“Good but not great”
Review of Duomi Plaza Hotel

Duomi Plaza Hotel
Ranked #184 of 440 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed 8 January 2014

The hotel was clean & friendly. Staff were helpful & the room was cleaned daily. It is reasonably well located beside the centre of Buenos Aires. Breakfast was served over the Christmas period in a makeshift restaurant (conference room) & was quite average. Unfortunately the hotel had no bar or food facilities so we were a little discommoded over the Christmas/New Year period as Buenos Aires came to a standstill.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 November 2013

I was a little aprehensive about the hotel due to all the bad reviews I saw here, but after getting there, I'm really glad I was proven wrong. The room is huge and the bed even bigger (really, really comfy, by the way). Maybe the hotel itself is not new, but everything seemed well conserved. The bathroom is equipped with the usual hair dryer and had a bathtub (which made me extremely happy). I even got a room with a little varanda! The breakfast is fine, nothing fancy and actually pretty plain. The downsize is that they charge for wifi (the only free wifi is in the restaurant) and the room service is poor (and I'm not even talking about the weird charging they do). The staff is friendly.

I think that the hotel worked fine for me because I went with my boyfriend and we really wanted to explore the city. So we weren't looking for luxury, just something enough for us. Having a hotel that is right in the center and in walking distance of pretty much everything we wanted to see was just perfect. Plus the hotel was really comfortable and friendly beyond our exprctations.

Overall, I'd totally recommend the place. Just keep in mind that it is a 3 star hotel and you get what you pay for.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Daniela T
Reviewed 14 August 2011

This hotel is really not recomended. Their installations are not so bad, but the service pushes down its qualifying, besides the bad location.

• Stayed: September 2010
3  Thank Ronaldo_o
Reviewed 9 April 2011

We stayed at the Duomi Hotel in Buenos Aires because our travel agent, GotMyFare.com, switched hotels on us one week before travel. When we were offered another hotel, TripAdvisor had worse reviews for it than this one, and the internet pictures for this hotel didn't look too bad. Pictures do lie. This hotel is old, run down and in a scary section of town. The wallpaper is peeling off, dirty carpets, dark dingy hallways, terrible lobby and the elevator quit working. There is a small balcony but it looks directly at a brick wall about 8 feet away. The breakfast was adequate, but not great. The four of us travelers endured four nights there and would not recommend it. I do not recommend the GotMyFare.com travel company either.

Room Tip: Pictures on internet lie, read reviews.
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank AlaRover
Reviewed 9 December 2009

When I arrived in Argentina at the hotel at noon (after a flight of 12 hours from Madrid), my room wasn't ready, so I was obliged to wait or walking on the street until my room was ready. I stayed for 2 nights. 2 weeks later I stayed another 2 nights in this hotel. I arrived from Ushuaia at 1.30h in the night. The reception-employee refused to let us in if we didn't give our creditcard (or 100$ in cash) as a guarantee for the mini-bar.
The rooms are spatious and clean, but for the wifi-network, they charge 25$ for 24 hours. Personally, I think that wifi should always be free.The location is ok, but not that special.
The hotel itself is a bit impersonal, but ok. The problem is with the service.

• Stayed: November 2009
3  Thank Werner G
Reviewed 10 November 2009

Duomi Plaza is a good hotel, I mean the rooms are very big and clean and the toillet is in the avareg. The people in front desk are very rude and unpolite and the location is quite bad although taxi in Buenos Aires are very cheap.
I had my voucher lost and the front desk woman was very unpolite to help me. She said that it was essential even though she looked in PC that was Ok.
I would recommend this hotel to cheap travel.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2008

Me and my husband stayed in Duomi Plaza last year and it was great. Although the location is ugly it´s quite next to Corrientes avenue, Calle Florida, Puerto Madero and 9 July avenue. Very central place. The best of all was the huge comfortable room. Very friendly staff too. I recommend.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)