“Don;t bother”

Ranked #3,652 of 5,044 Restaurants in Buenos Aires
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 January 2010

Waste of a night. So disappointed that we came here. Horrible, cold, echoey space. My sweetbread terrine was overcooked, my rabbit lasagne was dried out and looked as if it had sat underneath the heat lamp for too long. My hubby had beef tartare, which was ok, and quail which was not very flavorful. The skin was also not crispy enough. Sommelier (if he was one) didn't seem too knowledgeable. My chocolate cake was hard and dry. Two tables near us finished and left while we were in the middle of dinner - they did not clear these tables until we were done with dessert. Very bad. They did not bother to clear the crumbs off of our table, but they did this for someone else. Bathroom smelled like cheap air freshener - at a high end restaurant this should never be the case. Don't go!

2  Thank travertine6
There are newer reviews for THYMUS

Reviewed 11 November 2009

Modern french, excellent food, service. A first-class experience.

Reviewed 4 November 2009

We recently came back to Thymus after having gone to this restaurant two years in a row. Yes, the environment is still very romantic and cozy, an old house converted into a quiet and charming place, but the food has not kept up with the price increases. The service is superb, however. We were looking forward to eating there, but after two consecutive dinners, we had to resign ourselves that the cuisine is not what it was earlier....

1  Thank Tangovet
Reviewed 19 September 2009

I have been to Buenos quite a few times and always make a point of visiting Thymus at least once. The food and service never fails and though some might say a little expensive I feel its woth every penny.
The chef Fernando Mayoral experiments and fuses foods that should not work but always seem to .... its a special place and worth treating yourself whilst in BA. Ican't wait for my next visit and I hope you try it yoo.

Reviewed 25 August 2008

Thymus is the best proof for BsAs cuisine not being just about steak. creative menu with french influences with great wine list and heavenly postres. When we visited they very understaffed, only one waitress and the sommelier taking care of guests