“One of the finest cocktails in Bs As”
Review of Gran Bar Danzon

Gran Bar Danzon
Ranked #16 of 172 Nightlife in Buenos Aires
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of the finest cocktails in Bs As”
Reviewed 13 June 2013

If you are looking for a cool place with excellent cocktails, good music and athmosphere, this is the place to be.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank DoctorTravel99

Austin, Texas
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Wonderful dinner in Buenos Aires”
Reviewed 20 January 2013

My wife and I were looking for a restaurant where we could have dinner and experience some interesting Argentinian wines. We ended up going to Gran Bar Danzon based on our web research. We hit it during happy hour one evening and the place was packed. Absolutely packed! Despite being a "local" establishment the hostess spoke excellent English and found a place for us at the back bar with an English speaking bartender who guided us through the menu and then proceeded to make some excellent wine recommendations.

The food was excellent and well presented...just off the upper tier of restaurants.

Unusually, Danzon has a large selection of wines by the glass which was what attracted us in the first place. Between my wife and I we tried 7 different local wines, all well chosen for us.

Overall, I would rate this an excellent experience. Be forewarned that the restaurant is extremely popular and prone to being crowded. I would recommend a reservation. The crowd looked to be young professionals and was, as you would expect, a bit boisterous. Expect to talk loudly to be heard by your dinner companions. Also please note that it is upstairs and the external signage is not super obvious. Go to the address and count on looking around a bit.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank Ted P
San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“A good place for a cocktail...”
Reviewed 6 January 2013

My husband and I came here for a late dinner our first night in BA. The atmosphere is cool although a tad cheesy (disco ball was a bit much). The cocktails were good, but the food was just ok...mediocre, I would say. I would recommend coming here to sit at the bar or in the lounge area for drinks and maybe a small plate, but definitely not a full meal.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank JaimePaul08
Santiago, Chile
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rudest Waitress”
Reviewed 20 September 2012

Went there with 3 other people last Monday. Nice place, good food, but our waitress was incredibly rude. First I said there were 5 of us, then I realized I was wrong; we were already seated but she made us change tables. We ordered a bottle of champagne for 3, which arrived promptly, but the mojito the other person ordered took eons to arrive. When we asked, she said it was being fixed but the bartender was doing nothing. She never smiled and had a terrible attitude. When she brought the check, I paid cash but the change was never brought to our table. We went to the register and asked for it. They said she probably thought the change was her tip, but I replied that I wanted my change and then I'd decide how much I wanted to tip her. They called her and she spoke to us in a very loud, nasty tone of voice, saying she had kept the change as her tip. I told her my tips were directly related to the number of smiles and, since I hadn't seen any all night, I was going to give her 4 dollars (the bill was about 180 dollars). I can't believe they call that "service" and expect a good tip; there's no place in a restaurant for servers with an attitude and there are a million good bars in Buenos Aires.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank pdelrio
Buenos Aires, Argentina
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Good place for a drink”
Reviewed 28 May 2012

We went there before dinner to have a drink and asked for two "caipirissimas"
( ron "caipirinhas") and a plate of cheeses,cooked ham and prosciutto. Everything was excellent. I have been many times, and also lived for a while in Brazil and the drinks were equal or better than the Brazilian ones. I asked who prepared the drinks and went to the bar to congratulate the barman for the well prepared cocktails. I even told him that they have nothing to envy to the Brazilian ones. He answered saying that he lived for many years in Praia Rosa, a vacation resort in the south of Brazil. This place have also a happy hour(2 drinks for the price of 1, but for the same customer). The delicatessen we had were that good and abundant that we skipped dinner. The place is located in a nice part of town and could be very romantic.Service was pretty good.

Visited August 2011