“Eating with wealthy locals”
Review of La Parolaccia

La Parolaccia
Ranked #98 of 4,780 Restaurants in Buenos Aires
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic, Groups, View, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Puerto Madero
Pune, India
“Eating with wealthy locals”
Reviewed 23 March 2013 via mobile

The food was excelent! The wine suggested by the waiter for lunch was suerb. We had a rucola salad with calamari followed with trout with grilled vegetables. Loved it.

• Turkish first
San Diego, California
“Fantastic Executive menu”
Reviewed 14 February 2013

The food is fantastic. We LOVE the the lasagna and the lemon chicken. The cheese bread (all the bread actually) is wonderful. The fried mozzarella cheese is world class - made in the restaurant and not frozen. But you have to go at lunch M - Sat to get the Menu ejecutivo. El menu ejecutivo gives you an appetizer, entree, and dessert for about $65 pesos or $12 dollars.

Visited February 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“waiters with an eye for your wallet, I agree”
Reviewed 22 January 2013

My son and I visited La Parolaccia and we were at easy and relaxed. the ambiance inside was excellent. He had a very expensive camera with him, we were sited inside in the dining room.
My son was talking photos and showing them to me. I saw one of the waiters looking at the camera, i paid no attention, it is a good camera and it looks it.
My son received a phone call in his cell and he walked outside the restaurant to take it.
A couple of waiters brought my coffee and dessert. One of them asked me where we came from etc. he said that he lived in USA at one point. His English was good.
Then my son walked in and he was hysterical. His camera was gone!!!. He screamed at me.
I couldn't figure out what happened. I had never left my chair! I don't see well from one eye, but i was right there!. They told us that there are gypsies in the area and sometimes they steal things. We left the restaurant and search everywhere. The more we talked about it, the more we feel that the waiters did a con job on us. It was a sad and tragic experience.
I do not think that every waiter in there is like that, but clearly they have a few rotten apples.
I enjoyed the food, however, the chef is not at fault. The prices were not unreasonable but I would never set foot in a restaurant named La Parolaccia even if it was in Timbuktu. The police are so used to this that they advised us to forget it about the whole thing. We were told that we were lucky!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank albert o
New York City, New York
“maybe the food is good but beware of your belongings!”
Reviewed 19 January 2013

In our second visit to this restaurant we were elated, only a few more hours to take our flight to another country in South America we chose La Paroloccia to say goodbye to Buenos Aires....that is where our nightmare began...I had my bag with all our passports resting on the table with my ipad in it...e few minutes before I had taken it out to call on Skype...a waiter comes and tells me to remove the bag from the table so he could put a dish with cookies...I hang the bag on the back of the chair...the other waiter with the bill came, I took my credit card out and that was the last time I saw my bag with all our passports....We panicked with asked everybody around us if they had seen anything....nothing....we were told that they are small gypsy children that come yo steal...we were crushed...the manager Christian Lopez said that they had a video of the whole thing....my wife was in tears ...I was desperate...all our credit cards everything was gone...then a few days later...the truth came out...an employee of the place had taken my bag and hidden it in the restaurant...the local police showed previous knowledge of this,,,,the manager so sympathetic before refused to show us the video saying it was private and belong to the restaurant...we have now realized that some of the people that work there do this on regular basis,,,we spent 22 days in Buenos Aires virtually trapped ina place with no money or credit cards...in our last visit ( of many) the owner was obvious to say that we should not come back there anymore...the food was good though...but if you feel you cannot be robbed inside the dining room, you are wrong.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank waldemarf107
Basel, Switzerland
“Good Italian in BA”
Reviewed 17 January 2013 via mobile

Very good food at reasonable prices. The menu is not fancy, however the food is really tasty. For whatever reason they always make you wait 2-5 minutes in the small lobby, even if the restaurant is empty. Is definitely a good option is you are looking for a break from Argentinan stake houses.