“Clean, confortable, affordable hotel”
Review of Intersur Suites

Intersur Suites
Ranked #179 of 444 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed 28 September 2011

We stayed at Intersur Suites for 2 nights, we booked a triple room. Of course,this is not a luxury hotel, but is good deal for your money.The location is near the theatre district,that´s Corrientes Ave. The lobby is a small one, the staff was correct.Our room was on the 8th floor, was large enought for us, there was a kitchenette, a round table, 4 chairs, 3 confortable beds, and a small balcony.The towels and bedsheet demands replacement, looked old and grey instead of white. The room was quiet.The private bathroom had a bathtub. The hotel offers guests to take the breakfast at the breakfast room on the ground floor,or you can choose to have it at your suite without extra charge. The breakfast was frugal, french toast, cookies, croissants, coffe, milk, orange juice, no much more. The internet was free.Check out is at 10 a.m,, too early in my opinion. The overall opinion es good, the price es cheap if compared with any other hotels nearby.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 17 August 2011

Stayed at intersur suites for 4 nights. Pleased with the facilities, reception staff were friendly and helpful, also spoke English. Located in Ave Corrientes which is a main high street, so quite central. Nearest metro is Callao (pronounced cashao) in line B. Metro n buses are cheap, for buses need to have coins ready (don't have it ask a shop nearby, for change u say boledos)

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 20 July 2011

It is not a refined hotel, with small problems of maintenance, but everything works fine. The floor-heating works perfectly and it was very appropriated because the days were very cold during our stay on Buenos Aires. The rooms are spacious. And some are conjugated and proper to large families, as ours.

Room Tip: They have a kind of conjugated rooms (double + quadruple) very nice to large families.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2011

We stayed at Intersur Suites for 5 nights. We got a triple room. The bedroom was very clean as well as the bathroom. The towels were soft, we only missed a floor towel at the bathroom. There is a good hair dryer. We couldn´t hear any noise from other rooms, only from the street, which is a big avenue. However, our bedroom was faced to the back of the building, so, it didn´t bother us much. There is a subway station only one block from the hotel. You can reach out Obelisco in about 10 min walking and Florida Street in about 15 min. The breakfast was good enough for the price. There were yogurt, cereal, croissants, bread, juice, fruit salad. Overall the hotel is good, and for the price I´m sure I wouldn´t find a better one in that area. Some advices though, never ever book any transfer, sightseeing, trips, from the hotel. Unfortunatelly the hotel doesn´t check the people they recomend for these services. There were posters at the hotel walls advertising the transfer service to airport and saying that the price was 140 pesos. So, I booked at the hotel desk this transfer and was told that I should pay the 140 pesos directly to the driver. By the day and time scheduled, I was waiting for the shuttle, the driver arrived 5 minutes late. When we finally arrived at the airport I gave to the driver 150 pesos and was waiting for my change. The driver then told me that the correct price was 160 pesos, and that the price advertised by Intersur was wrong. I argued with the driver saying that I booked at a certain price, and that it was wrong to overcharge. I asked the driver his documents to check his licence, he refused to show me. I knew I was being deceived by that man, we were three women, includind my elderly mother, so he decided to play smart on us by saying that Intersur Hotel was the one to blame. He didn´t give my change, didn´t show me his licence, and put us in a tense situation being rude and wanting more money at the airport entrance. Unfortunatelly it was very early, around 4 a.m., I didn´t see any police officers nearby and I had to go in order not to miss the flight. I would stay again at Intersur hotel, but never book anything they recomend.

Room Tip: Take the backside rooms, less noise
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank ErikaPR
Reviewed 7 April 2011

This is a three star hotel in a great location. Think Best Western, in the heart of a city. The metro was super close, a grocery stop downstairs. We had a kitchenette, but not pots or pans...so that was a bit pointless. Its not a fancy operation by any means and some of the decor is def a little outdated. The breakfast wasnt that great but it was included so no complaints. There is a pharmacy across the street and several places to eat. Corrientes is a very busy street so you wont be dissapointed trying to find places to eat.

There was a soccer field right behind the hotel though and men were playing until the wee hours of the evening....that was a little frustrating from a noise level standpoint. Truth be told we were only in the room one night during those hours though.

The beds were comfortable, the service and cleanliness was average. Overall not dissapointing or thrilling. It was an average stay.

Room Tip: book early.
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Fernanda S
Reviewed 3 January 2011

Buenos aires is known for the terrible service, it looks like the people over here don't like to work! I'm from Brazil and a heard a lot of complains about the hotel's staff!
However, there is no such thing at this hotel!
The staff is absolutely amazing! They are very helpful, specially with the guys from brazil! they are so simpatic and understand portuguese very well!
They can schedule tango, taxi, city tour, whatever you want! Just ask, and they try to make it up to you!
My special tnks to EDUARDO who tried to figure out a way to me and my girlfriend to spend the new year's eve! And succeed!

it's nearby the subway (red line - B) and has an amazing price!
The taxi from AEP airport was 61(pesos)!
The rooms are great, clean and they have FREE wi-fi!

Gracias, see you soon

• Stayed: January 2011
Reviewed 26 November 2010

The popularity index of this hotel in tripadvisor is not showing the hotels quailty. Its location is very good. It is an apart hotel and rooms have kitchen with the things you need. Front desk is very very helpful. There is no free internet but for a price around 5 us$ you can use wifi for 24 hours so it is not a big problem. I recommend this hotel to anyone for this price.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family