“Don't miss it if you have a sweet tooth.”
Review of Las Violetas

Las Violetas
Ranked #8 of 252 Coffee & Tea in Buenos Aires
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Argentinian, Bar
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 9 February 2014

The restaurant has been there since late 1800's. Immaculately maintained with beautiful stained glasses, Very spacious. Fantastic pastry. Unbelievable selection.

Recommend it for breakfast.

1  Thank Bozmajeh

Reviewed 21 December 2013

The coffee and pastries may be great but don't bother going for lunch. We went here, expecting a nice lunch but the food is not good. My husband ordered a salad and it was covered in melted cheese (like nacho cheese). The service was also very slow (even though it was not very busy).

On the plus side, it is a gorgeous building. The coffee and pastries looked great but we lost our appetite on the lunch so didn't bother sticking around for anything else.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

The perfect stop for a late afternoon break. Espresso appeared with two shortbread cookies dusted with cocoa accompanied by a glass of sparkling water (water with gas.) Take out pastry counter, coffee shop, and restaurant upstairs. Clearly a local favorite with families and friends stopping in to relax for afternoon tea and coffee. http://www.lasvioletas.com/v1/eng/html/home/index.php

Reviewed 30 July 2013

We went here late at night . Closing time was 0100, we were told, and it was 0045 but they let us in. There were still quite a few occupied tables. The restaurant has an old world ambience much like you'd see in Italy or Spain: simple but elegant. Since it was already late I only wanted to eat something light, say some cheese and crackers or some cold cuts (I know, I know...I wasn't in the USA) but they didn't have anything like that. So I just ordered a caipirinha. Much to my surprise, when my drink came they also gave me some bite-sized cheese squares, on the house. I also had a dulce de leche dessert cake (I forgot the name) where I finished off the dulce de leche part. Soooo good! Very friendly staff, by the way.

1  Thank mybluejeanbaby
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Be there and have a complete breakfast (desayuno) served for you and your friends and family. Easy to find, near of a subway station, there is no reason to not go there. As many buildings at Buenos Aires it was part of the city history well restored and kept in shape for visitors. Also, you can ask for an afternoon tea meal or just have the candies and sweeties as part of this experience.