“Excellent base of operations for seeing Buenos Aires”
Review of Gorriti 4290 B&B

and 1 more site!
Gorriti 4290 B&B
Ranked #36 of 256 Buenos Aires B&B and Inns
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent base of operations for seeing Buenos Aires”
Reviewed 17 October 2010

There are many hotel and hostel options for anyone visiting Buenos Aires. This is an ideal location for those that are interested in a base of operations and in staying in a safe, centrally located and hip neighborhood, but in a quieter section of the hip neighborhood so there is minimal street noise at night.

The rooms are about the size of much pricier boutique hotels, and if you are willing to get a shared bathroom option, you will save a lot of money compared to anything else in the neighborhood.

The proprietor Hernan is very pleasant and accomodating, but this is ultimately a "no frills, no drama" place to stay. The basics are very well taken care of: very clean, good breakfast, and lots of help getting to the airport on time. If you need an iPod port and champagne upon arrival and common areas to watch TV and play games, this is not your place - it's instead a guy's very nice house, that he actually lives in, and he's letting you stay there for super cheap!

I heartily recommend the place.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 4 September 2010

This B&B is essentially a home with a few rooms and a lovely eating and living area. My room was simple, but the bed was very comfortable. The people I met at breakfast and in the common areas at night made my trip as a solo traveler much more enjoyable. The breakfasts were perfect, including fresh juice, coffee, and a large variety of baked goods. My room did not have a private bathroom, but there were 1 and a half baths available. Since there were so few rooms, it was never an issue.

The B&B is in a residential neighborhood a few blocks away from the main Palermo Viejo neighborhood, but it felt safe to walk back and forth. You could also walk two blocks to the main streets to catch a taxi for access to the larger areas in Buenos Aires. I never ended up taking the subte (subway) because it was a farther walk to the stations. I ended up staying a few extra nights before the end of my trip.

I also arranged for almost daily spanish lessons with Virginia Panetta with Private Buenos Aires Tours. She helped me build my confidence and my vocabulary. She also leads and arranges tours, so she incorporated history and culture into our conversations giving me a greater appreciation for what I was seeing.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
Chelsea
Reviewed 5 May 2010

We stayed six nights over a two week period. Returning the second time was like coming back to our home in B.A. Hernan is friendly and knowledgeable and always ready to provide the info needed to discover the Palermo area and the city. Simple, relaxed vib, great location and the best breakfast we had in Argentia. Good music spot just six blocks down the street - Cafe Vinilio - check it out. 4290 is just what we needed - good value,

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 10 April 2010

Hernan is a warm welcoming owner that makes you feel very comfortable as soon as you arrive. He arranged taxi, soccer, and other activities for us making life a lot easier. The hotel located in a nice part of town. Breakfast is great. Rooms are clean. The WiFi is fast. Guests are mostly from Europe. When we stayed we met a fine Australian man Phil who made our stay even more special! No puedo esperar mas regresar aqui!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Florence, Italy
Reviewed 27 February 2010

What an amazing stay in Buenos Aires. I travel for a living and can honestly say that Hernan and Gimena's B&B is one of my most memorable and favorite places I've ever stayed. They are so warm and friendly, helpful and entertaining. I wish we could've spent even more time with them! Delicious breakfast every day full of fresh breads and pastries, fruit, tea, fresh squeezed oj, and more. They even started putting out extra dulce de leche treats when they realized how much I liked it! We ended up spending much more of our 2 months in Argentina in Buenos Aires because our time at Gorriti 4290 was so relaxing and special. We stayed in all four rooms and all are unique, clean, and good for the senses. They keep the place spotless and it feels like home (but better!). They gave us tips on restaurants, places to visit, etc, and helped us when we needed it.

I would highly recommend this place if you want a very comfortable, aesthetically pleasing place to stay in a great location in Buenos Aires. Hernan and Gimena's service is top notch. Muchas gracias a Uds y Rogelio... espero que nos vemos prontissimo... Ahora estoy practicando mi castellano. :)

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cc_ingiro
Tours, France
Reviewed 27 February 2010

Finding a place where I feel at home is important for me as I travel for a living every day of the year. This place was recommended by a friend and ended up being a place where we kept extending our stay in the city by several days staying here. Taking the time to get to know Hernan after all the advice he gave us about where to go and what to do in the city when we had questions became one of my favorite parts of being in the city. The house is well located to get around, quiet and safe. A place where I was able to recharge my batteries while on vacation.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
Pasto, Colombia
Reviewed 29 November 2009

I can't add more than the other excellent reviews: Hernan and Jimena run this lovely B&B in a beautiful traditional but renovated Buenos Aires house. Tidy, safe, charming.
You should try to convince Hernan to make one of his now-world famous ASADO in the little terrace on the rooftop. Bottle(s) of good Malbec is a must.
If you want to discover the city with a non tourist eye they will tell you about those little gems that BA has to offer you. Enjoy.
Saludo y beso ahora desde Shanghai che!

• Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple