“The best thing was the people taking care of us; wonderful!!!!!!”

Estancia Villa Maria
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Absolutely great service, by the time my three days were over I was friends even with the cooks, specially with the fascinating cook at the Argentinian grill with all the exquisite cuts and sausages
I would definitely go back and invite all my friends the world over

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Frankworldtraveler

Reviewed 8 April 2014

My husband and I spent a couple of nights here with our 3 year old. The rooms were adequate. The food was delicious. Sitting on the terrace overlooking the lawn during lunch was quite relaxing. We also enjoyed the tennis court, pool, horse riding, bikes, and carriage ride. The staff bent over backwards to prepare food for my picky eater. And Florencia was fantastic to work with prior to arrival and during our stay. We hope to return again!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Flowergirlla
Reviewed 30 March 2014

My wife and I attended an event at the beautiful Estancia Villa Maria. We watched a polo match, saw some gauchos, and had a dinner on the back lawn. Its a 60 minute drive to get there from Buenos Aires but well worth the drive! Try and be there for sunset if you can, so many colors and you can see the star so much better at night!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We went together with another couple to this amazing Disney-like estancia. The staff was super friendly and the food was great. We also went horseback riding with the gaucho Ramon around the ranch. So if you are looking for an estancia around Buenos Aires, this is the one you want to visit!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank I-am-AKG
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We spend 3 nights at Villa Maria with our kids. The room was really nice, the place unique. We enjoyed a lot the horse rides and Ramón's friendlyness. Bike riding was also so much fun and we could see a lot of birds around such as lechuzas (owls), woodpeckers, green cotorras (little parrots), chimangos and caranchos. Too sad soon it will all be gone and become just another Country Club.

My only complain is the service. The lady (here name was mentioned in other reviews) was not friendly at all, I mean, she is in the business of receiving people, so she should be smiling more and running less (no matter the time, she always seemed in a big hurry and that the guests were her last concern). And she is (or was during our stay) the face of the hotel.

The other staff, Ramón from the horses, and cleaning ladies and the waitresses were nice.

Watch out for weddings. We didn't have one during our stay but it would ruin your stay there.

Room Tip: There are only 11 rooms in the hotel. We saw 3. They were all equally good and unique.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Vmartinussi
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I was really looking forward to staying at this hotel and it was a real let down. The weather didn't help - we went in November and it rained the whole time - no swimming pool, sunbathing, walks outside, horses, so beware that if the weather isn't good there is very little to do at this hotel. When we went the wi-fi wasn't working either which was pretty poor for somewhere so expensive. We read a lot and drank lots of wine, that was about all there was on offer. There's not much you can do about that though, except be prepared. My main complaint is with the service - this hotel could be so much improved if the customer service was better. The lady (Florencia) who checked us in was so unfriendly, she didn't smile once & looked like she would rather be anywhere else. There was usually one or two people working in a back room somewhere - if you wanted to get a drink you had to hunt them down on the property and they weren't happy to help you. You can't help yourself to anything here and they always made you feel like you were disturbing them. It wouldn't be much effort to walk around the house once an hour and see if all the guests are happy and it would make such a difference. Also, when it was time to leave we were checked out and waiting in the lobby for our taxi to the airport. When it arrived I went into the staff room to say bye and thanks - the guy didn't even look up from his computer to say bye or thanks to me. We went out to the car and he called me back and said he needed my credit card to pay (they already had my card so I assumed they would just charge it) - it took 10 minutes to do while the taxi driver waited outside, which I find amazing as he knew we had been sitting & waiting in the lobby for the last half an hour after we'd handed back our keys, why didn't he sort it then? Pretty poor. The food was great, lovely wine and beautiful rooms/property but for me I felt like I'd paid a lot of money for such poor service. I hope they improve it as the place has the potential to be amazing.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank missie123
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I highly recomed this estancia! Just miles away from the city of Buenos Aires, a beautiful and historic estancia. The place is huge with many activities to do during the day, we played tennis and even rode the horses that the hotel provided us. The place is ideal to go with family, friends, or as a couple. The food is amazing, we had the typical asado with argentinean wine. The staff were really nice and attentive to the guests. I highly recomend this place!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Recoleta
Palacio Duhau - Park Hyatt Buenos Aires
Pampas del Sur
#1 of 4 in Canuelas

Been to Estancia Villa Maria? Share your experiences!