“Fantastic Food”

Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Montserrat
Description: Authentic French Brasserie with traditional French cuisine, onion soup, steak tartar, duck confit, beef bourguignon, salmon tartar, profiteroles, tatin tart and of course the best creme brulee in Buenos Aires. You can find Brasserie Petanque in Santiago of Chile too..
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This was perhaps the best restaurant we visited while in Buenos Aires for two weeks. The meat dishes were fantastic, especially the steak tartar. Highly recommend this restaurant.

2  Thank Mark N
Write a ReviewReviews (1,524)

Reviewed 13 May 2014

A professor of mine recommended this restaurant to me, saying that it is one of his favorites in the entire city of BA, and I can see why after trying it. Authentic French food for a great price (118 pesos for 3-course lunch menu, which included a soda, quiche loraine, steak dish with noodles, and delicious apple tart). No cover charge, and the complimentary Kir (creme de Cassis plus white wine) was a nice touch. I love this French restaurant - check it out! Closed on Mondays.

2  Thank Grace S
Reviewed 10 May 2014

It is safe to say I will be leaving part of my heart in Buenos Aires and with Petanque. The food was absolutely amazing but the service is what really sold this place to me. My first night in the country, a friend and I stumbled across Petanque looking for a bottle of wine and dessert. Hours and about a bottle of wine later we found ourselves with first hand local knowledge of what needed to be seen and what to eat in this city. We went back the next night to what may be the best salmon I've ever had here or in any other country. The owner Pascal, is one of the most genuine people and business men I have ever met. Thank you for making my experience in this city everything it was and everything I can write home about. To anyone looking for a resturant that will leave you missing something you didn't know you would, Petanque is your place.

2  Thank Amber K
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Truly the best meal we had in Buenos Aires. Not only was the food outstanding, the staff were all very friendly and the brasserie has fantastic decor. The owners Pascale and Leti are brilliant - friendly and clearly passionate about what they do. The restaurant is in an ideal location to explore San Telmo, particularly the market on Sunday. Having been disappointed with a number of Parilla's in town, Petanque was a very welcome surprise.

3  Thank Kim W
Reviewed 24 April 2014

In our recent trip to Buenos Aires we went twice to this Brasserie on San Telmo. It's a lovely place. First time we sat down at the bar where we enjoyed a nice bottle of Malbec with some appetizers, recommended by Pascal, the owner, who was an excellent host. We carried a very lively conversation with him. When we got back to BA, after spending a few days in Mendoza, we went back and this time had an amazing dinner: terrine and foie gras appetizer, my friend had the duck entree and I had the lamb gigot, recommended by our waiter. Everything was so good, very authentic, as good as in France. I totally recommend this restaurant. Will definitely go back while in Buenos Aires! Merci

2  Thank VenezolanoFLL