someone broke my suitcase locker and steal my money, during the day when I was roaming in the city. All that was in the safe was still there. It was only 50 € but none want his baggage be violate in a 4 star hotel. I report to reception, but hotel manager didn't contact me, at least for regrets, even if they have my email. So a pleasent stay, but noise and theft.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Paolo64Milano
Write a ReviewReviews (1,271)

Reviewed 25 December 2012

Convenient location. Great value - we booked through hotels.com and had a buy 2 nights get 3rd night free deal so the room was really affordable. Loft room is HUGE with beautifully modern decor! Fantastic shower with tons of water volume and plenty of hot water. However, there was a slight leak to the water heater (in the room) every time we took a shower. Bathroom did have a slight odor coming from the pipes that others have commented on, but not so bothersome to affect the experience. Very little vanity/counter space in the bathroom, but having the bar-area sink helped give me a spot to get ready while the bathroom was being used (although - no mirrors in the room other than the bathroom!). Super cute old-time elevator (but modern in terms of its efficiency and operation). Great service at the front desk - we went down every afternoon asking them to help us make dinner reservations that evening and they were so accomodating. Wifi a bit slow, but free and prevalent throughout the hotel. Breakfast on the rooftop was nice -- decent selection of options. We enjoyed medialunas every morning with dulce de leche -- delicious!

Only issue: we had a room on the 2nd floor (26, I think). While spacious, it was too close to the ground floor and we could hear a lot of noise from the street. The walls are fairly thin as well. Early on a Saturday morning, we heard yelling and screaming from people heading home from the bars, and motorcycles ripping through the streets before dawn. There was also truck noise from garbage collection in the middle of the night. As the room doors are quite heavy, we could also hear the doors slamming from adjacent rooms throughout the evening. This was all most noticeable our first evening when we were exhausted, but it seemed to get better throughout our 3 night stay.

Great location otherwise - 2 blocks from main plaza, right on Defensa for bars, restaurants, and the San Telmo market. We enjoyed tango lessons on Sunday evenings from Lucia y Gerry in San Telmo on Defensa just a few blocks down (ARP20 per person for an hour lesson, such a steal!!). Convenient to catch a cab.

I would stay here again and recommend to others -- but would probably ask for a room on a higher floor.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 December 2012

A Very pleasant overall ambiance, combines with some intriguing original features particularly the lift and pleasant roof terrace. Rooms are spacious and pleasant, although tv's are v small with no international chan (although perhaps this is in irrelevant when in such an incredible city). Simple style, however elegant and soothing. Breakfast small but pleasant and served on a wonderful room terrace. I'm glad to have booked in advance as upon returning to BA for an unexpected night, the rack rate was almost double what I had paid booking on the hotels website just a few weeks in advance. This may have been due to room availability however. Staff were very friendly and helpful

Room Tip: Bigger rooms are just a few £ more
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 December 2012

This is a great, reasonably priced, modern hotel in a great Buenos Aires- San Telmo location. My room was huge, clean, and even had a tiny view. It's a very cool and trendy place. Unfortunately I found the staff to be consistently snobby and unhelpful when asking for directions or other small requests. I would definitely stay here again, but not expect any friendliness from the staff.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank edrobbie
CamiloGoldberg, Gerente at Moreno Hotel Buenos Aires, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2012

Greetings from Buenos Aires and thank you for choosing Moreno Hotel!

First of all, I would like to thank you on behalf of our entire Staff for your kind words about Moreno Hotel, and for sharing your expercience with the Online Community of TripAdvisor. Regarding your experience with our Front Desk Staff, I am deeply sorry for this situation but also surprised to hear about it. It never happened before, but it is not acceptable, I already spoke to our 5 members of the Front Desk Staff regarding this issue and we will keep on working in order to improve and be able to welcome you and all of our Guests on the way you all deserve.

We are looking forward to welcome you as our Guest on your next visit to Buenos Aires!

Reviewed 30 November 2012

Stayed here for the second BsAs leg of my first trip to Argentina. Great small hotel located near the San Telmo neighborhood-- very close to Plaza de Mayo, the hotel is right on Defensa street [site of the San Telmo street fair on Sundays]. Service was very helpful and accommodating. Our room [a large "loft"] was well appointed and modern. Some plumbing issues including very slow drains and obvious prior water damage were a very minor annoyance. Very slow wifi was a little more annoying. Breakfast on the terrace was great, and, of course, love the elevators! Aldo's-- the wine bar/restaurant on the ground floor, was an added bonus! Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Greetings from Buenos Aires and thank you for choosing Moreno Hotel!

First of all, I would like to thank you on behalf of our entire Staff for your kind words about Moreno Hotel and our Staff, and for sharing your expercience with the Online Community of TripAdvisor. Regarding the plumbing issue and the WI FI speed, we are deeply sorry for the inconveniences this may caused, there was a problem with the an Acces Point and also with one of the water heaters but everything is currently fixed. We will keep on working in order to improve and avoid this from happening again so your next stay can be unique and entirely positive!

Reviewed 18 October 2012

Tucked away on the edge of San Telmo this hotel is just 5 mins walk from the central Plaza de Mayo and close to all facilities, transport links, restaurants etc. A quirky very dark reception area but with excellent English speaking staff, wonderful old elevator and fantastic bedroom. Super roof=top brekfast room topped off a great 3 night stay

Room Tip: Didn't request anything extra but had a quiet 7th floor room. all rooms face either the street o...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MikeFord21

Greetings from Buenos Aires and thank you for choosing Moreno Hotel!

First of all, I would like to thank you on behalf of our entire Staff for your kind words about Moreno Hotel and our Staff, and for sharing your expercience with the Online Community of TripAdvisor. We are glad to know we were able to welcome you as you deserve and we are going to keep working in order to improve and always be able to make from every stay an unique and positive experiencie.

Reviewed 4 October 2012

It was my 2nd stay in buenos Aires , and this gimme I stayed in this classy hotel, loved the spacious room, the friendly staff , modern bathroom, funky alivator and last but not least the special attention received from the manager Jerimia.

Room Tip: Mail Jerimia before you arrive . If possible carry cash, because our pin no,s did not always work i...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Johan O

Greetings from Buenos Aires and thank you for choosing Moreno Hotel!

First of all, I would like to thank you on behalf of our entire Staff for your kind words about Moreno Hotel and our Staff. We are pleased to know that you found here with us the positive expericence you were looking for when you choose Moreno Hotel.

We are looking forward to welcome you as our Guest on a third visit to Buenos Aires and on every time you come to our marvellous City!